GTC-TC-76 BMW2002tii @ Kyalami / Oesterreichring - Thu 16th May 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 BMW2002tii ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 70 (Download) / Oesterreichring 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 we will use theKyalami 70 circuit
Race 2 we will use the Oesterreichring 70 circuit
Note 2: We are using the BMW2002tii model that is car
#5,#31,#51,# 58,#72,#77,#91,#105,#112,#202,#203,#207
Note 3: only the skins that come with the mod please, and lets try and use all the liveries for a colourful grid.
Note 4: Unpack the mod into your main GT Legends folder
Note 5: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 6: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #105
  2. Paul Bennett #72
  3. Senad Subasic #51
  4. Antonio Tavares
  5. Sakis Politis #91
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito #58
  7. Antonio Tavares #31
  8. Steven Walkerr
  9. Hans Sneep #112
  10. Brian Harlow
  11. Alex Prescott
  12. Marcin Piatkiewicz #5
  13. Brian Wallace
  14. Eck Simpson
  15. Roland Warmenhoven ?
  16. Rene van Zijp
  17. Ross McGregor
  18. Hiroshi Awazu
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Wow, great fun tonight with two races full of action! As usual, got a bad start on both and was passed by some cars, but I try to see that as an opportunity to be the one making pressure, instead of being under pressure first laps. Cold tires and too much adrenaline are known to have prematurely ended some races.

At Kyalami, Ross McGregor took the lead and kept it until finish. Well done Ross! After some laps; I was behind Rupe fighting for the second place, but despite managing to get quite close due to draft, I never succeeded to be in position to overtake. I did 3 or 4 unsuccessful attempts, but Rupe kept cool and didn't gave me any real opportunity. By the end of the race I lost some time overlapping 2 cars, and Rupe even waited a little for me to resume our "battle". Thanks Rupe, that was nice! ;)

Oesterreichring was a blast. I managed to get the pole, but was overtaked at start by 3 or 4 cars. Luckily they made some mistakes that allowed me to place myself behind Eck Simpson, who got the lead. Like in Kyalami, the air tunnel allowed me to apply some pressure by being close, and I even managed to pass him when he made a mistake and lost some time. But he was faster than me, and even without air tunnel he closed the gap again and passed me. After some laps I managed to exit last turn right behind him, use his air tunnel to reach turn 1on the inside, and overtake there, but it didn't do me much good: after some time he passed me again in the U turn at the end of the interior straight, where he could brake clearly later than me. I found myself behind him again, but in one of the last turns on the last lap he did a mistake overtaking a lapped car, and allowed me to cross the finish line in the first position. Bad luck, he deserved to win, but that's racing: sometimes it pays to be a little extra cautious, and this was one of these times. This time I could afford being cautious because I had no one close behind me, and the worst that could happen was crossing the line 2 secs behind him instead of 3; on the other hand, Eck had me breathing on his neck there, and he knew that I could overtake if he had lost time behind a slower car. Luckily for me, that slower car did some unpredictable move that forced Eck to make a mistake while taking evasive action, allowing me to "inherit" an undeserved first position. Goes without saying that, even undeserved, that felt good! :D

I have to mention Rupe Wilson and Eck Simpson clean and fair driving, that allowed us to have GREAT FUN over the two races. Thanks guys for a great night! :)

We had amazing races again tonight! Unfortunately bad luck stroke again for me. :(

I managed to start from 2nd position at Kyalami but did an awful start (again) got passed by 4 cars only to get bumped and spin off in the first corner ( life always pays back :cry: ). Then had a battle with Knut who was clearly faster at that moment and after a miscalculation we bumped each other out. As if it wasn't enough, I couldn't avoid a spinning car I was about to lap and destroyed my suspension and the race. Pity as I was closing Steven and I was really itching for a battle :p.

