Guess the Bird

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Mike Sterckx, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu Off Topic Moderator Licensed

sorry posted twice.
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Bridget Bardot?
  3. You know your birds! :wink:
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

5. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx Licensed

vanessa marcil

Hmmmm. Google launched this thing where you can use a picture to search the internet rather then typing something. I tried it with hiroshi's picture and got instant result. Nice technology but it ruins this game lol.
  6. Hiroshi Awazu

Great! well' there goes all our games that require picture identity then right? :frown: how new is this? and do a lot of people know about this? I didn't.
  7. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx Licensed

Pretty new i suppose. I'm gonna do some tests by cropping the image and changing the hue to see if google still detects it.
  8. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx Licensed

Ok the tests didn't work out so well. I first cropped the image but that did not fool google. Even when i cropped it so it just showed her ass(Hiroshi's picture) google still detected it. Then i changed the hue so she looked like a smurf. That didn't fool google either. Even blurring the picture did not work. A powerful tool indeed.
  9. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx Licensed

search by image

10. Geez, I never bothered to click on that camera icon before to see what it did. Thanks…
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  11. Ondrej Kapal

Ondrej Kapal Licensed

i tried it but I cant find where this tool is so, its no use for me - fortunately? :D
  12. What browser are you using? Works no problem with Firefox.

I finally managed to prevent Google from finding other sources of the images I posted by flipping it horizontally, but there is always a chance it could have been flipped by other users.
  13. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins Licensed

Just change the size a tiny bit, I guess the main thing it searches by is 'Match Size and Ratio' then after that maybe something like 'Match Colour Palette'
  14. Hiroshi Awazu

Guys, what's the next plan for a game? this one is pretty much done now. Just when i finally figure out at least how to post links to pics and get into game too! :frown:
  15. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins Licensed

16. I might have a solution for all these types of games if I or someone else can find a suitable online watermark generator. Or some dirt simple tool anyone can use. Text logos won’t do. Color pattern overlays make recognition near impossible for Google.
    The more complex, the harder it is to correct the image as well.
  17. James Chant

James Chant Licensed

^ I can confirm that this technique worls
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.