GTC-TC-76 BMW2002tii @ Kyalami / Oesterreichring - Thu 16th May 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 BMW2002tii ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 70 (Download) / Oesterreichring 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 we will use theKyalami 70 circuit
Race 2 we will use the Oesterreichring 70 circuit
Note 2: We are using the BMW2002tii model that is car
#5,#31,#51,# 58,#72,#77,#91,#105,#112,#202,#203,#207
Note 3: only the skins that come with the mod please, and lets try and use all the liveries for a colourful grid.
Note 4: Unpack the mod into your main GT Legends folder
Note 5: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 6: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #105
  2. Paul Bennett #72
  3. Senad Subasic #51
  4. Antonio Tavares
  5. Sakis Politis #91
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito #58
  7. Antonio Tavares #31
  8. Steven Walkerr
  9. Hans Sneep #112
  10. Brian Harlow
  11. Alex Prescott
  12. Marcin Piatkiewicz #5
  13. Brian Wallace
  14. Eck Simpson
  15. Roland Warmenhoven ?
  16. Rene van Zijp
  17. Ross McGregor
  18. Hiroshi Awazu
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Was a welcome return last night, very glad I turned up. Just a perfect night in really.

No complaints at all, I failed to predict other drivers movements, nothing to do with them.

So the less fortunate, near the rear of the field, just do what you do.

Grats to the winners, podium finishers and all other racers. Thanks to all for a great evening, most especially Rupe and RD, for making it all possible.

Darth Vader once said "This will be a day long remembered". With the same thought in mind, I tried to make video footage from the 2 hot laps in each track. For each track, there is first the TV perspective followed by the onboard camera from the same lap. Sorry guys for not including more cars/drivers, but it took me almost all morning just to do this one. :geek:

[EDIT] sorry guys, something was not right with the sound, I'll have to encode and upload again. :whistling:

The video quality of this one is not so good as the first, but it seems that with max quality the car sound was being removed from clips 2, 3 and 4. Issues that a noob in video editing has to deal with...

[EDIT #2] Thxs Rupe I have the replays. The problem was that Windows Movie Maker had 4 different clips inside, but the car sound was only audible, after enconding all 4 in one single video file, in one of the clips. Selecting a different encoding option seems to have fixed the problem, but now YouTube says that the content might be blocked in some countries due to the audio tracks I added. Oh well, I guess I'll have to encode a normal xVid with the race sounds only so that everyone can see.

[EDIT #3] aspect ratio fixed. now it's 16:9

Well. What a great turn out last night. At one point I think there were 16 players on the server and I was really looking forward to a great evening of racing. After seeing the lap times that some were doing I was pretty sure that I had a decent enough pace to run near the front on both tracks. Unfortunately first lap incidents took some of the shine off the night for me.

Race 1 : Kyalami. I love this track. I had a poor start when the lights went green, as I suspect so did others, and went into the fist bend with cars all around me. Managed to get round without incident and headed down to turn 2 making up places as I went. As I looked through the corner I noticed that Hans had lost the back end and gone into a slide forcing some to take to the grass to avoid him. While accelerating out of the corner, and thinking I could maybe capitalise on this, Hans came right across into the track...... and collected me. :( So i got back on track and started to fight my way back through but could only make 6th/7th place.

Race 2 : Oesterriechring. Another great track. Again I was pretty sure I could run near the top again with a decent pace. The start went the same way as the last one bogging down in that looooong first gear so I had dropped a few places. Going up to the first corner side by side with another car we entered the first corner. Being on the outside and not knowing if the other driver would drift wide I decided to make a little space between us. Unfortunately in doing so I turned back in a little more sharply than needed and the rear started to slide. I caught it and would have been able to continue were it not for Hans hitting me in the rear. After watching the replay I did see him try to stop but he crashed in the process. So I had to try and make the best of it again and after a fairly lonely race, broken mainly by passing lapped cars, I finished in 6th or 7th again.

I must say however that I think that these incidents were racing incidents and were unavoidable but it still detracted a little from the enjoyment of the night. Nevermind. I'm sure my luck will change soon. :unsure:

I was very pleased to meet some of the other longer standing members of the group and after racing with you I realised how much further I have to go to challenge you all. :thumbsup: Hope to see you again soon.

Was a welcome return last night, very glad I turned up. Just a perfect night in really.

No complaints at all, I failed to predict other drivers movements, nothing to do with them.

So the less fortunate, near the rear of the field, just do what you do.

Grats to the winners, podium finishers and all other racers. Thanks to all for a great evening, most especially Rupe and RD, for making it all possible.

You wait for one fifer to do a club event, and two come along at once! You lucky people...
(possibly not!)

Track/car combo was too good to miss, so i installed everything the night before so i could turn up for race time without faffing around with my install.

Race 1: i was a bit lucky to get an early break from the pack, but i was enjoying chucking the bimmer around so much i kind of forgot i was in a race!

Race 2: a bit more of what i expected from these cars; ie close racing. I didn't quite get on the ultimate pace here as quickly as i did at kyalami, and throughout the race i gradually got my head around which lines to take. However, i only found out optimum braking points by going over the limit, and twice in two laps i went off at turn 2, dropping me back to 5th, and into the clutches of Knut & Rupe, who were line astern. We all had some good, clean racing until i was bumped off by a lapped car, so i had to again try and work my way up the order after going off-road. By this time, Eck & Antonio were well out in front in a a race of their own, with Rupe, Knut and myself in the chasing pack. Heading into the final couple of laps i was vainly trying to catch Knut in 4th, and by the final lap i was in his DRS zone! Unfortunately for Eck, he had an off-track excursion, and at the chequered flag Antonio was only a couple of seconds ahead of Knut and me. So overall, the race was fast, frenetic, clean & fun! More please!

Cheers Rupe & Knut for running the show, and congrats to Antonio, Rupe & Knut on their podiums.

Until next time, cheers!

Well, this event was so long ago some may not even remember it so I won't bother you with how I did:laugh: , but truth is tonight is my first opportunity since thurday to turn on my PC.

I just want to thank everybody for a great turnout and for some good fun racing. Grats to the winners and podium finishers, and special thanks to Antonio and Steven for sharing their setups and of course to Rupe for another ace event. This car is just great! CYA soon I hope.

It was my first taste of online racing that night, and the first race began with a stuttering bogged down start and I think I caused someone to hit me because of it.. oops sorry! After spinning off multiple times I retired and saved myself (and my neck ache due to the tension hehe) for the second race which I'd practised a little more. Again bogged at the start and caused a minor knock from the person behind, sorry again! I managed to clip someone who had spun off on the first or second corner, sorry, bit slow to react :redface: Anyway, had a few good mini-battles for last-or-so with a couple of different people here and there which was great fun. Liked the track too. Managed to actually finish which I was well chuffed with.

I don't think I'll ever be challenging for a podium haha, some of you guys are ridiculously quick. But it's the fun that counts for me. Role on next time and thanks for having me aboard :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%