GSC2013 "pre-release" discussions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your discussions, feedback and bug reports here, while we prepare for official release :)

If you wish to join in the fun, you can buy the game now here. The pre-order gives you access straightaway to the current build - v1.00 which is actually more of a final beta. Official release is still a week or so away and it will mostly be about some tweaks and fixing the main bugs that have been observed in this "pre-release" period.

Those who buy and download v1.00 now will be able to then patch it to v1.01 from official release with a small update.

While this temporary fix is no longer required for the activation issues we had the last couple of days, you might want to apply it in any case as this also addresses potential Fingerprint mismatch issues and compatibility with 3rd party d3d9.dll based plugins: www.reizastudios.com/downloads/GSC2013_GS_FIX.rar - download and extract GSC.exe into your GSC2013 root folder, overwriting the original.

Last edited:
Uhhgg! 2 hrs of trying to install. It seems I finally got the three good files downloaded and all put into the same folder. The wizard guides me through the setup and now it says it can't locate file bin #2.......when it's sitting right there in the same folder. There is something screwy with the way this sim wants to install itself into certain folders.....and it creates problems. Gonna keep trying to figure this out.....but I'm getting a headache!

Uhhgg! 2 hrs of trying to install. It seems I finally got the three good files downloaded and all put into the same folder. The wizard guides me through the setup and now it says it can't locate file bin #2.......when it's sitting right there in the same folder. There is something screwy with the way this sim wants to install itself into certain folders.....and it creates problems. Gonna keep trying to figure this out.....but I'm getting a headache!

I wouldn't put them into any folders until you have run the set up, just run setup from your downloads and let it do the rest then move into folders. Just a thought.

Make sure you have all 3 files in the same folder with their original nomenclature - it might get renamed if you tried to download it multiple times.

If those conditions are met the installer will pick up on the BIN files automatically.

Thanks for your help guys! Earlier today I got so frustrated with it , I basically gave up. But I loved GSC 2012 so much.....there was no way I was going to let this stupid install detour me from getting this thing to work. I wrote Daniela over at Reiza studios and she sent me a link from two different places to try and DL the files again. I did that.....but I still couldn't get it to work. So I went and looked at the first page in this thread and a guy posted a screenshot of what the file sizes should be. I took three correct sized files from 3 separate downloads and combined them into one specicific file. And it STILL didn't work!

So I gave up on it for a while today......but decided to try it one more time ( exactly the same way.....the correct way?)..........it it worked!! I got the sim up and running and just spent the last hour playing it!

Reiza Studios........Thank you for your help in this thread and please tell Daniela THANK YOU for me as well! She was extremely cool and very responsive and it helped a ton! I think it only took her like an hour to reply back.....and it's Sunday! That right there is awesome!!

Man I love this sim!

OH....I forgot to mention this in my previous reply.......

Something a little strange when coming out of the garage when I'm driving the Super V8's. It has me sitting in the same spot as about 5 other cars.....like right on top ( overlayed ) on top of each other? So when I go to pull out of the garage it's like driving through about 4 - 5 ghost cars and then my car acts like it just dropped off a 2' high ledge. kinda weird but it's no big deal.

Also.....the go karts.......ROCK! Really great idea you guys had with those things! I'm terrible at driving them.....but it's something I'll practice at until I get better. Very fun!

I'd like to report a hardware issue and i'm pretty sure its something to do with GSC, cuz I don't experience it in other sims.

my wheel's physical centre doesn't exactly sync with the game's wheel centre. By that I mean, when I put my actual wheel at dead centre, the game's wheel is slightly to the right by, hmm, around 2 degrees. (not an actual measurement, rather an estimation).

I can also see this off-sync in the game's calibration screen where I could see the bar not exactly lining up where it should be.

It is not a huge issue, i.e. I have no problem driving but it just one of those little things that I hope could be fixed by the next update.

Simply the best rf like Sim ever. Feedback is incredible thanks to a well calibrated realfeel and a immersive physic for every vehicle. Tracks are very detailed and beautiful to look, but the best feature is the feeling with all vehicles. Game is also FPS friendly so i think that at the moment GSC is the best complete solution for every community championships.

A small note, missing the sparks under vehicles ?

Hey guys.....quick question : In the options menu.....where is ( what is it called ) to put the track map up while you drive? I kind of got used to having it there is GSC 2012 as it help me keep track of guys in front or behind me. Also helps on learning a new track.

BTW....I'm sure this has been previously mentioned.....but the new GSC 2013 acts completely different on tire grip ya know? Don't get me wrong....I kinda dig it , but man it takes some getting used to. Slips around just about as much as the iracing cars.

@Jeff Huber
Hi, you need to press the 0 on the number keypad of your keyboard,
not the 0 above the the letters but to the right
pc-keyboard-hi.jpg

look in this file open with notepad
H:\GSC2013\Plugins\TrackMap\TrackMapConf

GENERAL]

TeamMembers = Fazerbox

UseSharedMemory = 1

//ModeMap = [ OFF | FIX | ROTATION ]
ModeMap =ROTATION (type in here on of the above)

// pixels:meters. Default 100:200, 100 Pixels = 200 Meters
ZOOM =100:200

//SkipTrackPoints . Default: 5 ( 0 = No SKIP)
SkipTrackPoints = 3

//Names [ 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 ] 0=NO ; 1=Name; 2=Number; 3 = Number+Name

then save and the map should appear in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%