Force Feedback issues like none else on the internet.

Hello!
Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this.
I have looked for 2 weeks, using every combination of searches I can think of.

I have a Porsche Gt2 Fanatec wheel with the latest firmware, running 32bit windows xp.

I bought and installed RBR 3 weeks ago, and have no force feedback whatsoever.

When I try to go to the force feedback options within RBR, (under setting>controller>forcefeedback) the force feedback is grayed out and I can not select it, it hops from controller setup to filters.

I have done everything under the moon that is listed on the internet. I have made sure the driver is working correctly, I have done the regedit thing,
I have gone into the RBR.ini file and changed any setting that could help me, I have updated all of the RBR patches, and still the force feedback option is grayed and I get no response in game.

Thanks again,
Blaze.

This all seems to me like the game (and maybe your PC) is having trouble recognising your wheel. All this using it in Logitech mode, PS3 mode, etc worries me. Honestly, I would have avoided that, it shouldn't be necessary.

Rather than fiddling (riskly) with Registry items, I would be inclined to just go into Control Panel and remove the following two items (if both are present):
Logitech Gaming Software
Porsche Wheel

Using Control Panel to remove both programs should clear the registry of these two items, or the Porsche Wheel software if that is the only one reported.
Re-boot the PC, and try installing the Porsche Wheel drivers again, then follow the manual for connecting the wheel via USB.
If you also have (or need) the Logitech drivers for another wheel or Controller, you can always re-install that again later.
Again, I'm clutching at straws because I don't know what procedures you used to update, & reverse update your GT2 drivers. When I have these sorts of issues, I like to go back to basics and remove old software via Control Panel, then re-install again (prefereably with AV turned off so it doesn't interfere).

This all seems to me like the game (and maybe your PC) is having trouble recognising your wheel. All this using it in Logitech mode, PS3 mode, etc worries me. Honestly, I would have avoided that, it shouldn't be necessary.

Rather than fiddling (riskly) with Registry items, I would be inclined to just go into Control Panel and remove the following two items (if both are present):
Logitech Gaming Software
Porsche Wheel

Using Control Panel to remove both programs should clear the registry of these two items, or the Porsche Wheel software if that is the only one reported.
Re-boot the PC, and try installing the Porsche Wheel drivers again, then follow the manual for connecting the wheel via USB.
If you also have (or need) the Logitech drivers for another wheel or Controller, you can always re-install that again later.
Again, I'm clutching at straws because I don't know what procedures you used to update, & reverse update your GT2 drivers. When I have these sorts of issues, I like to go back to basics and remove old software via Control Panel, then re-install again (prefereably with AV turned off so it doesn't interfere).

I had the same idea, and when nothing worked I made sure to not leave to logitech software on my pc, I also have freshly uninstalled and reinstalled the porsche wheel.
No FFB, but good ideas.

Thank's for the tip!

I think it might now be wise to discuss this issue with Fanatec. You need official confirmation that your wheel is supported bt RBR, just because my GT3 works, it doesn't confirm your GT2 will (but you'd think it would).
See if you can get confirmation from Fanatec, or even better, see if you can get someone who has the GT2 to advise if they have it working with RBR. The best place to get to the maximum number of RBR drivers would be RallyeSim, surely someone there has tried RBR with a GT2.

i had a look on rallyesim and some people have had problems and it seems to be down to firmware, are the drivers up to date, have a look if you can make any sense of it;)

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13209&p=389674&hilit= volant fanatec#p389674
I have the drivers and firmware up to date, but I am not using the beta that they say was causing the problem.

I have tried a combination of all available drivers with all available firmware and nothing worked.
Thank you for the help!
Blaze

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back