FM5 FM5: First look at laserscanned Bathurst

Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

FM5: First look at laserscanned Bathurst

Back in September we already brought you an article about the Xbox One Racing Team that participated in the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 Supercars V8 race. Today Microsoft released a new Forza Motorsport 5 video featuring the team and..... Bathurst, laserscanned.

The car carried a striking green and black color scheme to promote the release of the Xbox One gaming console and the fifth edition of...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
0:15
"It's got the fastest touring car corner in the world."

It's not really a corner is it, it's more of a straight with risks.
Also, wouldn't the Nordschleife have the fastest corner, with the kink in the back straight?

0:15
"It's got the fastest touring car corner in the world."

It's not really a corner is it, it's more of a straight with risks.
Also, wouldn't the Nordschleife have the fastest corner, with the kink in the back straight?

The entrance to the Chase is by no means an easy corner. Taken flat at close to 300km/h in a V8 Supercar, the drivers are forced to go onto the little apron on the left hand side to get the optimal line through the corner, and soon after they go around the corner they have to be hard on the brakes, usually with the car still unsettled. Sure, by no means the hardest corner, but certainly not the easiest either.

RE the Nordschleife, well in theory you're probably right, except that I don't think there are any touring cars that race on the Nordschleife AND do 300km/h... correct me if I'm wrong though.

On another (related) note, usually they don't use this claim of 'the fastest touring car corner in the world'. In the build up to the Bathurst 1000 one of the repeated phrases is that it's 'the fastest corner in Australia', which is correct, but I suspect they used the probably correct but slightly less legitimate claim of being the fastest corner for touring cars in the world in this XBox/Forza promotion because... well it's a Forza promotional video... and 'in the world' is more impressive than 'in Australia'...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back