In game MOTEC HUD?

Hi everyone,

Ive just upgraded my RACE install with RACE Injection. Can you tell me if there is any kind of mod that shows tyre temps, brake temps etc on the HUD.... like a MOTEC plugin?

Takatec was designed for a small 7" screen and does ok, but I have no idea if he keeps up to date with the software now. I believe the person who designed it was doing it as a project for school or something.

Takatec was designed for a small 7" screen and does ok, but I have no idea if he keeps up to date with the software now. I believe the person who designed it was doing it as a project for school or something.

Looking at the site, the last update was November last year after the v1.2.1.10 update. It should work as the recent RO patch did not affect the game's version number or modify the exe.

Which of the Motec's is the most similar to what the EA F1 sim's used for telemetry, with the ability to compare laps?

Without knowing what EA has, i would say that RealTime Telemetry or MotecAdd but they both require a second monitor. I use RTT with 17" monitor that's released some smoke already.. When that finally breaks, i can get a replacement for 5€ from eco-center (a place that recycles stuff..). But i think i'll invest a bit more and get 17" LCD for 30€... Those secondhand monitors really are cheap. Check for driftstores, recycling centers or if there's an office renovation nearby, you can just find them in thrash. And don't worry about where to connect it, i would say that 99,99% of modern graphic cards has at least two outputs.

Office renovations are very good sources for different DIY projects, they basically throw everything out no matter if it was purchased one month before..

EDIT: BTW, if you go ingame to Timing screen and right-click a player name, it shows all the lap times from every lap...

EA would store all the data from laps and in the garage you would call up telemetry, it would actually go out of the sim to the program where you could pick the laps to view and see info on engine, chassis, tires and car on track data so you could make decisions on car and driving changes. I'll reload the game and see if I can get some screenshots.

No need to, i get what you mean. For that purpose i use MoTec i2 Pro, the game outputs suitable telemetry for it. i2 Pro is free to use for this purpose so we get one of the best programs in the market (it's very expensive if used with data gathering modules in real life...)

You need to make a few changes to your .PLR file, located in Documents\SimBin\Race07\Userdata\[player name]:

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="E:\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps[steam_username]\race 07\MoTec"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

That's a copy of mine, SteamUser masked of course... Check those marked red and change them to fit your needs. EDIT: You need to create a folder where the telemetry-files will be saved, it's not autogenerated. I use "MoTec" named folder but it can have any name you want..

Kennett, I installed MoTec last night, it took me forever to figure out the differences between your install of Race07 and mine. I had tried an install when I first got Race but never got it working, thanks for the help. My lines ended up as:
Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SimBin\race 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Program Files\SteamGTR\SteamApps\mysteamname\race 07\MoTec"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

I think I had to add the folder "MoTec" in Race07 and had done it a long time ago.
And now I know why I've not installed it previously, I won't be able to spend any time driving anymore, I'll be learning this tool and refering to it's displays! :eek:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.8%