GTC65 Muscle @ Goodwood - Thu 3rd May

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Default GTC65 Muscle
Track: Goodwood (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (14 laps)

Note1: AC Cobra/Corvette 65/Shelby Daytona/Shelby 350/TVR
Note2: Default Car & Skins Only
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Hans Sneep
  2. Ian Strom
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Peter van Zanten
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Rupe Wilson
  7. Eck Simpson
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Stuart Thomson - if work allows

Well that was great fun,, I always liked the Sim (best background colours and music) but never really had some online action.. always race07 ... But with the Retro's moving to Monday, it left a space... So it looks like Ive found a new home for Thursdays...:D
I will get T/S working properly for next time
ill also remember to load my setup for the race..
But all things considered it was good fun... :D
i need to learn to start.. but once i got going it was OK... i then spun on cold tyres i could not hear much so i had to also turn off the speaker on ts it was making funny noise and i could not hear the car.. so some 30 seconds behind i was finally ready to play catch up.... by the end of the race i was feeling pretty good all things considering:)
Race 2 started all wrong for me it wouldn't let me start... i must of done something wrong... sorry guys.. :(
the race was restarted and this time it all went really well... another poor start but braved it out through the fast corners and before long i was given the lead by the 2 cars in front spinning (cold tyres are fun ... ) and from then on it was go go go all the way to the finish with a few fast laps near the end....

Great racing with you guys .. i will be back for more fun...

After the week I've had, it was great to get out there last night.

Goodwood's such a nice circuit, had a huge laugh in the TVR, some good dicing with Eck, Roland & Peter(?) in R1

The working week caught up to me in R2 despite having a nive old battle with Eck in the 350, started getting a pounding headache and couldn't carry on - looking to be fully refreshed for next week

Really liked this combo. Picked the Vette and Cobra for the races and both felt great around here.

Got a good start in the Vette and was able to make up some ground. Eck was going terribly fast in his TVR though and if it wasn't for an accident he would caught me before the finish.

Second race was good fun, but couldn't really get the braking right at St. Marys and did a bit of lawn-mowing in this race. Grats to Rupe though, taking the cobra to a win in his first event, well done:thumbsup:

Thanks Stuart for organizing and thanks to all that showed up.

Goodwood is great! Missed the last event here in november, but it's not that hard to memorize. And those cars are great fun, or well the ones I'm familiar with are. The video Knut posted inspired me to pick a Vette for R1, and I loved the way you can throw this car around before going over its limit. Was a little surprised by the pace of the TVR guys tho, no way I could keep up with them. And I went over my car's limit a few times, including a roll in the final lap landing me on my roof er.. rollbar, as I picked a convertible:D
Great fun, great action!:thumbsup:

For R2 I decided -with some others- to try the big Cobra, but boy does that thing go fast!:confused: The other cars, all GT350's, could not match its speed by quite a margin. However, after 2 laps I messed up while in the lead, spun at the narrowest part of the track, the chicane onto home straight, and while standing on the track sideways facing the barriers I felt I was completely blocking the track, so decided to ESC out. Watched the others for a while, but after Stu's retirement there were no real fights.
From watching Knut with Eck and Stu I noticed a Cobra actually wasn't that big, and later checking the replay I indeed found that when I spun there was plenty more track left than I thought 'cos my Cobra was indeed a lot smaller than I had imagined; probably unconsciously I still had tuesday's Falcon on my mind:roflmao:.

Anyways, Grats to the podiums, Welcome Rupe, glad you liked it, Thanks Stuart and all others for racing, cy next week, when hopefully some more regulars will be around again.

Was Fun,I like Goodwood great track !
Took the Shelby DC,but for me it was a hand full to keep it on the tarmac, most ridicules Quali took more the 2 min,,,after I was back in the garage I realise that I put up Healy setup !! no wonder.. ha ha ..
In the race I have seen more grass than tarmac in front of me, but still fun !

It's going slowly better with my hand next race I will try to do both.

Thanks Stu, grats podium an thanks guys for racing !!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%