GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

Sound Bug:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 1988 (but also applies on all tracks)
Car Used: V12 Jean Allegro
Applicable Settings: Test day, any settings.
Report: The sound stutters constantly at all times. I can stop it by going to GSC config and switching on Vsynch, but it is there all the time if Vsynch is off.
Steps to reproduce: It also happened in v1.10 but could be cured by using a process manager utility or Windows task manager, just switching the game to a higher priority was enough to fix it, but with the update to v1.15 this fix no longer works.
Not the end of the world as switching vsynch on fixes it, but it would e good to be able to test framerates occasionally and not be forced to have vsynch on.

(i7 4660k @ 3.5ghz, 8gb ram, HD7950 3GB, realtek integrated sound, all drivers up to date, Windows 7 64bit).

I'm having problems finishing the update via GSC Sync. I have 247,23MB left and it has stopped three times already and once it said 'user aborted'. I didn't stop it manually nor did i abort it. What's the problem ?

*additional info: Also when i run GSC.exe from the GSC2013 directory i ran GSC Sync from(my main GSC2013 installation with some modded tracks/cars/mods), it still says v1.10 and there is no sign of any new content, even though i've been downloading for 2,5 hours.

*edit: Went fine now. Apparently the modded Camaro skins i had installed were interfering. After restoring them with default ones Sync finished smoothly and all the content appears to be there. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm having problems finishing the update via GSC Sync. I have 247,23MB left and it has stopped three times already and once it said 'user aborted'. I didn't stop it manually nor did i abort it. What's the problem ?

*additional info: Also when i run GSC.exe from the GSC2013 directory i ran GSC Sync from(my main GSC2013 installation with some modded tracks/cars/mods), it still says v1.10 and there is no sign of any new content, even though i've been downloading for 2,5 hours.

*edit: Went fine now. Apparently the modded Camaro skins i had installed were interfering. After restoring them with default ones Sync finished smoothly and all the content appears to be there. :thumbsup:

Thank you Jan Mikuž posting the solution. I had same problem but after deleting the costum skins sync. finished successfully. :)

its not a bug, but i have FPS issues after the update to GSC extreme. Is the game now this hardware demanding?

GSC 2013: above 100 FPS
GSC Exreme: about 25 - 45 FPS

GSC sync did the job without problems, but should i re-download the game and try a fresh install?

its not a bug, but i have FPS issues after the update to GSC extreme. Is the game now this hardware demanding?

GSC sync did the job without problems, but should i re-download the game and try a fresh install?

It should not have become more demanding by any noticeable amount. Can you provide your specs and settings so we can try to pinpoint where the issue might be?

A fresh install should not be necessary but it never hurts, specially if you had a lot of mods added to your previous v1.10 install.

It should not have become more demanding by any noticeable amount. Can you provide your specs and settings so we can try to pinpoint where the issue might be?

A fresh install should not be necessary but it never hurts, specially if you had a lot of mods added to your previous v1.10 install.

I can confirm this, using no mods at all and a standard install, updated with sync.

No other software showing the issue...

Worked before the update, now when starting the software it pins itself only to the first CPU core, causing stuttering and some major drops in framerate as everything is run on the same pipeline. ALT-TAB and assigning it to all cores removes the issue.

As i said, no mods, clean install.

Latest NVidia WHQL drivers
GTX680 OC
I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz.

UPDATE:

One software showing the exact same issue - rFactor 1

+fullproc does nothing anymore, still pins itself to one single core (core 1 there as well).

Maybe NVidia issues?

Update again:

Managed to fix rFactor by creating the shortcut again. Tried to do the same with GSC but still only one core used... So maybe not NVidia bug afterall...

Last edited:
Further testing shows that the single core bug is definitely a GSC thing. Reverted my Nvidia drivers and no improvement. It's something in the update i reckon... The rFactor thing was just a freak thing and unrelated, turns out i had not reset settings when updating drivers a while ago.

So the performance crippling one core lock remains as a GSC bug i am adraid.

Also seeing some higher gpu usage with smoke and dust, with dust clouds being a real performance hog. This was not seen before the update either...

And also, even if selecting all cores in process manager, it still only improves it as far as using two cores, never more...

I seem to recall much better spread across the cores prior to the update as well.

So yes, seems like a bug.

Same problem for me, I used to get very high (200+) frame rate before Extreme, now it is down to around 60-80. Montreal is very jerky even with no other cars on track and replay is like a slideshow, unwatchable.

For those with the performance and cpu affinity issues, can you try something like this and see if it solves your problems?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/CPU-Tweak/CPU-Control.shtml

(Not sure if that's the best software to try - so if anyone knows of better please say)

I would suppose it does, because if i do it manually from Windows task manager/process explorer it certainly fixes it for me, albeit some microstutter remains with the AI and still only two cores used, whith the rest idling. But the massive performance drop is improved a lot by manually changing affinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back