GSC 2012 Multiple Monitor setup help

I am running an AMD 6700 video card with 3x monitors controlled with Catalyst software to bind them as one monitor for iRacing, F1 2012, etc... I just purchased GSC2012 and installed it. When I launch the app, I get the sim on all three screens instead of using all three for one viewport. Any assistance would be appreciated.

as he said, if you have not got experience with any game using the isi engine (rfactor base engine) then the best thing to do is going to your game installation folder, click on the config and adjust the resoulution as you see fit, also you can try "multiview" but i personally don't like it and have seen a decrease in fps.

hope this helps.

Thanks guys, I was able to run the GSC Config program again and figured out that the resolution should be set to 5760 X 1080... Got that working, now It won't recognize my Fanatec CSW and CSPs... It won't recognize input from the wheel and pedals even if I try to set the values manually. Any ideas?

as he said, if you have not got experience with any game using the isi engine (rfactor base engine) then the best thing to do is going to your game installation folder, click on the config and adjust the resoulution as you see fit, also you can try "multiview" but i personally don't like it and have seen a decrease in fps.

hope this helps.

Without multiview the image on side monitor will bew out of proporcion. Its very strange the changes of other car proportions without this enabled.

If you have the side monitors angled towards you, you 'must' use multiview for the best results. If your wheel etc isn't seen by the sim, remember it only supports 3 USB game devices, so if you have shifters, button boxes etc, the sim only sees the first 3 devices which may not include your wheel or pedals.

Got everything working... I had to unplug a few USB devices I use for iRacing and then rebooted. GSC recognized my wheel and pedals, although I had to re calibrate everything for GSC. This is my new favorite sim. Love the Mini challenge since I drive a JCW Mini Cooper.

but having multiview enabled, FPS is lost, for me and for others too. :(

Hi,
I also play in multiview and I have much lower FPS :mad: until I discovered that GSC2012 did not use my 4 cores :thumbsdown:. I discovered this program that allows you to use all 4 cores of GSC at startup :rolleyes:. And now with 3 monitors (5780x1080) I tripled FPS :geek: with all graphics options to almost max. Besides, you can redefine the priority from normal to high, which has eliminated some slowdowns I had :cool:.

I hope it can help you.:)
here is :
http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager/
:thumbsup:

or an easy way to use all 4 cores (it doesn't do all the things that the process manager does, but it does open up all cores):
Just right click on your GSC2012 shortcut, and select properties.
In the Target box, without changing anything else, just add +fullproc to the end of the line (leave a single space after the .exe).
(Hey Eric that program looks really good for prioritizing applications, I am going to take a look at it thanks):)

[quote="Just right click on your GSC2012 shortcut, and select properties.
In the Target box, without changing anything else, just add +fullproc to the end of the line (leave a single space after the .exe).[/quote]

Thank you for this info, very simple !:thumbsup: . An other Function to introduce in my head! :alien:
The priority function also solve the slowdown i had with rFactor 2. :geek: very usefull !:inlove:

You can adjust your FOV without using Multiview and get a very similar viewpoint with the loss of FPS that Multiview brings. It's not exact, but it's close enough at speed that you won't tell the difference.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%