GSC2013 v1.10 Bug Report thread

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

There are only technically like 8 different Camaro drivers so when you run more then that it starts duplicating them.

OK I just tried again this time with 9 AI drivers. (There are 9 listed in the Camaro folder).

The problem persists. I just had a race with 2 Glenn McAdams and 2 Rafael Medinas. Graham Ellery and Roger Hendry were both missing. The previous race only 1 driver was missing and 1 was duplicated.

Any chance of a patch please?

I was watching a replay after doing a couple of laps and when it ended i couldn't exit the replay screen, because there was no mouse cursor. I therefore couldn't press the arrow thing in the upper right corner to exit replay/camera mode to get back to racing. Had to kill the application.

@Reiza Studios
hi guys i know this moght of been memtioned in the past but it was brough up again in one of our club race events..
Caruaru

This seems to happen with all cars

And on a side note
and as you may of seen also wee have been running the shifter kart also on the defulat car tracks with a little change to a file or 2.. we have given up on this now to many problems and not enough knoledge
but allot of the guys noted that there wheels were really rattling whilst out on the normal car tracks, G27 g25 DFGT, other wheels are ok. T500 and fanatec.
The guys do seem to enjoy the option of using the shifter kart on these tracks and it would be great if you could allow this yourselves and update the game to allow this and get rid of the rattle in the wheels.

i know we get a bit of wheel movement in the pits at low speed this is ok but out on track can be a problem at speed..

As always thanks for the work you put into the sim its appreciated :)

Last edited:
I was watching a replay after doing a couple of laps and when it ended i couldn't exit the replay screen, because there was no mouse cursor. I therefore couldn't press the arrow thing in the upper right corner to exit replay/camera mode to get back to racing. Had to kill the application.
The same has happened to me just now - I am stuck in the replay. I don't want to CTRL ALT DEL out of the game as I have crashed and retired and I need the race to finish to record the result for my season. I have tried every key but cannot get out of the replay ! Any ideas anyone please?
I am currently accelerating time to the end of the race but I dont think there will be a way out of it :(
EDIT: Had to exit the game and restart the race. Worked fine the next time, including the replays, so I don't know what caused it.

Last edited:
Because I installed BES mod, I did another GSC install. When I tried to drive F3 at Brasil, I realised, all formulas are present there. So, no just F3, but Reiza, Retro and Classic also.

OK, GSC sync didn˙t help, I went out of the game and back couple times, and suddenly everything was fine. Strange, but we have answer to this question http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/multiclass-racing.82285/
Yes, somehow it is possible :).

Are you sure this happened on a vanilla game or do you have mods installed that change the interface of the game. In case of the latter its not a game related bug.

Are you sure this happened on a vanilla game or do you have mods installed that change the interface of the game. In case of the latter its not a game related bug.
I have a custom car(zonda) and some custom tracks installed, but no interface changing mods. I haven't watched replays much, but this was the only time it happened. I just watched one now, but this one i started from main menu and the cursor disappeared again, but i could bring up the cursor, playback menu and the 'fullscreen' arrow in the upper right corner with 'Enter' key. I don't know if this function works(i guess so) the same when replays are played when in track testing. I must have just not tried to press 'enter' the other time...I also notice the delete key hides the cursor and switches to free camera mode...Might have been this as well. I'm still a bit of noob in this game and don't know all of the controls/keys yet...:)

Still,something is up with the lods on the F retros... Gpu usage with 25 formula classics on inter gp is 35%. Doing the same with retros usage is 85-99% and stuttering. Stutters as it loads liveries (i think), restarting the race 4-5 times removes stutters but insane gpu usage still present. No other models can push it more than 45% on my system, but retros are just killing it at 99% on a full grid.

Seems to be a combo of strange lods and the dust kicking up as the problem is very pronounced at the start and less so once you are underway.

Been like this since i got it, now on a fresh install and different drivers, still the same.

So my opinion is that something is going on with the retro models... Strange thing to note as well, lowering shadows improves the situation for me on the retros, but it does not change gpu load at all for any other models in the sim...

When I start GSC I get a message saying GSC has stopped working. I run sync and it downloads about 25 Mb of files and then starts no problem it's annoying that I have to run sync everytime. the files are mostly .dll and the .exe ?

ok. here's one for you.

main menu starts to squeal at a high pitch (not from speakers). could be either my motherboard, video, or CPU. also when i exit the game, it has a lower "squeal" as the credits roll... kind of a 'melody' of squeals. i dunno how else to describe this, but its most noticeable on the MAIN MENU.

i'm pretty good at computers (certified tech w/ lots of experience in consulting and troubleshooting) but i can't seem to pinpoint where this squealing is coming from. its definitely not the fans, or speakers.

ok. i just determined that the 'squealing' goes away when i ENABLE VSync. is this normal?

windows 8.1 64-bit, i5-4670, thermaltake tr2 500W PSU, Geforce GTX 660, Intel DH87RL motherboard, logitech G27. latest nvidia drivers as of March 10th.

thanks

ok. here's one for you.

main menu starts to squeal at a high pitch (not from speakers). could be either my motherboard, video, or CPU. also when i exit the game, it has a lower "squeal" as the credits roll... kind of a 'melody' of squeals. i dunno how else to describe this, but its most noticeable on the MAIN MENU.

i'm pretty good at computers (certified tech w/ lots of experience in consulting and troubleshooting) but i can't seem to pinpoint where this squealing is coming from. its definitely not the fans, or speakers.

ok. i just determined that the 'squealing' goes away when i ENABLE VSync. is this normal?

windows 8.1 64-bit, i5-4670, thermaltake tr2 500W PSU, Geforce GTX 660, Intel DH87RL motherboard, logitech G27. latest nvidia drivers as of March 10th.

thanks

Fully normal.

Coil whine from video card. If you run without VSync, you can get coil whine as the load on the card is exceptional (extreme output of frames) such as in menus and the like.

No worries.

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

I also edited the .plr file in the graphics section. With that being said when I would try to exit the game it would hang and I would have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to shut down the game, also when I would restart the game it would also hang. the only way I that I could fix it was to delete the .plr file and restart the game, create a new driver and edit the options. I did create a custom profile in the controls and reloaded that file and my controls returned to my custom settings. Hope this helps.....:)

Very rarely, the game crashes on session change. The game appears to change the session normally, but hangs longer than usual. Then, Alt-tabbing reveals an error message about a crash dump. This is very frustrating as you can't rejoin race sessions. This happened two times so far.

Where do I send the crash dump? I don't want to post it here in public…

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%