PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

A good solution which would solve the problems WMD is having with the authorities would be to cancel the financial returns to all members. Then the situation would be just like many of you describe, you have paid for a game in advance instead of making an investment. Everyone would be happy, right?
And what will happen if you payed more than full member?

It doesn't matter how we see it, if it's investment or not. What matters is how the law sees it.

If there will be no financial return to expect then SMS will be at the same place where they started, searching publisher and we maybe get "so-so" racing game at best. No one will be happy except publisher

A good solution which would solve the problems WMD is having with the authorities would be to cancel the financial returns to all members. Then the situation would be just like many of you describe, you have paid for a game in advance instead of making an investment. Everyone would be happy, right?

That's okay for those us who only put in a few pounds/dollars/euros. It's unrealistic to expect large contributors to adopt that position, indeed why should they, without their major cash input the game would never have reached the stage it has. Remember, it's a new type of business venture in the videogaming world. By what I see happening it's a precursor to many more.
As for the financial regulation authorities they always know and do what's right, don't they.:rolleyes:

The FSA are there not to stifle business but to help it stay above the law and protect everyone involved. It is clearly not a dodgy investment scheme but the FSA must do their job and be thourough.
I can imagine an FSA report on sms "It didn't look dodgy so I didn't scratch the surface".
Again, it is clearly not dodgy like when a man takes money as an investment in a company that does not exist then runs away with your money to a sunny place.

I thought you members were all consultants that paid for the privilege of testing the game? If you didn't pay for that, then you must have paid for something? Obviously those not investors who put quite large sums of money into it (not counting the rich few) wanted to pay more for that privilege and would be quite happy to not get a "not" investment return?

Everyone above team member is obviously an investor, that's plain to see and it does not matter what SMS or their men wish to call it.

Me, well I'll just buy it on the steam sale if it comes good. :cool:

"Everyone above team member is obviously an investor, that's plain to see and it does not matter what SMS or their men wish to call it."

In fact, they are going to get so screwed i don't know if this game will ever be released. They're hiding under bullshit names, but it is a clear investment. There are guys who threw 50000€+ into this game.

I don't think Kickstarter gives a share of the revenue to the "donators", they'll give you a copy of that game/bonuses/t-shirts/etc. I may be wrong.

Anyway if the FSA are investigating for "investment" they're going to find it, that's for sure.

Read this, educate yourself.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/product_news/saving_investments/crowdfunding

You folks need to get a grip. This is not a typical investment as much as i am an investor in the place i work. Yes, you are investing money but not in the financial market sense. These crowdfunded things are a new thing and the law is trying to catch up and I would expect new controls put in place by the gov to accommodate them.
Calling it an investment or not is irrelevant, the fsa will look at what sms and others are doing and come up with new words, phrases, laws and guidance to help describe and protect all involved.
The Uk gov do not want to crush new business.

pCARS doesn't use crowdfunding, you buy a "toolpack", and if the game sells you get a share of the revenue proportional to what you invested in the toolpack. Kickstarter doesn't work like that and won't give you money.

Educate yourself, please.

I don't think Kickstarter gives a share of the revenue to the "donators", they'll give you a copy of that game/bonuses/t-shirts/etc. I may be wrong.

Anyway if the FSA are investigating for "investment" they're going to find it, that's for sure.

I would rather have a t-shirt than shares in a worthless company as a return on investment.

I hope the fsa do their job, they are there to protect people (I hope)

I think it is not what sms are doing but how they have worded it that has attracted attention.

Project cars is not a financial service like a bank, building society, investment bank or anything like that, altho some aspects do provide financial return given the game sells well.
FSA will look at this aspect of project cars and iron out anything that is a problem.
I expect a few things to be changed at the request of the FSA but I very much doubt it will affect the majority only those "rich" people.

Does anyone have links or suggested wheel settings to make the G27 perform better than it does from the stock setting? I've just reinstalled pCARS and have been spoilt by other sims as I cannot obtain good feel and FFB for many of the cars (not trying to flamebait BTW). The lack of feel may be a side effect of the tyre testing going on in the latest build so I may have to live with it for now.

Further, I've read about FFB tweek files but cannot locate ones specifically for the G27 on the WMD forum.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years