McLaren MP4-12C

I think Ruud is fairly busy right now with commercial side of work...

What that means for us is that we'll probably get some handy new features filtering down, or some bug-fixes, depending on which one he has been working on.

That's all good to me. Content creation is still Racers weak point really. Skeletons and all that jazz are nice ideas, but I'm still struggling to see what the rush is to get more features when we have very little content right now to enjoy still (as in GT5 kinds of levels)

I wish I had another 8hrs a day just for hobby Racer work :D

Dave

The scripting has some updates that we've been waiting on for some time now, it just seems that it would be better to release that so we
can start working on identifying bugs.
That being said it would probably be a good idea to finalize a feature list for 0.9f.
On content creation I agree, but I imagine lot of people are waiting for 0.9f before they start.

Alex Forbin

In theory, you can still be doing the massive job of meshing polygons for a shed load of stuff.

I agree some building techniques may differ with the appearance of a new method, shader or feature. The main one for me was trees, but now we have an ok X shader for trees I'm happy to assume that will be all we will have for a while now.

However, there is still plenty we can do that probably won't change too much I think.

If we always wait for the new feature we won't move forward. The result is content that is probably obsolete by the time it is finished, BUT, the old Lambo is still fun to drive, or my old M3, or Stecki's 350Z with some shaders/sounds tweaks etc :D

Any well done content will always be good :)

Dave

Well, if the .ini was in a releasable state the I would release it as is haha, but while I stuff around with that for a while I may as well wait for the movable generic objects...
As it stands the model will be relevant for a few years I think, so while it might be a while until the next version we'll certainly be able to release it in a current state.

Any well done content will always be good :)

Sure, I was thinking to write a good tutorial for making cars (graphically speaking) so community know from the first time how things should be done for the future, like splitting car into generics, extracting x/y/z values from 3D for backfires, flares, manage & apply different UV projection techniques (automatic, spherical (for seats), cylindrical, planar(for body...), pack textures into bigger ones in DDS format ONLY for fps increase...etc...

I'm actually looking at the Mini + the Fiat Barchetta, all kind of issues, list is long after checking the original 3D files...hmm
I'll decide if I'll fix them or just abandon....

I usually go for a clean 3D work (maniac behavior) & for sure if everything sits 'perfectly' in your 3D, then in Racer, it'll just look awesome & will ALWAYS be for future versions of Racer...

That's why, it's so important to get it right from the first time you do it !

<bump> Is this the same car that IRacing has said they're about to model? Wouldn't it be swell if Racer had it first?!

Not exactly, they're doing the GT3 version IIRC.

This has kinda halted, I should really get around to modelling more of it but since I've gotten my new job I've been working on mostly environments and R&D type stuff.
Dave's also busy with work and other stuff so can't do more on the ini.

Having said that I would love to get this out, as well as the 458 and the Aventador. Also whatever else I might have posted here and forgotten about lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%