Formula Retro Stuttering

I run Game Stock Car 2013 on its highest graphic settings ,and everything plays beautifully except for Formula Retro. I sometimes experience massive stuttering. Some tracks produce worse results than others, and the number of cars on the track affects performance as well. I'm baffled. Does anyone else experience the same?

System specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHz
12 Gig Ram
GTX 660

Have you read this one?
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18712-IS-NVIDIA-Image-Quality-A-Joke-Or-Is-It-Just-Me/page9

(contains config info about Nvidia & Ati) - smooth image without stuttering or tearing/stair-stepping but WITH major fps drop - It worked for me

Spinelli says:

"So with NVidia, like with AMD, for ultimate image quality in all RFactor / ISI based sims using it really comes down to 3 choices....2x Multisampling w/ 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling, 4x Multisampling w/ 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling, 8x multisampling w/ 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling."

(EDIT) 2 other things that worked in the past with rFactor 1 and GTR. After more testing and measurement, with a cool head, I don't think they work anymore.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/d3d9-dll-aumento-grande-de-fps.32687/
d3d9.dll change - gave me back some fps

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
the 4 GB patch used in rFactor and GTR - gave me back some fps

Just my two cents on what worked for me, what I tried and what didn't work. Cheers all.

Last edited:
Tried shadows off, and gsync but nothing iam not struggling with frame rates or image quality just tearing and stuttering. Fps are always 60 barely using 60% gpu power with vsync on 150-300 fps with it off. I've also noticed a majority of rf1 mods are doing the same so iam pretty positive it's all on my end hardware wise

I run Game Stock Car 2013 on its highest graphic settings ,and everything plays beautifully except for Formula Retro. I sometimes experience massive stuttering. Some tracks produce worse results than others, and the number of cars on the track affects performance as well. I'm baffled. Does anyone else experience the same?

System specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHz
12 Gig Ram
GTX 660
You could try reducing the amount of time for replays. Or even try switching off replay recording and see if that helps.

Are you using nvidia inspector?
I have it on my system, I've tried a few profiles with suggested tweaks but nothing so I just switched back to default. Replays are off.
I might have discovered what is causing my issue, while doing a clean nvidia driver install and nvidia surround setup one of my monitors is not showing up in windows, so iam lead to believe it's one of 2 things, faulty dvi cable or gpu. Iam gonna pick up a new cable this afternoon hopefully that's the cheap fix, tho I wouldn't mind a new possible gpu upgrade since it's still covered under the extended warranty :)

Reisa has sure worked their magic again with their 1.20 update. However, I must resurrect this thread because the Formula Vee cars cause similar random frame rate drops just like the Retros. The commonality between the two cars is that both have exposed transaxles in the rear. I get better results on some tracks than others. My graphic settings are full detail on everything except shadows (high). I use Invidia Inspector with SGSSAx4. Again, I get smooth frame rates with all the other cars.

The Formula V12's on one of the Buenos Aires layouts make the sim stutter enormously too.
After about a lap or so it seems to go away, when the field spreads out I guess.

Tried deleting the HAT folder, with no changes.
Time scaling = off.
Max visible vehicles = 18
Shadow blur = off

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline