KIA coming to iRacing

270 BHP, frontwheel Kia Optima.
Used in World Challenge Racing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 332
On the other hand, it's good that it's not going to be forced into a Rookie fixed setup series.
Had it been a regular road car like the Mazda with some trick bits on i would have agreed.
Instead we get setups made by monkeys for a full season and most will probably run it in leagues where they can exploit the cars potential.

They have such great priorities at iRacing. Thank god for Assetto Corsa. Proper cars.

The least they could do is make it free like the Caddy, a car 1% asked for.
Kia and Caddy paid for it to be developed at the front of the queue, but only Caddy paid to make it base content. Of course, that came with it being stuck in rookie with fixed setups. I much prefer to just pay for it and get a solid open setup series out of it.Hell, I would have likely bought the Jetta years ago if it had been open setup.

And if you don't like the Kia, just enjoy that the car is the reason the Caddy will have a proper series next season ;)

I don´t care much for the Caddy, it´s still broken beyond anything else.
Center point physics comes to mind. It´s like when the Ford GT first arrived only times 10.
Agreed, at first I thought setups and when I looked at the numbers, ermmmmm, couldn't figure out why it reacted like that !

Hopefully it gets fixed when the Kia comes out, which btw will apparently have 350hp, 76 more than on the official Pirelli World Challenge booklet :O_o:

EDIT: It appears to be the stock car's HP, but I cannot find the real figure, if there is one, lol.

Yeah, I can't drive the Caddy either. Hopefully, the KIA drives better and would be able to enjoy this years subscription (which I haven't yet!).

I don't care if it's free or not, what matters is that I like it's physics/feeling etc. I enjoy FWD so I'm all fingers crossed for this one!

Just seen the change log...

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3186272.page#6970046

and I'm really curious if the below will have some positive difference...

New Tire Model

- The way we model tire carcass yaw motion relative to the rim has been improved. This has helped responsiveness.

- The NTM tires (and real world tires) are very dependent on temperature which greatly affects the properties of rubber. We've always just used 3 slices of tire (inside, middle, outside) to track temperature since way back in the day, but this is not really sufficient for the NTM, since it is so much more critical to get correct temperature than in the OTM or Papyrus tire models. The tire code now computes temperatures for many elements across the surface. Now tires in the sim compute anywhere from 7-9 slices for our narrower tires, to up to 20 slices for the wide tires some of the cars have. The result is that as the tire contact patch is moving left and right across the tire surface the temperatures used by the grip code are more correct and produce a better, more progressive tire temperature effect. Also, the 3 temperatures we record for visual display are now more accurate too (although there is still work to be done there). This change applies to all NTM tires.

Hopefully it gets fixed when the Kia comes out, which btw will apparently have 350hp, 76 more than on the official Pirelli World Challenge booklet :O_o:

EDIT: It appears to be the stock car's HP, but I cannot find the real figure, if there is one, lol.
The GTS class has cars between 400 and 500 HP. Hard to pin it down more accurately since the restrictors can change.
http://www.automotive.com/features/car-technology/why-kia-goes-racing/viewall.html
I think it will improve a little bit, but it's not NTMv5 yet! That will be released together with the Lotus 49.
If anything, I expect the sidewall stuff to help with tankslappers while the extra temperature slices will help with extreme setups and cambers. Will see soon just how much of a difference it makes.

OK, seems not many have tried the KIA yet. So, since it's a FWD (my favorites) and I don't want to give up on iRacing, I bought it and tried it.

In a nut shell, I am very happy :) And finally I will be back to iRacing to take part in the KIA championship.

Some tips if you try it:

1. Default setup is crap! It makes a huge difference if you add some rear wing and play with toe/camber etc. I will upload a set tonight.

2. The car has ABS and it rattles the wheel a lot! I had to go to app.ini and decrease the FFB Smooth value. The rattles went away when adjusting the right FFB value in game too.

With the right setup and FFB, the car does feel great and if you like FFB you will enjoy this addition.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back