GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

Black shadows bug:
Can anyone please suggest a fix for this?
Tracks load in fine and look great, but if I Alt Tab out of the game for any reason, when I next return to the game any overhead shadows have become completely black - shadows of overhead gantries, bridges, cockpit while undercover of the garage, all are solid black.
I've tried changing settings in game and on my graphics card software, but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

(Sapphire HD7950, 8gb, i7 4660k Win7 64)

Cannot get past screen that asks for players name. When ok is clicked the menu screen is visible for a fraction of a second but returns to players name as the mouse button is released. This has happened since doing a fresh windows install on a new SSD

i5 4440
Biostar mb
8gb ram
Gtx770
240gb ssd

wikchi that is weird. There must be a simple explanation. Are all the cars (V12, etc) definitely there in their folders?
Can you describe it more - do you just get the single stock menu, what happens when you click on left and right arrows?

Black shadows bug:
Tracks load in fine and look great, but if I Alt Tab out of the game for any reason, when I next return to the game any overhead shadows have become completely black - shadows of overhead gantries, bridges, cockpit while undercover of the garage, all are solid black.
I've tried changing settings in game and on my graphics card software, but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

I had a similar issue a few months ago - http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/graphics-corruption-at-certain-tracks.75861/
I resolved it by NOT using the +fullproc command.
I have since upgraded my CPU and started using Windows 8.1. With the 1.15 update and the command being in place by default, I have just had the same shadows flickering at Montreal. I returned to the garage, and on my next outing, I got this:

zsu4co.jpg

The contents of the car's LCD screen either disappeared or became garbled. Moreover, the on-screen display (position, damage, etc) went totally wonky, I had the letters and graphics literally flying all over the entire screen, it looked as if a gust of wind had blown them all over the place - I wish you could see that in the screen, but for some reason the F12 screenshot does not capture the on-screen menus. I have now manually set the CPU affinity to 2 cores (previously I had all four ticked) and am going to continue testing.

DX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz @ 3,50 GHz
QPC: 3453126 tps
SRAM: 0 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
VRAM: 4036 MB
DRIVER: 9.18.0013.3750

EDIT. No. It does not work. With the affinity set to only one core the sim runs OK with no issues, and performance-wise it is acceptable, but the force feedback response from my wheel (Fanatec Porsche GT3) gets spongy and inconsistent, so driving like that is out of the question. Besides, we're not in 2004 anymore. Starting the sim with -fullproc on one core and then adding one more core in the Task Manager ends up like this:

It's not very clear in the pic, but the selected area in reality is one tangled, flickering mess of disaster. Plus there are other flickering distasters along the whole track. I have Shadows set to High (from Max) and do not intend to go any lower.

The current state of affairs renders GSCE unusable at the moment, which does not make me a blissful individual, which I will hereby illustrate with an example:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp..................................

Last edited:
What does GSCE do when it's alt-tabbed to the taskbar? Does it flush its slimy internal cache memory toilet, or something? For it is enough for me to to alt-tab it during a race, even for the briefest and most elusive of moments and those flickering monstrosities disappear forever in the Smolensk mist.......

BUG Report:
I know there was already a problem with the race timer not working properly, but now it is really messed up. I have my race set to %laps, and am running 100% races as I usually do. But the time remaining now shows 1hour40mins at the start of the race. It is no longer possible to get the timer to show any more than that, as the gdb racetime seems to be ignored.
That is no big deal, but in the race itself, when the percentage is being shown, it tells me that 100% of the race is complete according to the timer, and not according to the laps. So my 81 lap race was shown at 100% on about lap 66.
I still finished the race ok, but it could do with the timer & percentage count being sorted, thanks :)

First, I apologize if I did not express correctly, I'm Spanish. ;)

Today playing GSCE with Formula Reiza. Have appeared for a moment, pilot hands on copckit. Leave a picture to prove it ...

10z032r.jpg

How can it be possible? In future updates we will have hands on all cars?

Take this opportunity to thank you for this simulator. I love it.

Black shadows bug:

Keith, a guy in our league had the same issue, he dropped hi AA down and that fixed his issue. May or may not work for you ?

Grid Edit Function. Still having issues.! :O_o:

in the Dedi UI I use the + - and are able to move drivers up and down the order but when I push the session to race it reverts back. Even the other command to edit the grid has the same effect?

It maybe as i'm pushing the session through to race rather than let the game do this itself, have to test.

Has anyone been able to edit the grid with success ?

with the couple of posts i have in this thread about v1.15 introducing stutters (even when FPS show 60+) and FPS drops compared to the v1.10 on the same PC, same HDD, using same settings etc. i had tried all the suggested fixes in this thread to no success, and this evening i was swapping back and forward between versions comparing the FPS drops and stuttering and just generally trying to figure it out seeing as all settings were identical. i was testing at Taruma and a rFactor conversion track (Jerez, which has really high FPS) etc..... then i noticed my v1.10 had time scaled set to NONE whereas v1.15 was set to NORMAL (maybe by default??). so i changed that to NONE in v1.15 and tried a couple of the same tracks i had been testing and voila!! the two tracks i looked at so far had their FPS back up and no stuttering present whatsoever.... I am going to test a few more and will post my outcome.

perhaps you other guys with stutters should set time scale to NONE and see if that helps yours too...

This worked for me too thanks, I was looking for some info on stutters on Granja Viana, the suggest shadow cloud settings were already in place in my .plr file but putting the time scale to NONE fixed the stutter which was really noticeable on Granja making a kart season unplayable, it's so far the only track I have noticed it on though.

I suppose that this means time/daylight never changes as a result, if so I can just turn it off for this track, I can live with that until fixed.

hi, me and my friend are running GSC on windows 7 64 and 32bits respectively, and we both found a pretty serious problem. We had no problem playing and saving the replay in game, but when it came to loading the replay saved in the replay fridge, the game just froze and not replaying at all. We all think that the compatability of GSC at windows 7 is not perfect. please fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back