Ferrari 458 Italia @ Imola

Whoop, I finally beat the stig! Cheers Austin. I was close on the default .2, but I beat it by .3 with this set up.

Good for a 1:53.984

You still have to drive the thing, though.

Optimal is like a 1:53.5xx

Not a fan of the setup because it's basically everything maxed in terms of Toe/Camber settings, but whatever. Gotta do what you gotta do to go fast.

first time doing it, have no idea, where do i need to put it ?

Austin - are there some general changes that you would make to the generic setups across the board? Like max'ing the toe and camber settings, etc. I find that reducing the amount of fuel in the tank makes it easier to slow down. That's about as complicated as I can get without some direction from the pro's :geek:

Austin - are there some general changes that you would make to the generic setups across the board? Like max'ing the toe and camber settings, etc. I find that reducing the amount of fuel in the tank makes it easier to slow down. That's about as complicated as I can get without some direction from the pro's :geek:

I'm hardly a pro lol.

First off, the stock setups are VERY GOOD.

If there's lots of turns, reduce the tire pressure by 2 or 3 PSI for a bit better lateral grip.
Few turns and/or longer straights, increase the PSI by 2 or 3. Helpful at places like Mugello or Monza.
Coast Diff Slider to the left = more lift oversteer. Don't do it too much one way or the other, or you'll lose speed.
Fuel to like 10-15L is good for hotlapping.
Wheel Rate can go all the way down during hotlaps.
Wing settings are user preference. You basically want the rear ring low enough to provide just a touch of oversteer in fast corners though.

Also be sure to fiddle with the in-car aids. Some cars, low-level TC is very beneficial. ABS is a godsend in supercars.

^ Excellent information, Austin! Thank you for taking the time to write that down :thumbsup: If I can begin to understand how some of these changes can make me faster, this sim will be so much more immersive.

thx austin finally beat the stig
tho i pumped the tires up close to max then back down a little more down on rear and 56.3 with 2 tenths lost in s1 compared to earlier lap
37 37
35 35

Good for a 1:53.984

You still have to drive the thing, though.

Optimal is like a 1:53.5xx

Not a fan of the setup because it's basically everything maxed in terms of Toe/Camber settings, but whatever. Gotta do what you gotta do to go fast.
Thanks it instantly gave me a clean lap and faster than, my best to date!

Last edited:
Can this stock setup translate to S3? I tend to prefer driving the S3, but I'm looking for some more advanced tweaks to improve my times at Imola and Mugello. Well really all around I guess. Is the stock setup pretty solid anyway?

Time stands at 1:52
I just gave it a try, scored 1:58 and i have no idea how to get near 1:52 when i already was on the limit of the car ...

[EDIT]
Just downloaded another setup (like this one above) where they say they scored 1:53 but i couldn't even better MY lap that i set previously, which is complete bulls.it

Anyone any tip for it ?

[EDIT2]
Did couple of laps with the default setup. With which i set the best time 1:57.9 (from 3 laps on it)
That one is faster by whole 3 seconds the least, from the setup published above in this thread and the one attached as well on RSR livetiming.

Setups, aren't setups.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back