Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Q: Can I access the open beta of Simracing.GP?
A: Yes, see here how to join: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-club-races-are-back.189354/

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

although i've been a member here since almost a year ago, but i never properly introduce myself and appearing like a ninja :D
my name is Henky Saputro Aji, just call me Henky. from Bandung, Indonesia.
been playing Codies F1 series, rFactor, Gran Turismo series and Assetto Corsa and also currently active as Codies F1 2013 skinner here (and planning to work on Assetto Corsa skins). big thanks to all the skinners and members here who kindly give a lesson, advice and everything to help me reach a new knowledge and makes me feel like this site is my 2nd home ;)

currently i'm 22 years old. i'm Informatics Management student at some university. have been watching F1 since 2000 when i was 11 years old, great memories watching battle between Hakkinen and Schumi there.

apart of studying, i also a part-time worker in some hospital in my country as IT Support there. my hobby is watching anime as you see on my avatar. also enjoying music, playing guitar, and reading manga although sim-racing is my hobby too.
glad to know and to be a member this great site and nice too meet and know you :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm Travis Wilber, I'm new to the site, but not new to sims. I've been racing in various sims off and on for about 2 years now. My favorite being Live for Speed, where I've finished as high as 5th in the standings in the Formula M Championship. I've also enjoyed 112 wins and 382 podiums. Now that LFS is finally starting to show its age, Assetto Corsa seems to be the perfect replacement for down the road. It has a feel about it that I've only had in LFS before, which is a huge plus considering how much I've enjoyed LFS.

My current Sim-Arsenal consists of Simraceway (though I haven't played it in months), Live for Speed, NetKar PRO, NR2003, and now Assetto Corsa. I spent a brief spell playing iRacing through a free trial, and would like to get back into it once I have the money.

I'm 15 years old, living in San Antonio, Texas. Currently being homeschooled, as I have since grade 1. I'm a die-hard fan of NASCAR, with varying interest in most all motorsports. I don't have many other hobbies than Sim-Racing, but I do enjoy 3D modelling. I've spent the last 4 years creating content for Rigs of Rods, a real-time soft-body vehicle simulator.

My career will most likely be something in the realm of what I've been doing in Blender, but not as a first choice. What I'd really love to do with my life is race full time, though I'm not sure what series would be best for me. I haven't had any opportunities to race up to this point, and my mother has increasing concerns about my safety if I were to race. I've tried and tried to convince her I'd be ok, and that it's not as dangerous as she thinks, to no avail of course. So I can't count that as a possibility, given the previous statements, along with the fact I'm already 15. I feel like to have a real chance at being successful you have to start at a fairly young age, let it become second nature. History somewhat backs up that theory, when you look at the legends of racing.

With that said, I'm happy to be here, and I hope to have some great times with you guys!

Hi everybody,

wow, just found this thread seconds ago.
A short intro:
Been a registred member since last August (just to load F1 2012 mods :). Actively posting since a week or so. I've been engaged in racing games for 15 years now; started with Gran Turismo 1, had 2, 3 and 4; various other Formula games on PS1 and PS2; up to F1 2012 with now 526 hours played of that one and landed at the moment at AC.
Have a good knowledge of car setups, driving techniques, strategy, etc.
Currently I'm occupied with studying Physics at University. Other Interests include (classical) music, american politics, riding bycicles semi-professionally, playing the piano, Pc-hardware and science-fiction (-shows).

See you all at the forums,
George

I think it is time to re-introduce myself.
For my old intro see this post :)

I hope there are still some fellow simracers remembering me. After two years of hiding in the shadows of sim-racing i am planning to race again on a regular base.

Nowadays I am stock old with 43yrs, still married and now 3 kids (4/7/10). The oldest has his own G25 wheel and hopefully he will be sim-racing enthousiastic in the future too.

For this moment I hope to race in Assetto Corsa once the multiplay is released. And i like to pick up some formula trucks and Game stock car.

See you around!

I think it is time to re-introduce myself.
For my old intro see this post :)

I hope there are still some fellow simracers remembering me. After two years of hiding in the shadows of sim-racing i am planning to race again on a regular base.

Nowadays I am stock old with 43yrs, still married and now 3 kids (4/7/10). The oldest has his own G25 wheel and hopefully he will be sim-racing enthousiastic in the future too.

For this moment I hope to race in Assetto Corsa once the multiplay is released. And i like to pick up some formula trucks and Game stock car.

See you around!

Welcome back! I've heard quite a bit about you. You inspire me to give it my all in sims. I find your setup guide useful.

Hi all, I signed up back in 2009 to grab some files I needed for the HistorX league and have filched a tonne more files since. I will probably have to get Premium on principle, I owe it to RD!

I'm 37 and live in Tasmania, Australia. I'm an avid simmer, fully conversant with the DCS, IL-2 and RoF flight sims, get into hardcore tactical ArmA with Combat Team Bravo (part of the Australian Battle Group), but equally spend a lot of time playing all sorts of other genres and titles (my triple screen PC has an xbox and ps3 plugged into the left and right), and somewhere I find time to hang out with my lovely wife and our two year old son!

I use a G25 & Track IR for racing and my favourite title has to be iRacing because the online is always packed (well, except for the empty Lotus 49 race last night) and because of the excellent Safety Rating system (always a contentious opinion). I'm a little bit in love with PCars and Assetto Corsa is growing on me. The only other driving sim I'm into atm is Euro Truck Sim 2 :D

To give you an idea of my leanings, I play the Codies F1 series on minimum 50% distance, no HUD, no Rewinds, no assists, cockpit view and legendary AI. To me, that is as sim as it gets which I'm sure will be a fun conversation with people who feel otherwise! Oh, and my best placing on that setting was 3rd at Valenica... my hardest fought podium in a game outside of my small handful of iRacing wins.

I've finally signed up to become a licensed member because my friends cannot keep up with my rapacious need to race when I want to race... I'm really hoping the RD teamspeak is lively during Australian evenings!

oh yeah, last thing... I type a lot :)

Last edited:
I joined a couple of days ago and thought i would say hello and what a great site this is, ive been racing a few years now on Forza 4 and 5 but after a few replacements of the xbox one i gave it best and decided to give Assetto Corsa a go which im enjoying muchly

Hope to race a few of you soon

cheers

Hello guys/girls I'm quite new to racings sim's hence why I joined Race department for help and guidance and some close quarters racing. I lurked this website for a while then thought why not join up! I drive rfactor 2 mostly currently trying to learn about setting up the cars.. as I'm becoming very consistent with my lap times. I am 21 and very relaxed and open minded and a hard worker hehe.

Feels great to be apart of this community.

Hello guys/girls I'm quite new to racings sim's hence why I joined Race department for help and guidance and some close quarters racing. I lurked this website for a while then thought why not join up! I drive rfactor 2 mostly currently trying to learn about setting up the cars.. as I'm becoming very consistent with my lap times. I am 21 and very relaxed and open minded and a hard worker hehe.

Feels great to be apart of this community.

Welcome to RaceDepartment! We will help you get to your potential when you need it most.

Be respectful and considerate of others and you'll fit in well. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back