GTR evo cars physics

• Thread starter Norbert Rebelski
  • Start date
N

Norbert Rebelski

• Norbert Rebelski

Don't you think guys that the physics of all new cars that came in gtr evo are a little dumbed down. (WTCC cars, caterham seem still to be ok)

I mean especially under breaking, with Race 07 cars you had to be carefull when applying the brake while turning. If you pushed the brake too much, then the car oversteered.
In gtr evo cars you could put the brick on your brake pedal and and there is no oversteer under breaking in a corner, as there was some braking stability system.

I miss it alot maybe because thats my style to point the nose of the car to the corner with help of the brake. I like to drive the car using its weight distribution as it helps me to turn the car and change directions.

On the other hand, theese cars seem to be ok while applying throttle, you have to be careful while doing that.

What do you think guys.

Ive had to make a test since this game has felt very arcadish to me from the start.

So i decided to try it with a gamepad.
Within 10 laps of setting the controller and adjusting the setup a bit, i made a pb time with the GT class (driving mid-ohio, just had done 30+ laps using my G25+finnmotion pedals), no other aids but autoclutch.. not to mention i didnt feel in any way being disadvantaged by the gamepad..

i was racing with Jarkko and can vouch that he did exactly as he stated .. but i must say i found it difficult to follow as the car was jerky

i think meaby i-racing is the best physic at the moment but the next is gtr-evo.
sorry for going off topic :becky:
Hi Alino ;) , all ok ?

Back to topic, agree m8. Nice improvement over GTR2 and Race07 and cars overall feel very nice/challening to drive. I do hope that the next SB engine will make the tracks come a little more a live though.

But first up is Blimey and Eero physics and I'm really looking forward for that one too :cool:

:amen:

That's 2 real drivers saying Race 07 has the best driving physics so far.

Add a third: Chris van der Drift (Formula Master) last year said that the RACE 07 F3000 felt like 94% the same as the real one. According to him the last 6% is impossible to simulate, because that is the fact that you feel the fear to **** your pants braking the car with 230km/h and entering a corner at the same time :pound:

• Peter Byun

Add a third: Chris van der Drift (Formula Master) last year said that the RACE 07 F3000 felt like 94% the same as the real one. According to him the last 6% is impossible to simulate, because that is the fact that you feel the fear to **** your pants braking the car with 230km/h and entering a corner at the same time :pound:

Didn't Simbin consult an ex-F3000 driver? I think his name was Alx (don't remember the last name) Out of all the cars in Race07, I thought the F3000 cars felt most realistic.

i was racing with Jarkko and can vouch that he did exactly as he stated .. but i must say i found it difficult to follow as the car was jerky

Yeah its definitely bit "Jerky" at first until you get the thumbs sensitive enough.
(mainly because you can go from lock to lock in a blink of an eye)
:D

Not gonna use a gamepad though, even when its possible i much rather use wheel.

EDIT:I must say it really bothers me i made a pb on gamepad though, im usually not the slowest one when using wheel so
im not sure if i could find something to still improve or is it just the fact you can react so much faster with a gamepad.

I've spent the last four years racing GTL and GTR2 and am finding the transition to this series a little strange. I can't seem to put my finger on it, in GTR2 I'm a front row runner yet in GTR:E I am struggling to be midfield. The braking seems very different and I can't seem to find the right sensitivity for my wheel and pedals, it's either one way or the other and I can't find a balance I feel comfortable with. OK so it's only been a week and perhaps I need to just get used to it a little more but it is puzzling the hell out of me and making me ask whether I even like this sim.

I think my problem is more down to sensitivity than anything else. It sometimes doesn't feel like the controls are doing what I ask of them. Braking is one area, and probably the most unsettling, where what I do on the pedals does not feel as though it is being replicated in game. Even with a zero deadzone I am not getting any brake action until the pedal is a good 10% through it's travel. This is making trail braking extremely difficult and causing me a certain amount of uncertainty in the braking zones.

Steering too seems to be giving me problems as I can't seem to find a balance between overall sensitivity value and speed-sensitive steering value. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I hit that sweet spot in the settings but right now it is a little frustrating. It may have a lot to do with racing GTL/GTR2 for some time exclusively and I am trying too hard to replicate "that" feel rather than adapting myself to the different physics. Either way the only way to sort it out is practice, adjust, practice, adjust and eventulally I'm sure I'll sort it out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%