Looks like the Star Mazda is one of the cars to get the NTM treatment

...and this is the message stating that:

Tony Gardner (iRacing) said:
There is a World Cup Document in reference section if you want to read more about it but here is some additional information.

Like we said on the oval side, the content will be trucks at Michigan. On the Road side it will be the Star Mazad at Spa. But here is the catch; there will be the NTM on the Star Mazda as an FYI when we do the build. We are aiming to do the build pretty early - Tues or Wed. We could switch to the Skippy car and change the track but let's make it interesting
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

Let's face it, the World Cup Tournament is a bit confusing but it essentially works the same way as the last two years so maybe the veterans can help answer questions.

I will attempt to confuse, I mean summarize it:

First off, just like last year, we will break the drivers from the 25 qualifying clubs into divisions at the start of the tournament. We will also seed those 25 clubs into 4 groups. Last year we had 5 divisions this year we are going to have 6 divisions. The drivers will just race all they want in the RACC runoffs which go from Jan 24-27 (East Coast times). Essentially all that really is happening during the RACC runoffs along with the normal fun of racing is placing the top drivers for each of the 25 clubs for each of the six divisions. Also it is important to note that if your club makes it to the World Cup Final, the RACC runoffs are also important because the drivers with the most points from your club are the ones who race in the finals.

Then for the RACC Finals, similar to last year, we will only allow the top driver from each division from each club in the race for both road and oval. There are two races that day for both road and oval for convenience, each driver is welcome and encouraged to do them both. We also have a bumping mechanism so if the top driver from a division does not show up, the number two driver can drive, etc so you should encourage your club members to register to race even if not the top driver in a division. (Last year we let in the top two drivers from each division because only 17 clubs made it.) There will be a field of 25 this year for the RACC Final (25 clubs) for each division. We can't let the top 2 because a field of 50 is too big. Therefore there will be 6 race splits basically by division for both road and oval again with a field size of 25. If you go look at the RACC Final on our website and open up the Race results you will see what I mean based on last year (again last year we only had 5 divisions and therefore 5 race splits). Although everyone is racing together in RACC final, you are essentially racing for points against the other clubs in your group. Again, there are 4 groups. The winning club for each of the 4 groups makes it the World Cup Final.

The World Cup Final is between the winning clubs for each of the 4 groups. It will let in the top 9 drivers for each of these clubs based on race points during the RACC runoffs for a race field of 36. Again there is a bumping mechanism if someone does not show up so make sure you get more than your top 9 for both road and oval to show up if you make it this far. The combined points winning club from the oval race and road race is the 2011/2012 World Cup Champion.

Good Racing and Good Luck!!!

Stats disagree, though you're rigth if you say this particular message hasn't got a lot of attention.

Stats just show numbers, what would be more interesting is stats vs the start of the thread.

Im not gonna mention any names but im not alone in thinking the iR section is "dead"
Trust me i honestly don't care how many posts this thread gets, i just posted it because alot of people love the star mazda and i think most of us drove it as we climbed the class-ladder.

Make it alive :) Forums are active when the content is good.

I tried :) made some threads and discussed the Mclaren etc :p

No but i just thought there would be slightly more traffic and discussions about everything considering there are so many iracers but i guess it will come alive when like you say, new content gets talked about or released.

I can´t wait to drive the NTM Mazda, should get rid of the alien setups where the rear wheels had been replaced with two ice blocks.
Low speed grip and curbs i´m looking forward to the most i think, can really hustle the car more realistically now.

I think the Ford GT is pretty damn good now as well. C6R feels like it has way to high sidewalls for some reason.
HPD is a dream.

They just need to fix the grip issue where you have the best grip right out of the box.

I'm not thrilled, but I hope the new tyres will improve the handling of the car. So far I've not been very impressed with the NTM, though it does improve driving a bit. Low speed lack of grip has hardly been fixed as far as I can tell. Let's hope that gets better on the SM.

I'm certainly looking forward to the NTM on Star Mazda and DP. Since the release of the HPD I could hardly drive these two cars anymore so I've not been very active - hope this will change with the new release. My hopes are high; and I certainly hope the NTM is still further improved - be it on the cars that had it already or the new ones.

I tried :) made some threads and discussed the Mclaren etc :p
Yeah, but you effectively gave up on it only 5 hours after starting the intial thread, lol.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/mclaren-mp4-spec-series.44041/

:D

You have to remember not everyone lives on the RD forums. Maybe they are too busy actually iRacing, which is why they don't post here much. Or maybe they are just getting on with their lives outside of RD and sim racing.

I will however agree that there are quite a few of the original iRacing crowd that used to frequent these forums quite often are hardly seen anymore. Again, I guess real life kicks in and the hobby is shunted down the list of priorities.

;)

Yeah, but you effectively gave up on it only 5 hours after starting the intial thread, lol.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/mclaren-mp4-spec-series.44041/

:D

You have to remember not everyone lives on the RD forums. Maybe they are too busy actually iRacing, which is why they don't post here much. Or maybe they are just getting on with their lives outside of RD and sim racing.

I will however agree that there are quite a few of the original iRacing crowd that used to frequent these forums quite often are hardly seen anymore. Again, I guess real life kicks in and the hobby is shunted down the list of priorities.

;)

I did not mean that thread just so you know ;)
Yes i know most have lives but compared to other threads it just seems dead-ish if you know what i mean with the occasional signing up process etc but nevermind, it´s already been discussed at this point :)

Seems like the Mazda won´t get the NTM for the World Cup.... Why am i not surprised....

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you and update on the build deployment schedule for this week. As of right now we are planning on deploying a website update before the weekend which is required to make some changes for the RACC Finals on Saturday and World Cup on Sunday. This will require some downtime this week but there will be
no software update at this time.

We are planning the full website and software update on Monday morning of next week. This will be an extended downtime, likely about 6 hours as we have a lot of infrastructure changes that will be taking place.

Chris will post in the announcement section when we have more details on the down times.

Steve

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years