Released Hondsrugring

How long is the very long straight Erwin :D? Seems it will be possible to develop incredible straight line speed there, poor marshals that are working in the next right corner.

@Erwin Greven

I ALways ballence the colors and light in photoshop , unpack the Xpack, and open the files in PS, then save as DDs again, and addit to the folder it came from, and back into the RARed xpack, then you have a changed colored textures..

Many of the textures in the BTB libary/Xpacks, is often very strong colored, and to me that's all to much, it removes the details for realistic view, but again it all depends on the visuel experience you want to happen in your track..

Ex: from my first BTB Track project: IdyllischeStrasse..

It's still on a test basis (Collecting texture and ideas) so in Construction.

l_52e1324346174e03aa319bf9f5cb843c.jpg

l_045b235b0903466d9fa2215662e04dae.jpg

l_a5dfdf4a3a024ce995efadf4a1455d83.jpg

l_a25a00b1413f4039a5bd793719901015.jpg

some older ones with tarmac, I will make a mix or 2 seperat version, i'm still a novice with BTB, so I could have said to much already hehe

l_f52bf2e541fe4f2eaef7df50eb6f3570.jpg

index.cfm

l_cb63cfece8a044eebd373e5e94bf6f41.jpg

the project sheet.
l_da49d72fe5594c7b9e7c702c9ee7bc8b.jpg

If you need some help understanding the process, please tell me, then i will help as much as i can, I for one needs lots of help on my way..:p

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T.com

ps. one of the worst thing when creating tracks for RBR, is that you can't get shadows from the Veggies and stuff, so Hmm more creativity is needed, same goes for the Camera doesn't work, or I am still with out the knowledge to make it work hehe..

index.cfm

Thanks! I could use some help with the track.
My first priority is getting the basic track down. That means getting the track surfaces right, the armco, the height levels and the close TSO's

When i have build around the whole track the armco, signs and trees, i will upload it on a server. Then you can download the track and give advice, or help me build this track to a monster.

You got your self a deal Erwin :) just my thoughts as well..
you can always throw me a pm, when your are ready..

keep up the great spirit M8

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T

I have uploaded the track as it is now. It is not finished yet. I uploaded it as a backup for when my HD would crash.

Progress update:
I made the track 8.8m wide.
Basicaly the track is finished from Buinerveen till Drouwen. I am working now at parts between Drouwen and Gasselternijveen. Also the work at Gasselternijveen it self has started.

small update: i have started the works at this track again. I needed a break after 4 months of work. Also i discovered sketchup, although i don't know if it is a usefull program when it comes to building structures like houses for BTB.

I am uploading now a full lap on this circuit. The setup of the BMW F1 car is a basic one.

Also you will notice a problem i have after exporting the track to rFactor. Somehow the horizon won't refresh very quickly and the trees and so on are very blurry. Is there a sollution for this?

Cobble roads.

I use some cobbles roads in my track.

Now i want to know if there is a way to smooth them a bit more. They are very rough to drive on, while the real roads are very smooth compared to them.

• Andrew Evans

I use some cobbles roads in my track.

Now i want to know if there is a way to smooth them a bit more. They are very rough to drive on, while the real roads are very smooth compared to them.

have you actually tweaked the surface properties to give a cobbled feel to the road?

(i can imagine that might be nightmarish to drive on)

if so, you could try smoothing it out a bit and using a different material name for the track surface there.... i can't remember the details off the top of my head - but changing the road material prefix to broad - (no idea what the real names are) could give you the effect you desire... :wink:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back