GTL Troubleshooting Thread

i think we need a drum roll...
drum-roll1.gif

i think we need a drum roll...

Sure hope that is your solution Noel.
When Rupe showed me how to find my new Steam code, mine was the same as you described. The pop up window giving the code wasn't big enough to show the whole code, so I had the three dots at the end too. By using the mouse to drag the window bigger to the right, it revealed the missing three characters. Bingo.

Surely, that has been your latest problem. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: BTW, for the record (as explained to me by Rupe, thanks), to find the CD code, I had to go into Steam/Library, select the "detail" view, left click GTL, on the right hand of the main box under Links, the 6th line was CD Key. Left clicking that opened the box with the CD Code. Very easy once you know how. :rolleyes:

i am going fishing now so will report back tonight hmm flathead anyone

Damn! My wife and I just bought whiting fillets for dinner tonight, the fishing is always more successful at the local fish board. ;) Also picked up heaps of seafood (prawns, bugs, etc) for our Christmas feast for the family.
Some additional flathead would be nice, but delivery might be a problem unless you live close to me. :)

This is how to view your CD key (online code) then left click the CD key.
You can copy to clipboard and paste in notebook to get a clearer view or expand the box to view all the key.. 28 digits
When you start the game through steam it asks you to copy the code , copy it when in game it asks for the serial /click in the box and CTRL+V to paste
cdkeyr.jpg

i'm having a problem, when i try to run GTL i have to start it as an administrator so it will start the game, but now when i do this it apears the window asking for permission, i allow it but then nothing happens and the game doesn't start. Does anyone has an idea of what i can do to solve this problem?

i'm having a problem, when i try to run GTL i have to start it as an administrator so it will start the game, but now when i do this it apears the window asking for permission, i allow it but then nothing happens and the game doesn't start. Does anyone has an idea of what i can do to solve this problem?

Right-click on your GTL.exe files, (GTL.exe, GTLConfig.exe, GTLDedicated.exe, GTLReproter.exe) right-click on them, go to properties, then compatibility, and check the box saying "run as administrator". Also check the box to run these .exe files in compatibillity mode for windows xp SP3. Job done!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%