How to… FSR 2012

This is our guide to help everyone who wants to participate in FSR to find it´s way around the labyrinth of this forum.

Make sure you have all Informations you need before you can make any decision to take part in FSR.

1. Calendar

2. divisions and racetimes

FSR consists of 3 divisions arranged for different driverskills.

- World Championship (racetime: Sunday 16:00 GMT)
The highest category inside FSR, only for the best of the best. Teams are limited to 13, and currently only one spot for a team is open.
Naturally no driving aids allowed here.

- World Series (racetime: Saturday 20:00 GMT)
The sub World Championship category for advanced drivers who want to fight against strong competition. Entries are unlimited, but only the 26 fastest get to race (which will be determined in a Pre Qualifying Session before each race).
Auto Clutch is allowed here.

- World Trophy (racetime: Saturday 14:00 GMT)
The entry level category of FSR for new, unexperienced drivers. Nevertheless with a good level of competition. Entries are unlimited, but only the 26 fastest get to race (which will be determined in a Pre Qualifying Session before each race).
Tractioncontrol, Anti-Lock-Brakes and Auto Clutch are allowed, but Tractioncontrol and Anti-Lock-Brakes come with a small weight penalty.

3. Costs

Every driver and every team have to pay a small license fee to be allowed to participate in the FSR 2012 season. The prices are as follows:

World Championship
Driverlicense: 25€ , 3 Race license: 15€
Teamlicense on loan for 1 year: full

World Series
Driverlicense: 13€ , 3 Race license: 8€
Teamlicense: 7€

World Trophy
Driverlicense: 7€ , 3 Race license: 5€
Teamlicense: 5€

Now that you have all information, and after you determined which division is the one for you, you have to go to the next task: find a seat to race in.
The easiest way for you is to try and join an existing team, as in general there are always teams looking for new drivers to add to their roosters.

To check for open seats or present yourself as a candidate, make sure to go into our "FSR Team & Driver Opportunities" Section.

Alternatively you can start your own team in FSR, and you wont have to worry about finding a place in another team.

Registering in FSR as a driver

There are a few simple steps you have to follow to register yourself in FSR.

1. Register at the FSR GPCos system

2. Once you are registered and your account has been validated (please be patient, it can take 1 or 2 days to validate all the incoming account) log into your account, and in your "Personal Control Center" click on "Start driving" Select the team you will drive for and add the request.
Now your team manager just has to accept the request and you are good to go.

3. Allocation process for each race.
There is the need to allocate for each race you drive in FSR, so the admins can know how many drivers will turn up to the Pre Qualifying.

To allocate for a race, log into your GPCos account, and at the bottom of your "Personal Control Center" you will see the Leagues you drive in and in which team you are driving. Below is the button "Maintain driver allocations", click on it, make sure you select the correct event (it´s important you allocate for the right event, else you might not be allowed to participate) and Allocation status and click on "Add allocation".

Repeat this procedure before each race. Make sure you do it before the deadline, which is specified in the rulebook for your category.

Registering your team in FSR

1. Register at the FSR GPCos system

2. Once you are registered and your account has been validated (please be patient, it can take 1 or 2 days to validate all the incoming account) log into your account, and in your "Personal Control Center" click on "Start managing a team" and enter all required data. ( a little sidenote, it´s preferred if you also choose a "Team background color" and "Team foreground color" as these are the colors showing the Numbers in the List of Teams and Drivers.)

Once your team has been validated by the admins (please be patient here as well) You will see a new area in your "Personal Control Center" called "Team owner options" There you have to click on "Maintain team requests for leagues" and Add the requests for the divisions you want to participate in with your team.

These request will only be validated once the needed license fees are paid.

As a team in the World Series and World Trophy, you have to pay the licenses, for each team at once, (teamlicense plus driverlicenses). To learn the exact procedure please visit this page: Registration Instructions

Once you paid the Licenses your teamrequest to the division will be accepted and your drivers can request their spot in the team.

