kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Hahah :)
No problem kristiannn I'll try this asap and see if it is really messed up. You could be right and also it doesn't affect cornering speed but affects the exit/acceleration/top speed of AI cars, of this I'm pretty much sure.
One idea for separating the teams - could you, for example, leave the current pace for to 3 teams, and as you go down, start slowing them up until you reach tier 5. When you reach it see whats the gap between the last 3 teams and the midfield and make them 3-5 seconds slower. I know the pace will not be so quick overall but will be consistent for all tracks and there will be no added BHP to boost them. Everything should be in the cornering speed/braking points. I know you are almost on the limit of what AI can do. I know, you will lose 1-1.5 seconds of their pace but they will still be that consistent on all tracks and everybody will be able to find their sweet spot either with default setups or any other way. Thank you. Cheers!

the BHP makes ~0.2 sec difference per lap. It's not 1 or 1.5. Top speed isn't affected too. It's just easier for them to reach it. Anyways, we'll see what I'll do.. :D

during my testing (melbourne) 10 additional BHP resulted in 0.15-0.2 seconds faster laptime, most curiously only in sight and most noticably on corner exit. They just reach topspeed earlier, but topspeed isn't necessarily higher.From what i have tested, the ai_engine_power_tier only affects in sight performance.
Also 1:22,9 in Melbourne 10% race on standard setup is possible, but only with fast fuel mix. But since you cannot race the whole race on mix 3 that laptime essentially is too fast .. in my opinion ..

Exactly my point. Having this fast pace makes the AI pace impossible to reach on standard fuel mix. Acceleration is much more important than pure top speed. Even if you make good corner exit they blow you accelerating much faster than you. I did some testing without the extra BHP database which kristiannn posted earlier. I tested in Malaysia and I must say the difference for me is HUGE. I could keep up the pace in a 30% race with Mclaren, Sauber and Lotus (not Renault). They were quick and haven't noticed any abnormalities in the grid until lap 10 (when I quit the race). The pack was spreading, spaces between the teams formed and no magical boosts were observed. Have to try in Practice/Quali though without accelerating time to see if there are some glitches in team performances.
As I said, I would greatly appreciate if one of you balances the mod without adding any extra BHP to any car and at the same time maintain the gap (through making the midfield/backmarkers slower, not top teams faster). Thank you both and keep up the good work!
Cheers!

I think you should change the pitstops time... Ferarri showed that they have the fastest pitstops... just need to check out the time's they made on the last race, it was on Mayalysia I think. Lowest they did was 2.9 I think.

I think you should change the pitstops time... Ferarri showed that they have the fastest pitstops... just need to check out the time's they made on the last race, it was on Mayalysia I think. Lowest they did was 2.9 I think.

in one race if you were quickest at the pit its not big switch their performance they are much faster than last year.but ı think Mercedes and Red Bull still fastest teams on the pit

Kristiann Ai is faster in straight this is good but very fast i opening DRS couldn't catching on straight.How you add 50 BHP I need to edit that little bit reduce for example 30-35 BHP Can you help me about that? and mod is really good and can you make more agressive and more atack in races and develop little bit brake point.If you remembered We could a lot of time wait V2.0 and mod is good..Thank you

Gosh this people....
Kristiann Ai is faster in straight this is good but very fast i opening DRS couldn't catching on straight.How you add 50 BHP I need to edit that little bit reduce for example 30-35 BHP Can you help me about that? and mod is really good and can you make more agressive and more atack in races and develop little bit brake point.If you remembered We could a lot of time wait V2.0 and mod is good..Thank you

Look at previous page, there is a database file which is with engine power set to default.

After reading all pages I just want to check a couple of caveats your mod seems to have:

1. Race distance should be at least 40% for good results
2. Ai difficulty should be set to Legend (preferred) or Professional
3. Use the default engineer setup (middle)
4. To ensure proper quali results any time in pits should be spent in FFW time (x6)
5. Use Short Weekend mode to further ensure quali doesn't get messy.

Congratulations on releasing 2.0, kristiannn:)

After reading all pages I just want to check a couple of caveats your mod seems to have:

1. Race distance should be at least 40% for good results
2. Ai difficulty should be set to Legend (preferred) or Professional
3. Use the default engineer setup (middle)
4. To ensure proper quali results any time in pits should be spent in FFW time (x6)
5. Use Short Weekend mode to further ensure quali doesn't get messy.

Congratulations on releasing 2.0, kristiannn:)

Thanks and Thanks! :D

ok just did a test at MONZA figuring out thats where 50hp+ will make the most difference..

AI with 50hp+ does P1 AI does 1.22.6xx or .7xx
AI without 50hp P1 AI does 1.23.3xx or .4xx
Both setting identical at times represent while AI in sight and first 6 laps of the race..
Race distance was 50% at RACE ONLY MODE

Im Not sure the difference in speed on other tracks like melbourne

I think it's not simply to make them faster. Like Ace said, it's balanced with their out of sight speed so there is actually minimum difference. If you set them to default - you have out of sight again. It must be re-balanced as a whole to make the AI not so quick but still balanced and competitive throughout the calendar.

kristiann, any chance you can slow the safety car down.. the safety car doesnt bunch up the pack when deployed mid way through the race.. even sometimes i just catch upto the safety car just before it pits in..

• Deleted member 113561

AI MOD 2.3 50% GP MELBOURNE LEGEND
STILL BUGS

END OF QUALIFYING:
1st Sutil 1:22.6
2nd Hamilton 1:23

But hey were FASTER In training

Webber 1:22.4 in Training!!!

Please Fix

Further Please Fix Distance the Car in front during Safety Car (make them smaller please)

Further on Legend AI is too fast in Wet Conditions on some tracks (e.g. Kuala Lumpur)

AI MOD 2.3 50% GP MELBOURNE LEGEND
STILL BUGS

END OF QUALIFYING:
1st Sutil 1:22.6
2nd Hamilton 1:23

But hey were FASTER In training

Webber 1:22.4 in Training!!!

Please Fix

Further Please Fix Distance the Car in front during Safety Car (make them smaller please)

Further on Legend AI is too fast in Wet Conditions on some tracks (e.g. Kuala Lumpur)

I'll see what I can do about it... But probably I won't be able to fix it.. This happens to both my and Ace's mod.

Can someone summarize all the things I need to fix? There were some corners on some tracks and etc? I'm too lazy to read everything again.. :D

kristiann there's one thing that you can fix is on Catalunya track !
On the track at the number 3 , they are slow and at the number 5 , they go often in the sand !

this is the track and the red circles on the map are the number 3 and 5 that i talk ...
563zu.jpg

so if you could fix it this will be appreciate !

I have something to say about your mods.... this is the BEST AI mods on F1 2011, This is much better than that done Codemasters , They should hire you for make the AI :D

Thanks a lot !

at india circuit 2nd corner they are slow and spain circuit you can fix some corners and kristiann you added some bhp for ai can we add for us ? they are so much fastly in the straight so mod is good and can you fix nurburgring circuit at the end of the long straight if you fix that thay will drive faster

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%