F1 2011 Is this very good driving or...?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
If it is a video of Noble 2909 then it is for real. He plays on xbox 360 and as far as i know you can not modify the game on xbox.
I can't watch this video at work, but the image looks like it a video of Noble 2909.

Well I would say that whoever it is, he is likely to be using traction control. (I would be surprised if he isn't)

Without traction control (PC) I have to really be careful with my throttle when coming out of most of the corners where he's already floored it. Set up may make a difference, and he's certainly getting grip where I don't ....

MMmmm .... I guess that if what they are saying is true, then perhaps there is different grip levels between the platforms.

Not that I am any sort of super driver, I just know that I don't get grip like that ....... I dream of grip like that :)

Well I would say that whoever it is, he is likely to be using traction control. (I would be surprised if he isn't)

Without traction control (PC) I have to really be careful with my throttle when coming out of most of the corners where he's already floored it. Set up may make a difference, and he's certainly getting grip where I don't ....

I know the guys in our league that use no assists are consistently faster than the guys who use assists like traction control and auto gears. I switched myself mid-season and find i can be faster without the aides. Plus, it's way more fun to play :)

He is probably using a really good set-up to get that kind of grip. He will also have exceptional throttle control. I don't know what wheel he is using though.

I think you are generally correct. I think I set better times now since removing medium traction control quite a while ago, better pedals would be a help also. Probably the power is being delivered better to the wheels, rather than wasting it via traction control. (Assuming that is simulated in F1 2011?)

It's ironic really, as I just race against a few friends, and because I do quite well, my 'handicap' to them is to allow them to use medium traction control and auto-gears. It seems to me that I do even better now, so it's not really a handicap.

Yesterday I RMA'd my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel back to Logitech for a free replacement, as my down shift paddle button either doesn't respond, or double down shifts. So for the past week whilst I have been sorting it out, I have been using the manual sequential shift for F1 2011 ....... and that is fun, and challenging when trying to use KERS and DRS.

I have a new Logitech G27 coming within the next 2 days also, so I look forward to see if that makes any difference.

If the above videos are down to good set ups, then good on him, I would love to get grip/traction like he has. :)

I'm using an MS Wireless wheel setup and have broken 3 up shift paddles since switching to Manual gears in September (i didn't drop med-TCS till December i think). I'm getting very adept at changing them out LOL. I'm lucky enough to be able to find them cheaply around where i live, but would love to get something better like the Fanatec CSR.

I can't imagine using a manual seq. shift with F1 though, sometimes the gear shifts are so quick... And if i make a mistake downshifting for a corner it's quick to correct the gear while turning. I don't know how you would manage that with out the paddles.

Yeah, it's a really difficult choice trying to pick a new wheel. The DFGT was a no brainer at the time, considering the money I had available. It's a good wheel, even though it's developed a fault. I also added the Gran TurGismo paddles to the wheel, and that made the DFGT excellent to use.

I looked at the Fanatec wheels, especially the Forza Motorsport CSR, Porche 911 GT2, and Porche 911 GT3 RS v2. The Forza is way out of my range, the GT3 RS v2 was very tempting, but still pretty expensive.

I read about the G27 alignment problem due to an optical wheel that may not be secured very well, and I have read Fanatec support horror stories. This makes it even harder to choose.

So it came down to 2 things, price and support. Having just had a very good experience with Logitech support, and finding a G27 at a good price, made me go with the Logitech.

Maybe in a couple of years things will change. Hopefully Logitech will have a more up to date wheel, and Fanatec drop their prices a bit and/or improve their support.

Cheers :)

EDIT: Bugger ...... this is the second thread where I have gone off-topic and whittled on about wheels ..... Sorry chaps! :oops:

Yeah, it's a really difficult choice trying to pick a new wheel. The DFGT was a no brainer at the time, considering the money I had available. It's a good wheel, even though it's developed a fault. I also added the Gran TurGismo paddles to the wheel, and that made the DFGT excellent to use.

I looked at the Fanatec wheels, especially the Forza Motorsport CSR, Porche 911 GT2, and Porche 911 GT3 RS v2. The Forza is way out of my range, the GT3 RS v2 was very tempting, but still pretty expensive.

I read about the G27 alignment problem due to an optical wheel that may not be secured very well, and I have read Fanatec support horror stories. This makes it even harder to choose.

So it came down to 2 things, price and support. Having just had a very good experience with Logitech support, and finding a G27 at a good price, made me go with the Logitech.

Maybe in a couple of years things will change. Hopefully Logitech will have a more up to date wheel, and Fanatec drop their prices a bit and/or improve their support.

Cheers :)

EDIT: Bugger ...... this is the second thread where I have gone off-topic and whittled on about wheels ..... Sorry chaps! :oops:

I think later batch 27's dont suffer with the alignment issue. Mine is over a year old, used a lot and its fine. Then again, I dont run stupid amounts of effects, just 107% in the profiler and 60% FFB in-game. Environmental turned off and low wheel weight. I think you are more likely to get issues if you like to wrestle the wheel and get an upper-body workout when you drive.

Going back onto topic, its possible the guy is using the 11/11 bug to enhance his obviously great skills, and I say that purely because the car literally looks on rails, but sadly there are folks out there who seem to be able to drive like that, so good on them.

I think later batch 27's dont suffer with the alignment issue. Mine is over a year old, used a lot and its fine. Then again, I dont run stupid amounts of effects, just 107% in the profiler and 60% FFB in-game. Environmental turned off and low wheel weight. I think you are more likely to get issues if you like to wrestle the wheel and get an upper-body workout when you drive.

With luck Logitech did fix it in later batches, it would be nice if they mentioned it in their forum. Having said that, and having gone through the G27 thread in advance of it's arrival, I will no doubt be using similar settings as you. I don't like heavy wheels, I just like to feel a 'connection' to the track. I might NEED an upper body workout (... and the rest!), but I don't want the wheel to give me one ;)

Didn't they fix the 11-11 issue in the patch on all platforms, I thought they did?

I have not raced the guy in question or know him personally but he does use no assists, he has
a great set up which is quite similar to 11-11 in terms of performance.

I have used this set up and found myself to be on average 2-3 seconds a lap quicker although
i still cant get on the throttle as early as him :(

That's insane. I think it has to do with his rapid downshifting and the setup. Funny, I thought I raced with some of the fastest people on the Xbox, and all of our quali times for Brazil are in the low 1:08 range. How this guy chops over two seconds off that is beyond me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back