HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
As you have to manage you engine in this sim a XD style hud with engine health is what we use
this was suggested and tested and as a group most of us are using it.

For rFactor i use GID v1.1.4 really good:thumbsup:
Thanks to Davy Vandevenne who pointed us in the direction Click ME

We had a couple of issues that some had no engine health But thanks to an observant member Roland Warmenhoven:thumbsup:
he got it working . something to do with the version of the exe and the hud needs the previous one.
Ths sim still runs and works ok .
So if you use the HUD and have no engine health you need to use this .exe
replace the rFacotr.exe with this one Click ME

Last edited:
As you have to manage you engine in this sim a XD style hud with engine health is what we use
this was suggested and tested and as a group most of us are using it.

Cheaters! Just blow your engine and take it like a man :D.
I use this very sophisticated technique to preserve the engine: Step on the gas and hope for the best.

But jokes aside, i for myself prefer to drive old cars as authentic as possible (cockpit, H-shift, no electronic helpers), i'd love to see something like in power & glory, where a guy holds up a board on the finish straight with your position and gaps, so we could turn off the hud completely :thumbsup:.

Wow what a night of fun,
thanks to all that showed up , i was ever so surprised id found my feet in the big muscle cars..
putting in some great laps with Jarek.. i was keeping up..:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
love the drifting feel when pushing these big monsters..

wow wow and double wow :)

Cheaters! Just blow your engine and take it like a man :D.
I use this very sophisticated technique to preserve the engine: Step on the gas and hope for the best.

But jokes aside, i for myself prefer to drive old cars as authentic as possible (cockpit, H-shift, no electronic helpers),.

Yep, I'm similar. I've been doing my testing by looking only at the oil & water temps, they usually let me know when I'm overstressing things. I haven't seen a real car yet (or at least an oldie) with a HUD giving me engine life remaining. :p But I might just look into this HUD mod. ;)

BTW, even in GTL, you can destroy an engine. I managed to blow up my Mini engine this morning in spectacular fashion. Rupe is still cleaning the soot off his Mini. :laugh:

I was on earlier, but every time I tried to escape to the pits, the game crashed :mad::(.

Just did a complete fresh reinstall from rF lite, and now trying to get all the configurating done.

I was on earlier, but every time I tried to escape to the pits, the game crashed :mad::(.

Just did a complete fresh reinstall from rF lite, and now trying to get all the configurating done.

I had the same issue.

Apparently if you edit the /Plugins/GrindingTranny.ini file and set PluginActive=0 then the game CTD when you press ESC to exit the session.

To prevent this, if you want to disable the grinding tranny mod just move the Grinding Tranny .dll and .ini files out of "plugins" (you can create a new folder just there and put them inside, or may be pack them into a .zip and then delete the files).

I had the same issue.

Apparently if you edit the /Plugins/GrindingTranny.ini file and set PluginActive=0 then the game CTD when you press ESC to exit the session.

To prevent this, if you want to disable the grinding tranny mod just move the Grinding Tranny .dll and .ini files out of "plugins" (you can create a new folder just there and put them inside, or may be pack them into a .zip and then delete the files).
THANK YOU SO MUCH! That was driving me nuts :O_o::O_o::O_o:
As I don't (and will never) use the shifter, the grinding tranny (aka Jack's sister-GTL guys know what I mean :whistling:) will never be used.

Wow what a night of fun,
thanks to all that showed up , i was ever so surprised id found my feet in the big muscle cars..
putting in some great laps with Jarek.. i was keeping up..:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
love the drifting feel when pushing these big monsters..

wow wow and double wow :)

Great fun yesterday, i was barely keeping up at first but that's fine as i love the taillights of that Challenger ;).

Wow, I don't think I've ever blown an engine accidentally in this mod, even with the 4 cylinders :p

I guess you didn't take a Simca Rallye 1300 up Pikes Peak then :D.

Today I'm home all day, girlfriend went to work a minute ago so i'll be hanging around a lot in that lobby of yours, El Rupinho.

After running round Bathurst offline in a few cars big & small, I love it :D The cars do drift easier than in GTL, but they still bite hard when you push too much. I love the crisper graphics too. The only down point is the "sinking sand"-off the track means out of the race!
The FFB is great too.

I guess you didn't take a Simca Rallye 1300 up Pikes Peak then :D.
Are the gearings too short ? Because under normal circumstances there really is no issues :)

The cars do drift easier than in GTL, but they still bite hard when you push too much.
That's something I always disliked in Simbin games. The transition to oversteer wasn't smooth, it felt like it was switching to a secondary set of physics.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 236 13.5%