F1 2010 Formula One 2010 (Codemasters)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As seen on autosport.com - F1 News: New computer game deal for F1:

Formula One is to have its first official computer game in more than two years next season following the capture of a new official licencing deal with British gaming company Codemasters, autosport.com can reveal.
With Sony having published the most recent official F1 game last summer, based on the 2006 season and available only on PlayStation consoles, Codemasters' deal will see F1 return to a multiformat platform for the first time in many years.
The game is set to be available on all major home consoles, as well as handheld and PC gaming formats.
After weeks of discussion between Codemasters and Formula One Administration, it is anticipated that the company will produce the first game next year, based on the 2009 F1 season. This will be the first game that Lewis Hamilton will appear in.
Rod Cousens, chief executive officers of Codemasters, said: "Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology.
"The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the F1 audience and connecting them globally.
"As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with F1 is the jewel in Codemasters' racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion."
Chris Deering, chairman of Codemasters, added: "Codemasters' success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge.
"The combination of F1's new momentum of expansion and Codemasters' contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen."
Codemasters Studios has already begun preparations for the major task of creating the new game, by strengthening their team with personnel from the now defunct Sega Racing Studio.
There are 350 people working on the project, which will be based on the EGO Engine that Codemasters has put to good use on the Colin McRae: DIRT and soon-to-be-released Race Driver: GRID titles.

I loved the way Studio Liverpool were taking the game to new height, sure they lied to us more then once (full online championships, safety car, realistic damage etc), but, they made the games so much fun.

F1: Championship Edition was and still is brilliant.

I don't agree with you mate. Because it's liverpool studios turned f1 games into an arcade game. And i think most of the people thinks in that way. It's good for f1 licence to slip out from their hands...I think Codemasters will make the best f1 game ever made.:good:(..at least i hope:D..)

• Can Turan

I don't agree with you mate. Because it's liverpool studios turned f1 games into an arcade game. And i think most of the people thinks in that way. It's good for f1 licence to slip out from their hands...I think Codemasters will make the best f1 game ever made.:good:(..at least i hope:D..)

Don't be a foool!....that was the best f1 game which liverpool studios created..they are perfect. :highfive:

Don't be a foool!....that was the best f1 game which liverpool studios created..they are perfect. :highfive:

I'm with sa'd555 on that one. too far the other way. too easy and got old too quickly. it wasnt about the game it was about the license selling ps3's. marketing pure and simple. time for someone else to get a go. even if it is just grid all over again it will be 10 times the game that F1 CE was. although of course you gotta hope for the sim all the way ;)

I checked out and the only thing i found he was doing nothing since Grand Prix 4. Actually began a new game project called "Stunt Car Pro" but it's canceled...I hope he only by himself is coding a new f1 game secretly in his basement:D

• Rich Cookson

they do say this everytime - they've made some cool games ish, but I have no hopes - yet will stay open minded

Something that bears consideration is that Codemaster's games helped many of us simracers on our way when we started, ...I presume?! So if they create a semi sim/arcade F1 experience, then at least a % of the noobs who experience that will be on their way too. Down the line the simracing community grows, having learnt from Codemaster offerings what NOT to buy, and eventually with our numbers on the rise, we are able to dictate what WE want from the "gaming houses".

The whole point being, if we did'nt have the bad, how would we identify the good?

I am still happy that i ever ran into TOCA Race Driver 2. If it wasnt for that game this whole community would never been here :)
After the first steps in simracing (indy500, gp2, gp3, etc) i was kinda fed up with racing and TOCA 2 was the first game that got me hooked again.
Had fantastic battles with legendary teams like {StigS}, @GP's, FOG, P2M and others. Would never ever wanted to miss that. Those were the days :thumb:

And some still are up to today: friends for life. So yes, Codemasters rocks!

What I feel is that it will be very good looking, the graphics will be one of the best out, but underneath all that beautiful, eye candy graphics the game will lack realistic physics.
many people share your concerns, and have lobbied CM to make 2 modes: Sim & Casual Modes. check out the Official Forum, where CM are taking suggestions.

GOOGLE "Codemasters F1 2009 Forum" [not sure i'm allowed to post a link]

(Moderator note: go ahead :))

I found it on the official codemasters forum you give. One of the game's developers replie's is this:

All I can really say is that we're commited to creating the best F1 experience ever created in a video game. You wouldn't believe how many F1 nuts we have in the development studio
smile.gif
We will achieve it!
That sentences really made me impatient..I hope they are honest about that.:clap::clap:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%