How do I find the BTB files in the download section?

Title pretty much says it all, I can't find the BTB section in downloads any more, there's just no option there for it.
I was going to upload a bunch of video tutorials Ive amassed over time along with a bunch of Xpacks.
Can anyone please help?

Hey Lee,

The BTB files are in the old deprecated downloads manager. Since we have our final one installed we are not using the old one anymore.

However these files can still be accessed for some time as announced here: http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/03/sim-racing-resource-manager-released/

Do you need a new section created for BTB Xpack files? Just let me know what you need and ill add it in the new resource manager.

Old ones can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/34/viewcat

The "microdownloads" system we used was to bridge the gap towards the "resource manager" that we are currently using. Although they look similar the whole architecture and backend is totally different and much more powerful. Its the main reason we switched to xenforo back in 2011 but as the development of the RM had a major setback we had to buy/create that temporary solution to bridge the gap.

The current software is fully compatible with the forum software and is here to stay forever :)

Cool, well if there's a time limit until the (not-so) old (lol) section & if you don't mind, could we have another BTB section at some stage please?
If & when it's up I'll download all the previous files & upload them to the new one.
But like I said, if the old section is destined to disappear eventually & you don't mind spending the time, otherwise we can keep using the old one & just post a link to it in the BTB Forums... ;)

The old one (microdownloads) will defenitely go this year. The new one (Resource Manager) will be the one that will stay at RD forever.

Which kind of section would you like to see for BTB apart from the xpacks. A tutorial/guides section? Anything else?

That's all I can think of, if it is to have sub folders that is...
Maybe a Miscellaneous or Other Programs Folder too, for things like 3D Route Builder/Lofty, Google SketchUp6 & ISI's AIW/CAM's editor & other assorted little programs folks use...
It'll be good to have one solid central repository again as they're currently spread between a couple main 'stores' & it's getting hard to find some stuff that used to be on the original list...
Thanks for the time & trouble to get this back again:thumbsup:

Bram Hengeveld
Just swung by Downloads section to check out new BTB repository...
Have you been busy & it's still to be done or am I missing something to find my way there?
It's all good if you've been busy, I understand that ;)
It's just that I had some spare time & bytes to be doing uploads with but couldn't find it in the tree.. (4RAR's of tutorials & 3helpful proggies)

Downloads
Categories

1. Assetto Corsa 4
  2. F1 2012 The Game 178
  3. Formula Truck 9
  4. Game Stock Car 2012 7
  5. GRID 2 0
  6. GT Legends 24
  7. MotoGP 13 0
  8. RACE 07 8
  9. rFactor 2 33
Anyway, thanks for your time again,
BLeeK

When you say problems Bram does that mean that the rest of us would no longer be able to upload &/or download from a BTB download section or that a BTB section can not be created?
It's not so much the loss of the old data that's a problem as there is a few of us that have 'backed-up' what is on the temporary section, it's more about finding somewhere to upload all these Xpacks & tutorials that's in one repository rather than across half a dozen or more of community members private file servers...
It's a bit of a pain trying to find Xpacks e.t.c that you know exist when we have to ask around & hope that those storing them eventually read the messages somewhere...
Besides, RD IS BTB's 'spiritual home... ;)
Thanks for your time again @Bram Hengeveld

PS
If possible to create a BTB download section all we'd really need is a BTB main folder with an option on 3 sub folders of XPacks, Tutorials & Miscellaneous (or 'Misc').
Thanks again :cool:
PSS, the 'Micro Download' link no longer works either :(

Sorry was away for two days so couldnt respond sooner.

I can temporary switch on the old downloads section (called microdownloads) and let you download whatever BTB files you need.

And sure we can also create a Bobs Track Builder section again in the new Resource Manager but then it would be nice if people actually released some tracks as well there.

For which games is BTB currently most used?

Welcome back Bram :)
BTB is mainly being used for rFactor, RBR & the SimBin tittles...
Although it would be great to upload released tracks here, there are already other release points available for them, but if you wanted to make that option available again then Im sure no-one will complain...
I think what the BTB community mainly needs is somewhere to upload/download Xpacks, Tutorials & Miscellaneous extra programs that get used in conjunction with BTB- such as the older SketchUp6, 3D Route Builder, ISI AIW/CAM Editor e.t.c
As for the BTB micro downloads, if you want to turn it back on briefly at some stage, shoot me a PM & I'll race through it & make sure I have everything that was there for re-uploading at a future point in time & then PM you back or something.
Thanks again for your time & all your help with this :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years