FSR 2014 Simulator Announcement

FSR is today ready to announce the switch of simulator to rFactor 2, which will be the platform used in the 2014 season. This is the first time since 2006 that the league commits to a change of racing simulation, following eight years of racing with rFactor. The decision was made by the ISR Club Board in unanimous manner.

Whilst the Club Board acknowledges that rFactor 2 is still a developing platform, the board sees more opportunities than issues with rFactor 2. After two years of public development, rFactor 2 has also proven to be a stable platform, which has seen use by plenty of other leagues, including various series hosted by RaceDepartment.

The decision regarding the mod will take place at a later date. However, the Club Board has limited the choice to stock ISI Formula mods, which offer superior realism compared to anything else released for rFactor2 at this date.

John-Eric Saxén, ISR Club President

This was really the last moment to get onboard with rFactor2, otherwise the train would have passed us. As with every "developing" game/software these days, there are some issues to be ironed out. We will do our best to co-operate with the developer to get these sorted. But equally, we found no direction to continue with rFactor. After eight years of use, including three or four where David and me have worked on the FSR mod physics, there was simply nothing more to explore without getting real manufacturer data. Also, the limitations of the tire model came against us, for example proper tire temperature modelling turned out to be impossible. Last winter we contacted a couple of "mod gurus", but there is simply very little interest remaining towards rFactor in the modding community.

A second much overlooked issue with rFactor has to do with cheating. With such a big competitor pool (I know, 99.9% are honest competitors) it has become a growing worry for me despite our excellent anti-cheat tools. With rFactor 2, this situation will take a big turn towards the better, due to obvious reasons.

David Dominguez, ISR Club VP
After so many years using rFactor, it was the moment to move on. rFactor 2 is, in this moment, the best choice for the league, knowing the current state of other simulators. Whilst it is true that the game is still not perfect, it's ready enough to give good racing to its members, and also bring new elements, such as dynamic road conditions, weather, a new advanced tire model, and more accurate physics overall.

Hmmmm an announcement I've been waiting for, pretty happy with this :) When can we purchase our PRO Team and Driver License for the upcoming season?

FufzE6G.gif

The ISI Marussia MR01 I think would be the best option :) Also DRS shld be in FSR this year if rF2 is used cos it would really show that FSR is an F1 league.

Last edited:
Or maybe you could ask F1RFT if you can get the files from F1RFT2013 unlocked so you could use that, and you could use physics from the ISI Marussia MR01, I can c that working :)

On the whole, really happy with this decision, I think the time was right, especially with all the changes there is in the real F1. I'm really looking forward to this season, i think it could be the best season yet.

They said in the Singapore broadcast that FSR was in for a lot of changes this year and they were right! Different calendar, new division structure, new game, absolutely brilliant!

With FSR using rF2 this year I think there is room for massive improvements this year.

Firstly, safety car. I don't see any reason why a proper safety car shouldn't be used as it's fine with rF2, which would add a great element of strategy to the racing and it would call for exciting racing when a restart took place. There is an F1 safety car that was released by isi so it would be great if that was used.

Secondly, DRS, as DRS is in rFactor 2, DRS would add great racing, yes it's a bit artificial, but it would improve the racing spectacle, particular for those watching the broadcasts, and it would really add more of an F1 feel to the series.

On the whole, really happy with this decision

If someone sees your past comments, this sentence would be the last thing they would expect, haha.

About SC, im agree, but on my last league before FSR, we ran with human SC (in rf1). I think if its possible could be so better idea than use a IA SC. We just need volunteers and coherent regulation for him/them.

Yeah I was thinking that aha :) Seeing John-Eric's comment at the top I think the time is right, despite a few bugs, thinking about it the bugs at Imola were erratic driving

If there were to be volunteers for a safety car there'd probably need a backup volunteer unless the main volunteer disconnects.

If someone sees your past comments, this sentence would be the last thing they would expect, haha.

About SC, im agree, but on my last league before FSR, we ran with human SC (in rf1). I think if its possible could be so better idea than use a IA SC. We just need volunteers and coherent regulation for him/them.

Ron, I didn't even dislike your post?

Edit: Actually I just did because you always want to blame me for something I didn't do so now you can blame me for something I did do ;)

Last edited:
Ron, I don't understand why you have to point out that 2 people disliked your post, now three (me), all I'm seeing from a few on here right now is bitching, including you, what goes on behind the scenes to run a big league like this must be really difficult, I wish some people would just think about what they post for a second.

Oh well, looking forward to the first season on rF2 which I only just bought today :)

8. Spamming and trolling is not allowed. Posts considered spam or lacking relevance or value to the discussion will be subject to deletion.

Ron, whether or not someone disliked your posts, it's total non-information for this thread. Any further off-topic or spam will be under review for forum penalties.

I am glad that its been Rfactor 2 its about time
About the 12 race...........Yes its not 15 or 16 its just 12
But its ok to me maybe 2015 and RF2 has more to offer

And yeah shame that Monaco is not in it
But SPA is so yeah we trade 1 in for another

Also its a lot of work for rf2 and tracks etc
Maybe some credit here and there could be nice
Maybe we need more volunteers to make the workload less for others and try to be more part of FSR
Then to burn it to the ground or whatever decision is made

Cheers

If I may offer a suggestion to John-Eric, Volunteer positions are what run the league. Without them, there would be no broadcast, no RD, no penalties, no President, there would be no FSR. FSR is also in short supply of Volunteers.

I would suggest that FSR create a more open forum, visible to RD which states the positions the league needs to fill. This should help to bring the league more volunteers, or at least let people know that FSR needs some without having to go into This section of the forums. Who knows, there may be people willing to volunteer which can make us an amazing working broadcast HUD. Just positions which people may have past experience.

Anyway, I hope something can be done about this.. If there is an issue that I don't know about with doing this, then please let me know..

Or maybe you could ask F1RFT if you can get the files from F1RFT2013 unlocked so you could use that, and you could use physics from the ISI Marussia MR01, I can c that working :)
F1RFT2013 have same physics and tires as MR01 I believe, even default setups are the same. It's a good mod overall, very nice to drive.

If I may offer a suggestion to John-Eric, Volunteer positions are what run the league. Without them, there would be no broadcast, no RD, no penalties, no President, there would be no FSR. FSR is also in short supply of Volunteers.

I would suggest that FSR create a more open forum, visible to RD which states the positions the league needs to fill. This should help to bring the league more volunteers, or at least let people know that FSR needs some without having to go into This section of the forums. Who knows, there may be people willing to volunteer which can make us an amazing working broadcast HUD. Just positions which people may have past experience.

Anyway, I hope something can be done about this.. If there is an issue that I don't know about with doing this, then please let me know..
This is why i offer to help all the time without fail (well mostly without fail)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 174 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 234 13.6%