Resource icon

Cameras Stunning / True to Life Cockpit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Don't be a girl - be a Man / Use Cockpit Cam

It's ridiculously hard to please everyone with a single mod so now you have the choice.

Extract - Epic CC Mod to wherever you like, select the version you want to try and copy folder "cars" to your F1 2013 installation folder.

First question that will come to your mind is - "So many versions, which should I choose ?"

The main choice is very simple - Keyboard or Wheel : the difference in this is the head centering when coming out of a corner, the Wheel versions centers quickly.

For the rest I would suggests to select - Normal FOV, Normal Move, Normal Shake and start from that.

Do a couple a laps and you will know that for you - the FOV is too wide / select Lower FOV or is too narrow / select Higher FOV.

Next you will find that the head - moves too much / select Less Move.

And finally the Shakes, no need to explain I think.

Some examples -

FOV : Lower, Normal and Higher

a1jzpd.jpg

b9hau8.jpg

34j8wg5.jpg

Move : Normal and Less Move

25ss7xf.jpg

jg1jc2.jpg

Real drivers eye camera positions based on the helmet positions.
This did not work quite as I expected it to so I decided to optimize the positions a bit because some cars just didn't look realistic at all

20h7tjl.jpg

307qki0.jpg

4k9thz.jpg

jf7p5x.jpg

2qk7ynr.jpg

iz8b4h.jpg

mx2d1c.jpg

x3a9z9.jpg

9rn0q0.jpg

2ebvods.jpg

9gat8k.jpg

161x9bl.jpg

jtnrs2.jpg

2coodjk.jpg

But the helmet positions ware used as an optimization starting point

oieqvc.jpg

I really hope you guys will freaking love this mod because it took me a whole lot of time and effort.

All that's left is - Very High and Very Low FOV versions to what I hope will make this mod complete and finished.

Thanks go to - Ryder for the BXML Convertor, Adrian for making this great video and me for obvious reasons.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Like totally off or much less ? Tomorrow I'll upload a couple of versions with different movement ranges, sounds good ?

A proper sim setup uses an FOV where the frame of the viewing device is like a cardboard cutout. You sit in a real F1 car and place that cardboard cutout at a distance away from you that the screen will be. What you see through that frame is what you should see in the sim.

I laugh out loud at the youtube vids of "professional" simmers who have a setup with 50m long arms and the steering wheel the size of a credit card in the middle of the screen.

I like it a lot! I was searching for a CAM like this, with movement and shanking... I'm waiting for the 2013 version. A question, you will make it for all (2013) cars?
Thank you, good work :)

Guys tell me if something is wrong. It's kinda hard to test everything if you're doing four versions of a mod ;-)

I'm also planing on doing a less shaky version, anyone interested ?

Last edited:
if it doesn't shake all then i download it ! ;)

So you'd like a none shake with movement and ham2007 no movement with shakes ?

You guys are hard to please :mad:;).

My mod already contains the very little movement, its in "4 Almost Static" version.
But maybe you mean very little shakes as well ?

Very nice head-cam mod! I do the best of the best cam mod for myself and your cams will be included. Thank U!

You are very welcome.

Last edited:
So you'd like a none shake with movement and ham2007 no movement with shakes ?

You guys are hard to please :mad:;).

My mod already contains the very little movement, its in "4 Almost Static" version.
But maybe you mean very little shakes as well ?

You are very welcome.
just no movement and no shakes, otherwise i 'm constantly moving my head to still get a steady look and that's going to hurt my neck 1 time :p

hazy submitted a new resource:

One more Cockpit Camera Mod. - My idea of how a realistic camera looks like.

Read more about this resource...

Hi, i'm interested to modify the fov cameras files but i don't know what's the lines related to the in-game cams (t-cam, cockpit, etc....those i can change in-game pressing the button for switch the cameras......not the replay cams or other).

Can you describe me what sectors\lines of the file i have to modify?

exmple: <View type="Chase" ident="spectator_cam_02" etc........

Thank you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years