Preparing your cars

So now that you have the drivers lined up in your team, you have to prepare your cars.

The first thing you need is the Mod to be able to see the cars ingame and the templates.

A small minimod including the cars which will be used this year will be released soon.

The templates can be downloaded here: http://www.formula-simracing.net/downloads/FSR_2012_templates.zip
The helmet templates can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ii9gp7zt9jsmab

If you want to use any FSR or Partnerlogos you can download them here: http://formula-simracing.net/downloads/FSR 2012 Logo Pack v1.1.zip

General rules to the DDS Files

1- Save all your car texture files in .dds (car, helmets and driver suits)
1.1- Save the cartextures and the helmet in DXT5 alpha format and suits in DXT1 no alpha format
1.2- Save with Generate Mip maps
1.3- Keep the original file resolution (from the ingame files)

Name of the vehicle file

The vehicle file has to be placed inside the carfolder like in the betamod

Categoryabbreviation_Carnumber_Teamabbreviation

Categoryabbreviation:
WC for World Championship
WS for World Series
WT for World Trophy

The Carnumber and Teamabbreviation will be given to you after your registration.
Check this Thread for it: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...st-including-numbers-and-abbreviations.48267/

Example: WC_01_PM.veh

Vehicle folder

The Vehicle Folder has to be placed in the folder for the respective category and be named like the Teamabbreviation. The textures for both cars of one team will go in it.

Vehicle file

Example for the default Livery line the basic dds file follows the same name scheme as the Vehicle file:
DefaultLivery="World Championship/PM/WC_01_PM.DDS"

The teamname in the line "Team="Teamname" has to contain the Categoryabbreviation at the end except for the World Championship division. This has to be followed to ensure the teams are listed correctly in the game.

The Classes line has to be the following
Classes="FSR2012"

The Category has to be in the following format:
Category="Formula Simracing 2012,World Championship (or World Series, or World Trophy)"

For the detailed instructions for each car please check this thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/templates-and-painting-instructions.24039/

Filestructure

Make sure to send your files in the correct filestructure, to make adding them to the Mod easier.

Start your structure from inside the Folder "Gamedata/Vehicles/FSR2012/2012/Teams"

Send your files to the following email adress: fsrmod2011@googlemail.com

The deadline for cars being included for the first race is the 1st April

Johannes Hi, one of the files prob got corrupt during install when I got a disco.. pls help..
file in Q. PITDRWR, only goes into error when trying to load the Hungarion track in the game, all other tracks load just fine.
thx Paulo..//

Guys I dont want to be controversial but I need to bring to your attention the confusion I have faced navigating the above instructions.
Under "Registering as a driver" I followed the instuctions as laid out in point #1. No progress. I posted a note and was advised by a well meaning driver to be patient.
3 weeks later I got the impression that somewhere I should have paid some money at that stage.
However the payment contact and information only appears as the second last paragraph of the "Registering Your team" section way down the page.

May I respectfully suggest that you insert the words "and pay your fees" next to the instruction #1 and provide the link as otherwise the uninitiated (like me) wont know payment is expected at that point or where to pay. Simple enough when you know but as its laid out is is not mentioned and I guess thats what the "How To" is all about.
I have today paid my 18 euro and hope something happen.
Looking fwd to racing
Thanks

Can someone specify the cost for a whole season, for all categories. I need these info for future plans.
Maybe David has the answer for me, but if you don`t know if the price will be the same like this year or not, then put the 2012 prices for reference.

Thank you.

Can someone specify the cost for a whole season, for all categories. I need these info for future plans.
Maybe David has the answer for me, but if you don`t know if the price will be the same like this year or not, then put the 2012 prices for reference.

Thank you.

The driver's license cost at the start of the season was 60€ for WC license, 25€ for WS and 12€ for WT.

Next year... no idea.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years