AI that learns about your driving techniques would be good... but what I don't want to happen is that it just ramps up the difficulty until it thrashes on you like Unreal used to have built in. You'd start of with a bot on easy and by the end of the match it will have bumped the Difficulty up to Godlike

Michael Herrmann;509304 said:
lol JJ was thinking the same seams the grandmother of racing tracks is in too
FIA GT1 World Championship 'twill be, and it might not include Nordschleife - just the GP layout, which the GT1s will race on this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is more arcadey than RACE even - depends how expensive the licence was......

Chris Buchanan;509410 said:
AI that learns about your driving techniques would be good... but what I don't want to happen is that it just ramps up the difficulty until it thrashes on you like Unreal used to have built in. You'd start of with a bot on easy and by the end of the match it will have bumped the Difficulty up to Godlike
DOOOMIIINAAATING!!!!!!!! :D

Ryan Callan;509412 said:
FIA GT1 World Championship 'twill be, and it might not include Nordschleife - just the GP layout, which the GT1s will race on this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is more arcadey than RACE even - depends how expensive the licence was......

they still have the license from before don't they. I think it was just hibernating while they squeeze some dev money out of evo and race on.

Ivo Simons;509394 said:
Important is that they make it moddable. Otherwise rFactor 2 will win big time.

+1 - I want to see top quality mods like in Rfactor (Not that Race 07 Mods are bad, jsut there aren't enough of them)

Good to see Simbin have turned a new page and gave up the Race 07 tradition. To be honest, coinjoining 4 games into one is a good thing, but now it's time for change. Hopefully this has all the good stuff of Race 07 + all the amazing features in GTR2 (Night racing, safety cars, long races etc.) but times by about 6! I agree with Joshua, Lizard Engine please. This engine has been on for too long now and I want to see an upgrade :D

weird it says on their it is going back on the root of simbim racing. My brain says its gonna have old cars and circuits but my eyes show me from the pic that it can't because of the building in the pic. Be interesting when it comes.

James Johnson;509428 said:
I'm guessing the Pitboards will work from pitwall. So do we have to hug the pitwall to see what it says? :)

MY guess is no, the graphics are much sharper and clearer now. But if that is the straight from Nurburg then you should be on that wall anyway...

Ivo Simons;509394 said:
Important is that they make it moddable. Otherwise rFactor 2 will win big time.

Moddability isn't the key to sales. rFactor has not sold well compared to Simbin titles, EA shipped 2.5 million copies of NFS Shift before the end of September, and Gran Turismo 5 will probably sell 8-10 million copies.

I'm pleased about the DLC. I'm happy to pay for professional content, especially as it won't be at iRacing prices and I expect Simbin will raise the bar with this new release.

I just really hope that this is the successor to GTR2 that I was expecting when Evo came out. I was hugely dissapointed that the sales hype turned into Race07 content.

Was probably my own fault for misreading something - but I am going to wait on this one and judge later (I am hoping it is of the GTL, GTR2 level quality of experience).

David Wright;509454 said:
Moddability isn't the key to sales. rFactor has not sold well compared to Simbin titles.

Not initially it isn't but for future sales going forward it can be very important. When its been out for a while and the sales have slowed and somebody drops that killer mod it will start a resurge as people's interest is raised again.

Modding can also be a game's downfall. rFactor is a pain to play online as you have to keep checking updates for the game, tracks, cars, plugins etc. As long as the game is supported long term with either add-ons or DLC then it will continue to breathe life into the game without some half baked mod. My main hope is that it finally does away with the tired old ISI engine and transfers to Lizard to form the basis of all future products.

I'm just hoping they have an in game skin manager and downloader. So that I don't have to download all the skins and people don't have to download mine. It just caches them all up into a folder and then maybe you have an option to save skins after a session or something of the likes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.7%