[Football] Your favourite Premiership football team

Man Utd have signed Gabriel Obertan from Bordeaux

let me guessw £20 million £30 million??

Im sorry but I think Sir Alex is a USELESS manager!

Tosic - £14million - Who??
Hargreaves - £14million - :lol:
Nani - £15million - again :lol:
Anderson - £12million - :lol: X3

Man Utd have soo much money and he wastes soo much, if he was at the likes of Hull or Stoke there is no way he would of done as good a job as Phil Brown or Tony Pulis.

Yes all that cash and they have won nothing.. :D

Funny how the sale of Ronaldo would of paid for all of those players you mentioned..

I also rate all the players you mentioned as decent players. Not so sure about Tosic just yet tho :)

What about Chelski. Now they know how to waste cash! What do they have to show for it? A revolving door on the managers office?

Tosic - £14million - Who??
Hargreaves - £14million - :lol:
Nani - £15million - again :lol:
Anderson - £12million - :lol: X3

Those are very wrong. Its £17 mill hargreaves, nani £18 mill and anderson £18 mill. Thats why they win. They can afford players like anderson who are absolute useless sqaud players for £18 mill.

Right - I've got no axe to grind either pro- or anti- United.

I don't particularly like Ferguson, (nor for that matter Benitez, nor Wenger - all of them have got persecution complexes and remarkably variable eyesight. If they had a single neck, I'd hack it through) but he made his name with Aberdeen, way down the list of moneyed clubs in Scotland - both the big Glasgow clubs & both the big Edinburgh clubs will be rolling in cash compared to them - so saying he can't do it on a budget is patently not true.

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole "Rooney and Ronaldo made them play worse" thing. They played differently, of course - neither Rooney nor Ronaldo are direct replacements for van Nistelrooy (goal sniffer) or Beckham (wide delivery) two excellent but more traditional types of player, yet that's essentially who they replaced - but "worse"? Nah, I can't buy that.

It becomes more and more apparent to me, the more I see them, that they are coming up to a major crunch time with regard to their playing staff, and who they will and won't have around, and the major person they will lose soon is the bloke who (to me) is irreplaceable to them and the way they have played over the last 10 years, irrespective who is up front - Paul Scholes.

How much did he cost them?

Iv said since last season that big replacements have to come in. So far it isnt looking good for utd. And as for comments from that other dude i dont agree with them. They do have alot of money to spend on players and when Benitez is bringing on David Ngog and fergie is bringing on tevez you see the difference in the squad. My view is they simply have more money to spend on these average sqaud players that LFC dont have. Ill put my hands up all day UTD are a better side no doubt. But like you said its crunch time. There centre midfield will be lacking this year with scholes getting to old and giggs (who mostly plays centre these days). They have the likes of carrick and anderson who are not very good players. We seen what a team can do to them if they go at them and it disapoints me that many teams dont do that.

Man U fans should pray and hope hargreaves stays fit as hell be the only real class Centre mid they have with his ball winning and his underated passing. As for the replacements they bought in. Well I dont think they are good or consistent enough for a top 4 team. Valencia was average at wigan. And teams will give him less space and time now hes at Man U. Owen. Well I think hes lost it. He could of wen to many teams but he chose the money to keep up his hobby of gambling. Gabriel Obertan is a young player who wont get many chances as i think hes there to be groomed under fergie for an attempt at the next best thing. They missed out on several really big targets like Benzema and I think Ribery wants to join the cat walk models at Madrid.

This season is going to be a close 1. My opinion at this early stage. As much as id love LFC to win the league. We simply havnt got enough funds to buy the players we need. Put your money on chelsea :good:

Re: Hargreaves - ball winning, yes, I agree. Passing - no, really not.

Teams have already worked out that, when Hargreaves is playing and you want to slow United down, you let Hargreaves have it. His passing won't hurt you like Scholes or Carrick can.

Owen could well be a masterstroke - what price him to be top scorer next year? It could also go horribly wrong, of course, I don't think it will be just "alright". It'll either be genius or an absolute farce.

Also, Liverpool aren't shy about lobbing out money on players, Torres, Keane, Johnson, just off the top of my head so I don't think the money argument really stands up, either. Quality of player that you get for your money, that's another argument.

I still reckon if anyone finishes above United then they'll have won it.

• Ariff Roose

The score ended 2-3! Manchester United won but Malaysia, being world #130+ , still managed to score some goals! Proud to be Malaysian now. a little

Aah nice then :D

But I just hate those terrorists.. :(

Here is a song made in memory of the bombings to face those terrorists:

Pandji Pragiwaksono - Kami Tidak Takut (We're Not Afraid)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEw1iHc6CP4[/ame]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back