Formula 1800 @ Brands hatch wednesday December 29th 2010

LMAO sergio. Alessandro that's a good idea as by then brakes and tyres should be managable. Sergio i think when it comes to the race the car will come to you, it's a great car when you do work it out.

It actually feels very good with race fuel aswell

I think I may give you a run for your money on that competition, Sergio!

I have family visiting, so I'm going to probably miss practice (I was just "practicing" if you can call it that, with Sergio and Ivan). I'll be there before qualification starts though. My goal for the race: stay on the track at all times and not hit anyone! If I finish last and accomplish that, I will be very happy!

That may work better actually. Have you and Bjorn decided how the World cup will work Alessandro? May be something to ponder if you are considering using formation laps for that then may be a good idea to use it in club races to get everybody used to it. If you stick to a ceratin speed like Ivan suggests it could work well

Loved it :). Hated these cars before, but when you get to know them, they are little gems.

Nothing interesting to report, hope I didn't get in anyone's way too much.
I went to race 1 with a quali time of 1:47:something, and my final two laps in the second race were both 1:39:4xx. Quite chuffed about that :)

Some random screenshots. The cars aren't that nice to look at, but what the hell.

nks2010122921192296.jpg

nks2010122921210093.jpg

nks2010122921212581.jpg

nks2010122921214137.jpg

nks2010122921225073.jpg

nks2010122921231287.jpg

nks2010122921270716.jpg

The car number 2 is the my car :love::love::love:
However... Wounderful race... Race 1... Pole... Fasten lap, and win with almost 10 second on Ross...
Race 2... Wounderful pole 1:35:4!!!!... But the race:poke: .... I see that I don't refil the car with the fuel, going to the pit and do a pitstop... Restart, and after half lap I go on the wall and damage my rear suspension... Return to the pit, fix my car, and conclude my race in 3th position :cool::cool::cool:

Ivan congrats on great performance!

And thanks to everyone for racing in good spirit!

I got caugt in some very strange lag incident in the first race. Had a good position after Lee (3:rd) and lost the whole race because of that.

Second one I was a bit grumpy and a bit lucky I guess :p

Ivan, would you mind sending that setup of yours to my email? I downloaded it several times but it doesnt seem to work. I'm guesing my winrar doesnt like your file for some reason.
I'll pm my email adress..

Excellent pace there Ivan, very impressive mate.

Quali did a PB with a 36:0 but just could not break the 35's, another day of praccy and they are on for me.

Race, wow great start there Ivan and i just could not hang on and ended locking my tyres and for the 1st time since i have owned the game, i flatspotted the tyres and could feel the difference. Took me a few laps to gather myself again by which time Ivan was gone. Happy with 2nd

On to next week, can't wait

Sorry for not making the 2nd race but i could not race another 30 minute race plus quali, too much when my kids are running round like nutters

Yes, I hope we will race these cars some more. As I said, I think they are great fun and a good challenge. Congrats to everyone for doing so well. I had family visiting from out of town, so couldn't take more time away from them. But I'm pretty tickled with my experience. Started at #8 in the first race, got a good start and benefited from some mistakes and got to 5th by the end of the first lap. Made a big mistake myself and wound up back at 8th, and then got back to finish 5th and very happy with that finish for my first race online. I was slowly reeling Alessandro in on those last few laps (from +14 to +4 at the end). :-p Sure wish I could have stuck in there for the second race.

I really like this sim and am very pleased to have found such a great group to race with.

Cheers!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back