''Nevermind I will do better in Austria'' I told myself. Yeah right... While I was on the flying lap my bunny decided it was time to play with my feet :roflmao::(, off throttle, off line, spin... I didn't learn from my mistake and instead of locking her in the cage I let her wander in the room. And as I was about to put 1st gear for the start of the race it jumped on my feet again, the result was a majestic 360 burnout instead of blasting in front. Later I was pushed off track while closing on Steven again ( I will get you one day! :p ). Rejoined second to last and all I could do was enjoy an ascension up to 9th place. Lady luck was hard on me today but I'll be back... (Terminator style :D ).

My congratulations to winners, podium finishers and close to podium ones, in fact everyone. The level of the drivers involved is seriously high and I love it. Well done guys!

Good times tonight great car on two nice tracks :)

Race 1 started last messed up on qually, had a few little offs dust kickers but still had fun did a bit of racing with the back pack great to have a large crowd in :)

Race 2 used the online setup which was really good, started mid grid did n't get a great start.
Sakis think it was me that knocked you off sorry :redface: I did wait but could n't see you, but looks like you got past me as you finished 9th sorry if messed up your race.
I had an off dropped back to last so got back on the gas and raced with the new guys at the back. Towards the end of the race saw Rene ahead and closing in on him and then found 3 cars all over the last turn, with Rene spinning in front of me :confused: no were to go just straight on.

congrats to winners and thanks to Rupe yet again for a great nights racing

Tough car for me but it was fun. Nice to be able to get in on race 2. I'm eating lunch with lil kiddo at 19:00 (12pm here) so i cannot do race 1, but one race is better than none :thumbsup:

I ended up just starting at the back but made my way up to 11th pos. I was trying to hold onto my 11th place but got a bit too greedy with speed on some of the turns which led me to spin and fell back. Then around lap 10 i spun again but hit the barrier hard enough to effect my steering,

There on i just tried my best to nurse my car to the end of race.

What a great night of Fun..
First of all thank you to all that turned up to race, old faces and new. Without you guys we could not of had the fun we did. i think regardless of were you finished in the races one thing was for sure, every body was giving 110 % and that's what these cars needed, dive it like you stole it , drive the wheels off the thing, foot hard to the floor tyres biting cars sliding, these 2 tracks allowed us to make it happen... (as you may see im still on a high from this event):redface:..

Well for me just before we started i had a visitor so i lost out on a bit of practice on the day , good job id had a test the night before to settle the nerves.. id had this event on paper for since the last BMW fun at Dijon, I had a ok qually for race 1 not going crazy and had a start up the front ..there was no way i could reach the pace of the front guys so all thing considered it was good..

I set off and soon had to take to the grass to avoid a car at the beginning of the race but after that it was just drive as hard as i could.
Ross was in the distance His BMW getting smaller every lap , :roflmao:
I had a great race with Antonio pushing me so hard every corner every lap, right on my tail waiting to pounce at the slightest mistake , I did expect him to go for it a couple of times.
He got real close in a few corners. As the laps rolled by we started to hit traffic i seemed to catch them in all the right places, Antonio missed out one time, So i eased of the gas just to allow him to get back on my rear then we set off again with a few laps left.. It was to gooder batle to take advantage like that. so i finished in 2nd place with a big smile on my face.
I did get my drift on a few times which is also nice:whistling:

Race 2 was a crazy race, Real fast and full of excitement.
Antonio had pulled of a super lap in the qually session to get pole :notworthy:
But as he said his starts are letting him down at the moment. nothing wrong with his driving though. the cars in front were just to quick for me . But i had a great battle with Ross and Knut,
it was a few mistakes by them that allowed me to keep up with them..
it was only time before Ross got a couple of corners sorted where i made up ground on him, He then pulled away again, Knut made a error and slowly caught me back up.
as we caught up some cars to lap them , God knows what they were thinking ,
i remember Ross going round the outside of one in mid corner and i was on the inside, looked like we were both sliding and leaving smoke behind us, and then there was Knut, all i saw in the rear view was the side of his car sliding round the corner chasing me and Ross..
Lap after lap the cars were sliding more and more, Real good fun, the position i finished was not important , not that i could of beat them but just to hang on there tails was enough for me..:barefoot:
maybe less sliding would of been the answer but ...Na it was to much fun..
i finished in 5th high as a kite tingling in all the wrong places..:roflmao::whistling:

Well done to all who raced.
Wd podium guys in both races, (Just patted my self on the back ):redface:
Cant wait for the next time we take these babies out , We might try the BMW 2002tiiS next time.

