Karts are here!

Seems they are still busy over at Image Space Inc:

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/karts/

rf2_karts_031.jpg

rf2_karts_021.jpg

rf2_karts_051.jpg

And for anyone who missed it, this month they also released the Panoz Roadster!
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/panoz-roadster/

For added realism on these karts, you need to get someone to punch your ribs and back after each session. As well bang the inside of your knees and lift a few weights to make your arms ache.

These karts dont have enough torque though. If they're modelled on Rotax, then the initial bottom end should be a bit boggy, but then the middle range kicks in and tails off towards the top.

Gear ratios seem abit odd too - everyone I know just changes the rear sprocket and only change the front (clutch) sprocket when the weather changes. And the seat stays - you should be able to have an odd number, and choose which side they're on.

Yea the broken ribs feeling the next day isnt there after driving these. Big bonus of being in a sim, but if someone misses the beating im sure you can find someone that will gladly administer the said beating.

Real setup wise back when I was driving karts I had no idea about setup and had somoene else make all changes, not sure what was possible or even if this is meant to be the same as the Rotax or another kart.

Here is a hotlap on the long track. The thing keeps you pretty busy hardly a chance to check anything on the hud.

Yea the broken ribs feeling the next day isnt there after driving these. Big bonus of being in a sim, but if someone misses the beating im sure you can find someone that will gladly administer the said beating.

Real setup wise back when I was driving karts I had no idea about setup and had somoene else make all changes, not sure what was possible or even if this is meant to be the same as the Rotax or another kart.

Here is a hotlap on the long track. The thing keeps you pretty busy hardly a chance to check anything on the hud.

Nice video! Looking forward for tomorrows event since I race karts myself. If people complain about broken ribs in the KF1 class, wait for KZ2 :p

Anyway, just a question, isn't that driver really really tall? I know people have discussed how the seat behind his back is etc. But before reading all that, on Friday I actually measured myself when sitting in a kart, for other reasons. The steering wheel is 40 or 44cm above the ground, Its one of those 2, cant really remember.. I think it was 44, and when sitting in the kart WITH a helmet on, total height, the highest point of the vehicle including the driver was 64cm above the ground. I am 170cm tall just for info. And the steering wheel is almost in front of my helmet. Of course I have a little bit special sitting position to reach very low gravity point and least drag, but I don't think I would top over 70cm anyway. The driver IN the video looks like he's over 2m tall judging by his sitting position on the external replay.

I've also analyzed a screenshot I took of the replay. There could be a chance that he's around 185 or 190 tall, but there is something wrong there. The seat looks off imo since you can see too much of his back. Looks like he's sitting on a stool and not bent like the seat. I who am 170cm, am only 20cm above the steering wheel of the kart. This guy is around 40cm by the looks of it

http://s7.postimg.org/wku5kk2fv/kart.jpg

But[/URL] hey, looking forward to the club event, gonna be a blast!

I didnt really consider it but I did move my camera position much lower then default as it seemed way too high to me when i first tried the car. Didnt really look at the driver but they did look a little odd just wasnt sure exactly what it was as i was too focused on seeing my apexes.

hahaha look at that. His groin is almost on the same horizontal line as his knees. Look at how big the area below the belt is! that's just wrong! His torso is very long hahaha.

I think ISI should have made a more appropriate driver. This guy has the legs of a 14 year old kid and upper body of a tall NBA player

@Nick Deeley : about the gearing ratio's: all the gearing ratio's are there.
But I think it would be better if we could choose the front and rear sprocket in depend. that's what you would do on a real track. :)

Yeah, choosing sprocket sizes independently would be alot better :)

Also noticed that the driving view is very high. That driver looks really odd. I reckon we should be able to choose how heavy the driver is and say where the weights should go and how much (either sides of the seat, under the seat, or in front of the fuel tank) and also choose the size of the fuel tank to use fuel as ballast - although to have all that effect the kart handling would take a bit of work I would imagine.

Apparently the karts come complete with a 158KG driver, he is pretty skinny so must be fricken tall :roflmao:

So tall he dwarfs the kart. Proportions are just a little off ;)

Im sure that if you were asked to give your real height and weight for the kart, and this would be shown graphically in game. Amazingly you would find that all those sim racers you thought you knew are all in fact 4ft midgets or 4 year old kids.

Driver weight wise could make different classes but I think in the end if people get a choice, if they are competing against others they will choose the option that gives the best lap times most likely.

I think the driver is properly proportioned its just that his pants are wrong and so his underwear isnt showing as he wishes it would seeing they are pretty much hanging around his ankles already.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%