GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Got an install problem of some kind. I did all downloads and installs. game would not start up. Deleted the Jaguar Mk2 4.2 (Download ) and the game would run fine.

Game runs fine offline with the track and the Jaguar Mk2 (default + Skinpack ) installed but the game will not run when the Jaguar Mk2 4.2 (Download) is installed. It crashes before loading.

Tried to get on line with just the Jaguar Mk2 (default + Skinpack ) installed but cannot get past the password option which I assume has to do with the Jaguar Mk2 4.2 (Download ) not being installed.

Anyone else having a problem?

Well the problem is the GTL game will not load past the loading of the car and track even offline if I have the 4.2 Jag installed. Remove it and the game works. I have done a new download with same negative results.

Mine all works offline and I can get on the other server in the Simbin lobby..But not the RD server..
What other mods have you installed .. i have all the present league cars installed and the new sprites but just cant get in the RD server..

I can get on the other server as well. No other mods other than what we use for our races here. The only thing different that I have done was I plugged the G27 into a different usb port before booting up today and kept the CH yoke and peddles still plugged in.

Whent he GTL would not work I shut down removed the CH stuff and placed the G27 cable into the USB port that I always use... still no change. Removed the 4.2 Jag mod and the game works fine.

Jack, your Server Access problem isn't related to your Jag Mod install, that seems a separate issue affecting others.
However, the Jag mod install seems to have gone wrong for you. When you removed the first install, did you also remove the MKII_4-2_SA Sound folder as well. Just checking that you removed all of the Mod. Grasping at straws here. :unsure:

It sure sounds like something didn't install correctly for you.
I'm happy to hop on TS with you so we can compare files etc. Just let me know a suitable time.

Hi Warren. I just checked in for responses. It is late here and I'm a bit tired/headache tonight so off to bed but thanks for the help offer. I'll tackle it again tomorrow ( frustrated right now) but out of ideas.

Ya I figured the two issues are separate. Yes I did remove the sound folder also. I have tried a couple re downloads and reinstalls. Very fustrating. Never ever had these problems with Windows XP.

Somewhere I figure that I must have unknowingly changed an atom or two which resulted in this.:(

jack, try this...

I've had that problem before and what I do is change the car level of detail in the video options. I try full, then medium, and then low. I also try them with the high res livery option on and off. the high res livery option is found under the "advanced" section.

This has solved my problem almost every time.

jack, try this...

I've had that problem before and what I do is change the car level of detail in the video options. I try full, then medium, and then low. I also try them with the high res livery option on and off. the high res livery option is found under the "advanced" section.

This has solved my problem almost every time.

Well I tried your suggestions but no go. I would add that as soon as the 4.2 mod is installed I can not load any car, not just the mod. After selecting a car, the tracks start to load and then the game stops ..crashes to desktop, with a message "GTL has stopped working."

Would my profile have anything to do with this?

Is a new install of the game a final effort to try? Oh God..why me?:(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years