McLaren MP4-12C

junaid grow up or get out.

I've been working on this pretty consistently. Getting somewhat pedantic with details now... (grab the URL and open it in a new tab/window - the pic is probably bigger than what you have set for the forum.)
10.10.13.1047.Rear3-4.jpg

As it sits in the render it's at 13072 polies. Bumping down to the lower LOD it's 5522 polies.
Not as bad as I would have expected really.

Its neither cg or non-cg atm is its in 3dsmax, not in Racer yet. I expect it'll be Cg first, non-Cg possibly later. If you can't run Cg, I'd suggest getting a rig that can run Cg, its the future.

Maybe someone should make it clear what shaders are, in the Racer context? A poor attempt will follow.

When a modeler makes an object, be it a car or a track, no shaders are applied, and as such, it is neither
CG nor NO-CG. It is simply a mesh with (or without) textures. The shaders add - within Racer - enhanced
attributes to the model, and these attributes exist only within Racer.

More info can be found at Ruuds site:
http://www.racer.nl/ under Documentation (go figure ;) )

I don't like the ripple on the back bumper, may be a function of what it's reflecting. But I think the lines may not be smooth enough.

Nice work! those exhausts looks like a mustache to me in some way;)

Camsinny, how do you model those details so well? Do you have very good and detailed blueprints? or you model from pics?
Some tips or tricks about modeling might be welcome:p

I don't like the ripple on the back bumper, may be a function of what it's reflecting. But I think the lines may not be smooth enough.

Yeah I thought it was a problem too but i have a feeling that it's actually the environment.

At first it'll be CG. I might contact someone to get them to do a non-cg version, though I already have someone in mind. I'll send PMs though, don't ask for a beta and don't offer to do it, I won't reply.

Not much progress today. Might be some more tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Nice work! those exhausts looks like a mustache to me in some way;)

Camsinny, how do you model those details so well? Do you have very good and detailed blueprints? or you model from pics?
Some tips or tricks about modeling might be welcome:p
I'm not a great teacher haha
I do have good prints, but the details like seams and stuff i'm modelling by photo reference mainly. It's really important to get as much and as detailed photo reference as possible. You might think your mesh is right by your prints but check photos to be sure. Being an artist isn't about following blueprints :)
You should also study other models, especially from proven artists to see how they do stuff. Like I said though, you need to know when to do your own thing.
And the most important bit: Practice.

A small update before I head off to work for the evening.
10.10.14.1559.Front3-4.jpg

10.10.14.1608.Rear3-4.jpg

I might put it in-game later and see how it looks. Still need to slightly smooth the rear bumper. Not real happy with the windows either. Not sure whether or not to do a detailed engine bay as I'm hitting over 50k now, we'll see how it goes in the next version of racer which should run better (fingers crossed!)

It's kinda been on ice while other projects are in the mix...but since you've brought it up I might thaw it out.

With the next version of racer this should really start to shine...when we have individual wheel braking through scripting and I'll be able to setup the movable rear wing properly with bones in max.

Let's see how busy I am today and how much I can get done :D

It's kinda been on ice while other projects are in the mix...but since you've brought it up I might thaw it out.

With the next version of racer this should really start to shine...when we have individual wheel braking through scripting and I'll be able to setup the movable rear wing properly with bones in max.

Let's see how busy I am today and how much I can get done :D

The movable rear wing could be modeled & then pass thru Tracked which easily assign bones to 'closed' meshes...
What do you intend with 'individual wheel braking' ? Isn't it already do-able ?

Looking forward from your work, it looks amazing ! :)

We want to be able to brake bias left and right, or actually add braking when no input is generated at the pedal... MP4 12C has brake-steer, so the inside wheel brakes a little to generate a complimentary yaw to the steering input...

Dave

Damn, I'm happy with this model...it looks awesome in-game!

Does anyone know (probably QCM) the deal with the skeletons on generic objects? I'm wanting to use skeletons for the movable rear wing, and I could have sworn I saw somewhere listed about 3 or 4 different "modes" for the skeleton...is this in the current version of racer or are we waiting for the next version for that?

Does anyone know (probably QCM) the deal with the skeletons on generic objects? I'm wanting to use skeletons for the movable rear wing, and I could have sworn I saw somewhere listed about 3 or 4 different "modes" for the skeleton...is this in the current version of racer or are we waiting for the next version for that?

And waiting, and waiting....it looks like development has stalled again.

Alex Forbin

From my testings, I only managed skeletons from special.ini track files & that's not car generics parts. I did the same with the car skeletons objects, they seem not working actually speaking. Hm, I'll recheck the scripts & actual possibilities of doing the same in another way...

And waiting, and waiting....it looks like development has stalled again.

Alex Forbin

AFAIK, they looking in the code & they already did some updates on racer.nl recently ! :)
Hopefully, they don't have 1.6 millions lines of code as Shift 2 supposes to have with their 'new' shader/physics engine...[Nogrip.com]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%