Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

I've been looking at this in some great detail. It seems that this game simulates a differential and suspension, even though you can't see it while racing, on the replays you definitely can.

Yes it may feel great, but with a game engine that is using a differential and suspension, it can't possibly be even close to a real life handling situation, so why should anyone buy a game that promises to be something it's not?

You wouldn't pay for a fake rolex, so why pay for a fake game?

I've been looking at this in some great detail. It seems that this game simulates a differential and suspension, even though you can't see it while racing, on the replays you definitely can.

Yes it may feel great, but with a game engine that is using a differential and suspension, it can't possibly be even close to a real life handling situation, so why should anyone buy a game that promises to be something it's not?

You wouldn't pay for a fake rolex, so why pay for a fake game?

You answered your own question Alexander.
Who cares how the karting feeling is simulated as long as its there.

Beta 4 release very soon. improvements:

- separate weather and track conditions, with dynamic track surface
- gearbox code revised to have neutral between 1st and 2nd gears.
- paints directory structure revised to make installation a bit easier
- support for multiple track layouts and layout editor
- server option to force a limited number of tires for each event, and possibility to re-fit a used tyre set
- tuned dirt on visor
- limited the number of tearoffs
- shift help is now forced off when a server is set to "No Aids"
- fixed a setup copy bug
- warmup lap cannot be skipped before standing starts
- completed tire pressure simulation
- fixed "track width" setup
- idle throttle setup added
- radiator cover setup added
- added splits in dash
- tuning of jump-start sensitivity
- removed the tires' vibration at near-zero velocity
- multiple dashes support

Wanna go Karting

So maybe theres enough racers out there to set up a race. Also at the same time it would be a good test to see if the game hold up for RD racing....

So leave your name and when is a good time to race if your interested...Maybe we can set up a freindly day/night of races and testing...

thanks for the reply, im hoping once we get a few people interested the numbers will grow.
have you tried any of the downloadable tracks, do you have a favorite,
ive only just started messing with the setups to see what happens, are there any golden rules you could share, hints or tips. My knoledge is very limited with kart setups.

Ill be posting shortly about a race...

Yes, I've tried alot of them. I like Kerpen and LaConca probably the most, but for me all of them would be ok, and it's probably best to start with one of the official tracks.
Sadly I have no experience with real racing karts, so doing a good setup is alot of trial and error. For the beginning I'd suggest reducing the braking pressure, to prevent tire lockup and probably also reduce the caster value one or two clicks, which will make the kart alot less oversteering. Most of the other settings seem to be very dependant of the track and/or your driving style. If you want more tips, in the KRP forums some manuals of the real Kart chassis have been posted. They give a little inside on how the different settings influence the kart's behaviour.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%