Sorry, had to bolt for race 2, too late for me :(
Was doing well in practice even, and I liked the track better, more chances to slide around. But it wasn't meant to be.

The car is just brilliant. If it's ever in a league season, there will be a brown and beige #176 running.

No major trouble in race 1. But I did have trouble figuring out where the tires actually were :unsure:. That meant I was missing the apexes or even getting on the grass approaching left hand corners.
Not sure where I finished in the end, but it was higher than deserved. Wasn't that fast, Eck passed me easily on not one, but two occasions :mad: :D

Thanks to the organizers, and everyone racing, hope to make more races soon.

EDIT: to the drivers I lapped, sorry if it seemed awkward at times. Just for the record, there is no need to move out of the way, drive your line normally, be aware of people around, and just ease off the throttle to let someone by if needed.

EDIT: to the drivers I lapped, sorry if it seemed awkward at times. Just for the record, there is no need to move out of the way, drive your line normally, be aware of people around, and just ease off the throttle to let someone by if needed.

My thoughts exactly. In fact, I was planning to write something about it, but wasn't sure about the best place to do it, so I have been postponing.

I noticed that on many occasions cars that are about to be lapped lose control and spin or go out of the track. Knowing the environment in public servers, I understand quite well why this happen: most of the drivers there, when lapping other cars, just bump them out of the way. This creates a sort of a "trauma", making lapped drivers get nervous when they see themselves in that position.
In my view, there's no need for that here in RD, as I see everybody drive clean and fair. I am sure that most of us prefer to eventually loose some time behind a slower car than to take unnecessary risks and pass at any cost.
So I go along with Senad: there is no need to move out of the way, in fact, the best thing to do is to just ease off the gas a little bit to be on the safe side and to be able to maintain a predictable and stable line. The responsibility to pass safely belongs to the car behind, and unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both. Some servers even have rules for these situations; I quote one as an example:

"10) Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle."

"

Great fun last night. Was a bit unprepared for Race 1, but still had a lot of fun. Apologize to Sakis, I think I tapped you slightly when we were drifting through a corner. Second race was much better and had some great laps. Well done guys:thumbsup:

And a big welcome to all the new drivers, hope to see you again soon:thumbsup:

When it comes to lapping it looked good from my view. But I think in some cases there was a train of 4-5 cars coming up on a lapped car, and in that situation I usually panic a bit too and look more in the mirror than at where I'm going! But the advice Antonio posted is the best way to handle lapping, it just takes time and practice to get comfortable with. Experience is the best teacher as they say!

And once again Rupe excellent work:thumbsup:

yes Defiantly , To any car that is going to be lapped. Just drive your line, try not to make any sudden movements, let the overtaking car overtake you, you can ease of the gas on a straight when you see the car pull out to overtake you.
let the overtaking driver initiate the move then assist him by getting of the gas,
there should be no need to go off track whilst doing this. you are also in your race so there should be no need to destroy your race.
if they catch you mid corner again hold your line drive the corner as fast as you feel safe to
again you can assist them once they pull over to overtake you.

T/speak is a great tool to let people know you see them.
You will often he me say it to knut to let him know "I see you Knut" it lets him know im not going to close the door on him so he can continue in his overtake going through a corner. Or you hear Brian say "on the left"

I would also like to say that whilst racing there should be no need for a unfair advantage to be gained by any driver when coming across a backmarker or the cars being overtook by the lapping car.

The club races are just for fun,

from what I experienced last night the cars getting lapped did a good job:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%