License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

I'm pretty sure in his heart of hearts Brendon probably wishes he hadn't started this license thing because it is actually just hurting the people operating legally. The task must be like a mill stone round his neck. Trying to police the world is never easy.
It does make me wonder how many people have given up because of the hassle. Not many have answered the who has a license question on this forum.
Any way still no license here :coffee:

Ok I'm pleased to be able to report Brendon appears to be fine and has just replied to an email of mine:)

Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the delivery of the license because Brendon had no record of the HID being submitted. Yet my license page says it has been issued but there is nothing there. So something has gone astray somewhere.

If I hear anymore I'll keep you posted.

Ok I'm pleased to be able to report Brendon appears to be fine and has just replied to an email of mine:)

Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the delivery of the license because Brendon had no record of the HID being submitted. Yet my license page says it has been issued but there is nothing there. So something has gone astray somewhere.

If I hear anymore I'll keep you posted.

:speechless: Brendon reacted!!!

If Brendon is not happy with the current licensing system he maybe could finally fix and release his Beta with a enhanced licensing system. The Beta has been out for one and half year by now.

Even if Beta had a better (sorry) licensing system I would still be reluctant to change over to it...
My biggest worry with it (after the fiasco with it's licensing) is that it's project files are not backwards compatible... :(

Lol, nothing serious. Just that he didn't show any activity. So it is good to know he is still active :)
:)
That's why I said it, to re-assure people, because sometimes the mind plays tricks when you appear to be writing to yourself.
Just to add to the story, Brendon has replied with my license so I am sorted:D

Now I can finish my UK Kart tracks.

By the way, don't want to worry you, but I think you have an admirer. :whistling:

HI!
I am a BTB Evo user and I have the same problem with my License file since now 10 Days.
Have write it in the (Vista/Windows 7) Threat here at Racedepartment.
The BTB runs fine for me since many Years first under W.XP and the last two Years under W.7 64bit.
I dont have changed any hardware and my new License I take last month 19.02.2013 for one
Year again.
It runs fine befor the 20 March 2013 and I dont work with BTB for a Week circa, after I startBTB
again it comes the LOCK SYSTEM message!
Now I read here also the BTB Pro users have this problems, and it is a License problem.
I also think: it is possible that my License works only for one month? and not for 12 months?
Because it works exactly one month! On the BTB homepage it says to 14.02.2014.
This is so frustrating and I dont know what I can do again.
Now I also think to write at Mr. Brendon but I dont remember his Email adress.
Can some one help me please?
Thank You! Cheers Franky.

In trying to renew my BTB EVO licence I get a "
Server Error in '/' Application. "
error when I submit the relicensing request. As I don't understand the error or what google has to say about it I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me,

Exactly the same problem :

BTB my evo with expired license ....
I ask to send a new license on the BTB and there site:

Big error message: if one of you has something .... thank you ....
I have bought BTB evo three time, and BTB pro two time....

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

So, let's say I buy a new license for BTB Pro, is it guaranteed I'll actually get it?
I never got replies when I mailed him, but I can't work anymore on my current stuff on my new PC.

EDIT: Talking about 8.03 not the new Beta, the older version is enough for me right now.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years