GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 3 @ Leipzig - Tue 18th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Leipzig 4.3Km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 13 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap. Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times.. This rule applies to the inside and outside of a corner, If you cut or run wide lift of the gas so no advantage is gained. (last chance)
Note 7: Pit speed limiters are to be used in the pits whilst on the server at all times on RaceDay
Note 8:If you have no sound in your game you need this HERE
Note 9: Real names to be use on the sever at all times
Note 10: New drivers Please try to join a the server with other drivers before the event
to make sure your sim is working
Note11: Be prepared don't leave it until the last minute once were in official practice,
IT'S TO LATE !

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Warren Schembri #23
  4. Guus Ververs #86
  5. Tony Wiltshire #57
  6. Tim Ling #427
  7. Dave Flower #69
  8. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  9. Simon Bacon #92
  10. Jack Smith #33
  11. Brian Harlow #53
  12. Jorge Ferreira #109
  13. Jacob Boonstra #70
  14. Yves Larose#41
  15. Roland Warmenhoven #70
  16. Krzysztof Babij
  17. Mate Orban #105
  18. Matt O'Brien #12
  19. Antonio Tavares #964
  20. Anthony Levene
  21. Steven Walker #475
  22. Carlos A Ortiz #550
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Hi Carlos A Ortiz

all found in our help section HERE
  1. We download tracks and mods from 4 main sites - you will be directed in the club race page when signing for the event to one of the below. It is a good idea to register at all sites, it's a small amount of time, but worth it.
  2. RaceDepartment (download section) ( Resourses )
  3. No Grip (No Grip downloads) :100mb limit per day.
  4. Altbierbude (Altbierbude downloads) :registration required *
  5. Gtl4u.de (GTL4U downloads) : registration required
I have to get permission form modders to post there track on our site this can take some time to track them down and takes up alot of my time so please register on these sites.And if there is an update i have to do it all over again. it will make it easier for you in the long run.. :)

if you forget the password it takes about 5 mins to get a new one. this is way quicker than me having to upload it to our resources after i first get permission to host it ;)

Its also hot here Peter also, just spent the afternoon cutting hedges... my arms are dead...:mad:
time for a cider.....oh wait i dont drink time for a hot pot of coffee..:roflmao:

I know its only Tuesday but i feel like driving in my birthday suite.. i normally only do this on Thursdays.. But today is special..:rolleyes::whistling::barefoot:

anyone can share the track, i don't want to register in more pages, i already registered in a LOT of pages and always forget the passwords,

As the highly unlikely breaking of your password is even more unlikely to lead to your financial ruin why not keep it simple. Use your middle name or date of birth or car registration no. or vegetable or fruit etc etc. It probably doesn't need to be that complicated e.g some Capitals, number, special characters etc. You could use zitroasolrac :laugh:

Thanks all for some really good fun once more! R1 was absolutely fantastic with me on Jack's tail for the first half, being unable to gain any ground on him until the smallest of slides unbalanced his car, he almost saved it but alas couldn't pull it off in the end. Had some lonely laps but steadily gaining places as Yves and Guus had a crash... Guus got by again, in 3rd gear :laugh: as promised, but I still finished in 3rd, which was pretty amazing considering some of you guys' pace!

After that things went downhill pretty steep though. First I forgot to load my setup and ballsed up my Qualy lap, having me start in 14th or so. A good start saw me gain some places, up to 8th halfway through lap 1. But for a short moment I wasn't paying attention, crashed in that final chicane, I went airborne and landed on my roof on the middle of track. Knowing there was a large string of cars close behind decided to ESC out.

Grats to whoever finished on the podium in R2, and I hope to survive more than 1 lap on thursday;). CYA.

That was fun :) Qualifying went surprisingly well, In practice I just couldnt get a lap together. In qualifying for the 2nd race I performed my magic recipe outlap which includes smashing into trees, getting stuck, getting out and then crashing again, but I managed to get a good lap after that :D
In the races I couldnt start very well because of my long 1st gear (thanks Dave) so Mate passed me at the start in both races, which made my races very interesting because he was very consistent and almost impossible to pass. I had a lot of fun battling against him, thanks Mate. Unfortunately the battles did not last very long because I crashed multiple times in that one cheeky set of corners. I dont know if the not using 4th slowed me down since I havent tried anything else, but it did not seem that bad.
Congrats Mate on the double win, very consistent on a difficult track ;) Thanks all for racing, see you next time

Had some good fun racing tonight thanks for all who attended. The racing went much better for me than I expected from my practice in which I hardly managed to put more than 2 or 3 laps together!

R1 - I had a fairly good start and on about lap 3 I collected Warren who had just wrecked as I came round the corner right behind another car! Puncture, damage pit stop to repair but I made the end and with inevitable drop outs I managed about 12th (I Think).

R2 - A bit more lonely but I managed 8th.

Again thankyou all who attended and to Rupe and RD for organising such great events.

Finally a picture :

There may be trouble ahead!

Monday night was the first time i drove the combo and i was finding very hard to put a lap together without spinning let alone put a few laps in a row together without spinning, Today i came on the server early trying to adjust the setup so the car would be drivable for a race distance. a few minutes before the praccy session finished i tried one last thing to improve the car by changing the final gear ratio and tuned down the caster and it paided of as the car was way easier to drive :)

Qualy 1: surprisely i took third place behind the 2 aliens (Guus and Mate)

Race 1: had a good start but over braked myself a little bit at T1 and to avoid hitting the guy's infront i took the outside line and had to brake way longer resulting in not having any momentum exiting the corner so i lost 1 or 2 places there but i was able to gain them back in the next few laps. for a long time i was running comfortably in third place but with a few laps to go i lost it exiting the the fast chicane resulting in a bend steering and making the car very hard to drive but at the second chicane i lost it again and once again hitting something but to my surprise it fixed the bend steering and i was able to push and regain a few place back and finished in 5th place.

Qualy 2: took the 5th place with a slower time.

Race 2: had a good start once again and stayed with the guy's infront and got my braking right at T1 and exiting the corner 2 of the guy infront were side by side with second place not far away, at T2 they were slower then me giving me a good run on the straight which resulted in a 3 wide fest for the next corner me being on the inside, got the pass done with just a little rub mid corner. then i was right behind Guus and i was careful at the next chicane and braked a bit early giving a chance to the guy i just passed the chance to get on the inside at the left hander and we took it side by side without any problem (nice driving whoever the guy was :thumbsup:) then something happened giving me a little gap to forth place. for about 7 laps i was maintaining the gap to the guy behind me when suddenly Guus was slow at the exit of a corner (i imagine i have spun) gifting me second place but he was back to pace fast and closing on me when i lost and spun exiting the second chicane gifting not only second place but also third place :( i tried to catch third place but was unable to do it so took 4th place at the end.

here's a little vid of my race 2 first lap :D

i wasn't expecting much of the event but with the last changes to the setup it maid me enjoyed the combo :) thanks to everyone who was there, thanks to Rupe and RD for the event :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back