I set the slider all the way to linear, and also disabled the speed sensitive steering in core.ini in case that was causing it. No luck, however.

I'm currently using the shift plugin though, and am finding the game to be a fantastic drive with it! Although I certainly have a lot to learn still! :p

I often find it really annoying in games having to fine tune the AI ability to get them at a level where I can compete. As more often than not, they're all either much faster or much slower than me. So GPL gave me a pleasant surprise when the entire grid was spread out enough to accommodate a wide variety of abilities, much more like what I've seen online. Fantastic stuff. ^.^

This is my GPL video I made 3 years ago.

Since then I have never played this though, I still regard this as a very appreciated game for giving me for the first time the great magnetism of the wingless F1.

I'm still really struggling to drive these cars consistently! Hehe. Could someone let me know which one's the easiest to drive out of the standard cars? I don't mind if it's not the fastest, I'm just looking for the best starting point. :)

Just realised I've moved from Vista to Win7 and not tried reinstalling GPL. My old Vista pc and graphics card simply would not have it, same as with RBR. I recently tried RBR and it worked fine, so fingers crossed for GPL.

If I can get the 65's (my favourites) working again, I will be a very happy bunny.

That's this weekend sorted. :thumbsup:

Wow, this brings back some old memories.
I had a dabble with GPL waaaay back and loved it. I thought it was dead now after all the new hardware took over.
Maybe I should do some research.
I remember the physics were superb back then, one of the true classics along with RBR and GTL. :Sigh:, where did all of those gaming software skills go?

I just had a "treasure hunt" through all of my old disc's etc, and I found it.
Had a laugh reading the Min system requirements, and the need for Windows 95. :D

Thanks for the link Simon, I'll see if I can get it to run again.;) (Hope the new Steering Wheel Controllers will be ok with it).

EDIT: I just noticed that the link to the "Easy Installation Guide" is broken. I found a few other links too, but all were broken. Hope it is explained ok elsewhere because I remember it was tricky previously (many moons ago :rolleyes:).

Just bought the disk of amazon... cant wait to try it out..:)
What did you have to pay for it?
This game was known as the hardest racing simulator in Germany years ago. Didn't dare to buy it when I was a teenager hehe
On ebay I never found it for reasonable prices (same as with Rfactor 1), but I really forgot to have a look on amazon!

Hello Andreas, when i look at the install and update process, by having a disc it makes it so much easyer to install the updates .. on Amazon you can buy it for under 5 pounds.
So how could i resist...
and its good yo own a bit of history...:)

One thing I found out the other night is that - contrary to popularly accepted wisdom - my ATI Radeon actually runs better and smoother in OpenGL than in D3D.

If you follow Stefan's guide and all his download links, you get all the latest rasterisers, car updates and track updates (except Monaco which is a separate install) so I'm running GPL in FullHD (1920*1080), and it looks brilliant.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back