Logitech Wheel ( G25 ) self Calibrating off / not Centre

Thought I would make a thread for this in the hope that someone having the same problem and tearing their hair out finds the way I solved this useful/works for them.

The problem - My G25 stopped centering it suddenly was 10 - 15 degrees out -and whatever I did - unplug, reboots changing Logitech Profiles - nothing would work.

Solution (for me at least) - using windows 'Programs and Features' I UNINSTALLED the Logitech Gaming Software (v 5.10 in my case). No reboot needed - I then went to 'Game Controllers' where my G25 is listed (highlight G25 if you have multiple controllers) Click Properties - Then the Settings tab - then Calibrate - This then takes you through windows own calibration for the wheel - which allows you to set the wheel at the centre. Apply.

I then tested the wheel in the same game that had caused me problems to make sure it really was centered (Although I'm now sure I could have missed this step out). I then closed the game again and re-installed the Logitech Gaming Software (all my profiles were still there after reinstalling) - and it all worked properly.

Hope this post stops someone going nuts and tearing their hair out like I almost did over this issue !

Another easy solution I have found is to disconnect the USB plug of the G25 to the PC, and re-connect it again. Most times it re-centres again.
I think Dave tried that last night but didn't help. But IIRC if you plug it into the same USB port you were using, it will keep the old calibration settings. But if you switch USB port it should reset the calibration settings.

Upvote 0
To reply on an seriously old thread =)

I just recently experienced this issue. And every other two, three days. When booting up or restarting, randomly the wheel off centers, left or right by a couple degrees. Last I played AC was 2 years ago on win7 without any hiccups or problems.

The fastest remedy I found is to switch usb port and check with wheelcheck. Before I used your guide with uninstalling lgs and recalibrating through win10 usb gamecontrollers.

Im wondering if its the optical encoder, but this only happens during boot up, in game im not experiencing any issues. Also during these two years I didnt play any simracers, I just plugged the g25 out and left it on my desk, so im leaning towards software issue like described with win10 since I never experienced this 2 years ago on win7. But, maybe its finally time to upgrade to a fancier wheel =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back