Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Steve And Brendan...the only survivours at Macau.

I didnt come prepared for this race and im pretty much pushing it right now as i have plans for tonite and initially wasnt even planning on attending,but have until 10 30pm to be at the Goverment...great place..if you come to TO and like underground house bu sure to check it out..either way i came pretty unprepared did some crappy laps ,lucky to Q at P3

During the race i kept on hitting the walls and struggling with car,pitting for new wings and such and eventually had a massive accident on the straght leading up 2 T1...so my race was over,was very surprised that i only lost my front wing and one tyre..in either case Steve was in a league of his own today,putting me a lap down before lap 10 was over.Brendan was matchin Steve pace completely and he wasnt that far off the leader..WD Brendan

cu soon

As expected, this track caused absolute carnage and mayhem.

Unlike Steve who seemed to have thousands of laps under his belt, I had very little practice and was still making major last minute tweaks to the setup up until qualifying. With a low fuel load my setup had very little rear end traction so qualifying was difficult resulting in my position being near the back of the "field."

Within the first few laps I needed to pit for repairs and in doing so I incurred a completely accidental stop n go penalty for speeding in the pits. So I was a lap down very soon in the race and then I knocked off my front wing about 3 more times and had to pit for repairs all those times. I was able to keep the car going though and eventually finished 3 laps behind steve.

At this track that was probably quite the achievement.

Sorry gentlemen :(
Sunday mornings has always been an awful time slot for me [I doubt i will contest another FPPS season because of it]. Work has taken its' toll on me today...

I did front for the Wednesday night race. We had only three of us. I suspect the other Qld and NSW drivers were engrossed in the State of Origin Rugby League match.

Anyway, it is a shame that attendance is down. Hope you all had fun and did not lose concentration.

Peter
same here for me , but you can add me and Joe if you go for wednesday night races :) , but tracks like Macau in F1 cars !!!!!! ABSOLUT NOT FOR ME.... i share the same feelings with Bob about that track :cool:..

OK Next Fun Race...
- Wednesday night 7.30 AEST (9.30am GMT)
- Sat/Sun July 3rd/4th 9.30am AEST (11.30pm GMT) Normal FPPS Race time

Track options:
Zandvoort - 1
Nordschliefe - 2
Monza - 0

Car Options:
Radical SR4 - 2
GT Sport - 0
FBMW - 1

Vote now :)
I will update this post daily

After the very long 1hr26mins Macau race, I'm thinking something a little shorter would be better for the next one.
Around the 1 hour mark as 1 race
or
2x 25 minutes races with reverse top 8 grid position for race 2

Well depends on car for Nordschliefe.
FBMW would be maybe 3 laps while the radical or GT Sports would be more like 4, in a two race format.
In a single, longer race we would do more like 7 or 8 laps I imagine.

im easy with any option, just want to race as haven't touched the steering wheel since my last FPWS race...

let me know if I need to download anything.

I should be right for tomorrows race, the Sunday race I'll have to wait closer to the date.

i have no opinion at this time Chris...i read the review posted on the home page,but frankly it doesnt do anything for me...unfortunately since im fairly new to this league i am not familiar with the person that wrote it(no pun intended).I was wondering if there is anyone within the league..more specifically one of the top guys around here(world pro league top 5 or even yourself) willing to test the mode and perhaps write a review on it. I dont own rFactor at the moment and im a bit reserved heading that way,simply due to not enough feedback... feedback that comes from someone in the Formula Pro league ...point of reference being the MMG Mod(there are quite a few guys in Formula Pro that are very much fluent in F1 physics IMO..as much as they can be..and the MMG mod is to me fairly close)..i watched some recent FSONE'09 videos ...like within the last 48hrs and to be honest watching them the graphics look pretty cool..amazing detail ,the car looks awesome,but it just seems pretty easy to drive(maybe the driver makes it look easy)...car seems very capable..too capable,very glued to the track no matter what line you choose to take(then again looks can play tricks on you and can be quite deceieving).One thing i like about the MMG Mod is that it takes quite a bit of practice to get comfortable and drive the car on the very limit(for me anyway)..in fact i think its the most difficult F1 simulation i have ever tried...so if there is anyone here from the top dogs willing to test and write a review on the FSONE'09 it will be greatly appreciated

At this point in time we are looking to continue as is.
Same mod for season 4.
It is unrealistic to expect the whole division to go out & buy the game so they can stay a part of the Pacific community. Maybe, if the vast majority DO end up with it then we could look at that but at this point in time the F1 MMG is what Pacific is running.

Tracks to be announced soon.

.One thing i like about the MMG Mod is that it takes quite a bit of practice to get comfortable and drive the car on the very limit(for me anyway)..in fact i think its the most difficult F1 simulation i have ever tried...so if there is anyone here from the top dogs willing to test and write a review on the FSONE'09 it will be greatly appreciated
Also, for some of us it has taken a long time to understand this mod and get the cars to a level that will last a race distance at a decent pace. To change now takes away a whole season's worth of learning and development in terms of setup.

I agree on that. Our first FPWS season was also more about understanding the car ( and it was still in beta then, so it changed alot in the first races).
Second season was already way better in pace and driving standards. :)

Cool with me. I played the FSone09 mod today the first time and really, really like it. Car feels a bit twitchy and a bit harder to drive than the MMG but I think the MMG mod is too easy to drive anyway. I am driving the FSR MOD a lot so i am already a bit more used to rFactor now.
I like the rfactor points that Eric already pointed out like Parc Ferme, short pitstops etc.

Maybe we can discuss a few things we want to change for the next season, like changing either tyre use or longer races so there can be multiple strategies used. Right now there is really only the 50% race one pitstop strategy that works.
I also want to work a bit more with teams that are not in the of prestogp laptime chart, so we can get the field a bit closer.
I was thinking of some kind of racing school thing where the less experienced drivers drive with faster, more experienced drivers.
I liked winning the championship and most of the races, but I rather not win and have close, thrilling races, like in Macau where I was chasing Steve until I did all my stupid mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%