I found Brendon, and he's still active in another forum.

I have been following him around for a while now.

Hes active in one forum and logs in pretty much every day.

I use a few different names but I share comments with him on topics that he has either posted or commented on.

I have not raised the topic of BTB just in case it spooks him and he vanishes or pops up again with a different alias.

I know that its him......I looked way back deep into his posting history and I found comments that he makes back in 2007 about his software that hes developing.

Its not rocket science, it was just abit of good luck that i stumbled across this guy.

Hes even using his name in his username.....And hes been an active poster since 2005 and still posting today?

I'm really surprised that no one has come across this information before and posted it in here.

Or maybe your not allowed to post links to other sites?

I can't speak for others, but I've never found any activity from him. However I did find what seems to be his main email address.

Sharing such information is a delicate issue though. A lot of people who've had trouble with BTB's licensing system are very annoyed, which is understandable. The problem is that people may say regrettable things when angry, so I won't be making it public. I have let a couple of people know because they both seemed calm, though I don't know if anything came of it.

Well i hope he will take some responsibility soon as I am getting sick to read emails that we receive on our support email address of RaceDepartment containing rant (or sometimes even worse) about BTB and its licenses.

Wish people understood that we dont make this software or even get anything from it and directed their anger to the person / company it concerns. I have done my best over the years to help people out as good as I can in my spare time but I am not even going to bother anymore from now on if the OP is right.

Well i hope he will take some responsibility soon as I am getting sick to read emails that we receive on our support email address of RaceDepartment containing rant (or sometimes even worse) about BTB and its licenses.

Wish people understood that we dont make this software or even get anything from it and directed their anger to the person / company it concerns. I have done my best over the years to help people out as good as I can in my spare time but I am not even going to bother anymore from now on if the OP is right.

What...people be reasonable? Come on now bram....
:roflmao:

Hmmm, seems a bit sus to me! >.>

I've been inactive for a fair bit... So, it seems there's a bit of anger floating around about licenses; in a nutshell, what's all that about? I mean in a nutshell, like, four lines or so, not looking for a novel, unless you really want to write one, lol!

Got it, thanks for the info. Well, I sincerely hope folks can get their copies working; it seems pretty bad business practise to me, when you've got a load of people who've paid for a product that's faulty and they don't have anywhere to go for help. >.>

Excuse me Brendon,

The fact that you have been online in another forum is not rubbish,
Its the truth and you just confirmed it.

I saw you active in the whirlpool forums and thought I would mention it. Because NOBODY knew where you were.

It seemed you were more interested in chatting over there than doing the right thing and supporting your software and communicating with people in here.

From the very begining this racedepartment fourm has always supported you and your software.

You have a LOYAL following of paying customers that are always pleading and begging for help.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUM for bobs track builder as it is stated on your website and your software.

How dare you just ignore these people for so long.

Twice you have vanished for a long time without a word.

There is NO EXCUSE why you couldnt have stayed in touch with this site.

You have got people by the balls and they dont like it.

I do not post or log into Whirlpool on a daily basis. Years ago I spent many months debating climate change. Having learnt a lot about climate denialists and their usual repetitive myths, I became quite good at debating their usual crap. Judging by the number of posts you have made in this forum it seems you have been on the receiving end, hence your attempt to troll here.

But you should know by now I am a very strong willed person; I'll spend my time how I see fit, and I'm not answerable to the likes of you.

That said I will continue, for now, to attempt to further BTB progress and hopefully offer official support for other versions of windows; despite people like yourself.

Good to hear news from brendon. I hope he finds the way to protect his work from hackers and releases a new version of BTB with enhanced features. For me it is the best software for creating tracks. It is a shame he didn't get support from isi and other sim companies with this masterpiece of software.

Trying to be constructive i would suggest to introduce an online checking at every export that could not be bugged by hackers. Maybe the scn file could be encrypted and only decrypted with on online tool as the btb licensing itself. The encrypted scn would be linked to user and hence not working for non updated licenses. Iam not a programmer and if what i said is stupid forgive me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%