F1 2013 First F1 2013 video

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
  • Deleted member 90535

Why are people whining about F1 games from CM not being sim? I'm comfortable with the way the game connects arcade with sim. Sure, there are things that could be done better, but I want the balance to be kept. I don't want it to be rFactor or something.

Well for me it doesnt need to be a full blown sim. Don't expect that from codemasters at all.

However they could implement some features to make online racing more fun on the pc for communities like ourselves.

This would be an awesome game to race in high quality leagues, with dedicated servers, result outputs, replays etc etc. If they "fix" that its sim enough for me to be honest.

They Cant Make Sim Iam Preaty Sure 2013 game can besame as all f1 games by CM bored wit that arcade games!

Thats what rFactor and iRacing are supposed to be... although the chances of them being able to simulate all the forces involved in a true F1 car are slim.

This game from codemasters is for those of us that do not want to be burried in techno babble before we can even get the car out of the pits.

For instance, I can't even drive a car but I can play this game and have fun but when I try rFactor I just get bored of all the stuff Im supposed to know to even get around a bend without flying off the track and into the crowd... Which non of the software mentioned here simulates at all!

I totally agree that its in no way a sim and I think there has to be room in the market for both types of game. In my younger days I would have been very into rFactor and similar games but now I only have limited time to play and so the F1 series suites me fine.

I agree that a pad does not comes close to a wheel (I use a wheel) but each to there own! :)

Not much has changed in rules or regulations. Cars look similar except for liveries and vanity panel.
Drivers switching teams. So I don't see why codemasters are bothering with a new game.
Just fix the problems and everything else can be changed through DLC.

But thats not how they will make money. Just don't expect a bug free game and you won't be dissapointed. I've never came across a game with so many problems on release date than F1.
By the time it's released I'll have moved on from f1 to proper sim racing. It's time to explore for something better, for me anyway.

I'm the same as you, been playing Race 07 all week and it's put me off practicing for tonights race. Hopefully you can join me soon :thumbsup:
calum, i don't know how you can switch between the two and still be competitive.

i remember when f1 2012 came out and me and peter hooper were finishing our f1 2011 co-op campaign off. it was damn hard. in fact, the time i tried to jump on with 30 mins practise...peter kicked my ass and i ended up in a barrier.

last night, i jumped from f1 2012 on pc to xbox and the difference was more pronounced that i had remembered. gavin, maxtoto and rob all kicked my ass. the thing about any racing is...to be the fastest takes practise, practise practise as well as knowledge. i'm reasonably up to speed now but i have to be honest, there's so many bugs in f1 2012 that, having tasted more realistic games, you wonder if the practise is worth it. we strive for realism. the last few montnhs of just playing/testing games like race 07/gtr evolution, rfactor 2 and iracing has been so enjoyable. no pressure to compete, just fun trying different cars and to catch up what i've been missing for years. credit to codemasters - i started playing racing games properly during f1 2011 and it's led on to better things. however, once you've played f1 2011 and 2012, don't expect codemasters to change too much. their formula is arcade with enough hints of sim in them to convince some of us dreamers that it's "the real thing". to be fair when codemasters tried to make it a little more sim like, too many complained and the patch for xbox has reduced f1 2012 to an ugly sister of f1 2011 . quick down shifts full pressure braking (inconsistent lock ups) horrendous understeer at extreme low speed....yeah, once you've tried iracing or rfactor 2 you start getting spoilt and want more realism. doubt i'll buy f1 2013.

hope to race with you more soon calum and gav is making the right decision.:thumbsup:

It would be a total waste of a fanatec if you didn't make the jump guys, Hope to see you soon gav :thumbsup:
yes. you hit a large nail on the head mark. with f1 2011 i paid few hundred for a fanatec...i didn't get any force feedback. in fact, dirt was the best xbox game for ffb. then one day i tried rfactor and plugged in the csr. the pedal started to vibrate and the wheel felt different. hell...i had true ffb working! even f1 2012 on pc has some but not as good as other games.this year, i hope rfactor 2 and assetto corsa will be so good that they will be around for 5+ like rfactor. codemasters can keep churning out arcade - i just don't like that fact they have the license and they're not moving the game on with all the money spent

I had my first bit of practise on Catalunya today and I felt as if it was my first time playing the game again. I haven't really been competitive on 2012 this season so I'm not taking too much of a hit lol but I'm going to be dedicating the time to sims now so I'll gradually get worse at F1 :rolleyes:

I don't think it has helped that I was playing about with the Formula Masters on Race earlier and fell in love lol if F1 2013 drove like that I'd be all over it.

I had my first bit of practise on Catalunya today and I felt as if it was my first time playing the game again. I haven't really been competitive on 2012 this season so I'm not taking too much of a hit lol but I'm going to be dedicating the time to sims now so I'll gradually get worse at F1 :rolleyes:

I don't think it has helped that I was playing about with the Formula Masters on Race earlier and fell in love lol if F1 2013 drove like that I'd be all over it.
The formula masters are great mate wicked physics

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 70 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years