Ferrari 458 and the Silverstone Supercar Race

Hope this hasn't been talked about yet.

I am enjoying the 0.5 update. Can someone confirm if they are experiencing the same thing i am?

When i try to select a different car for the Silverstone Super Car Race i can only use the Ferrari 458. I wanted to race as the BMW, Lotus or MP4-12C as well.

Is this by design? Am i the only one? I just read that 0.5.1 was released already so it could have already been fixed. Could only race for a minute while i was home on my lunch break.

This is early access beta so if it is all i can do, so be it. Still love the sim and the team are great for letting us use this game before it is official.

Thanks All
Eric

If you really need to do this, you can either modify the existing event or create a custom event (recommended).

Exit Assetto Corsa
Change directory to: ~steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/specialevents
Copy the folder SPECIAL_EVENT_26 (including the contents) to SPECIAL_EVENT_99
Change directory to SPECIAL_EVENT_99 and edit file 'event'
Under the [RACE] section, change 'MODEL=ferrari_458' to 'MODEL=mclaren_mp412c'
Save the file and restart Assetto Corsa

A new custom event will be displayed at the bottom of the selection.

You can optionally rename NAME=Supercar Race under the [RACE] section to something of your liking.

You can also disable the penalty system if you like by setting 'ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4'

With a little effort, it's possible to create 4 custom races for this track just using each car type.

You can also increase the number of cars on the grid.

No credit for me, this is someone else's find.

If i increase the grid number more than 12,after first turn FPS drops to 1-2 and GPU load at 2% CPU at 45%
With 24 cars on grid at start i have around 45 fps GPU load 85% cpu 60%....
I will not post it as a BUG since i modified the files,its just an observation.
Specs:
AMD Athlon x4 640 @ 3.0 Ghz
8 gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb

Curious. I have a GTX680 4Gb, i7 2600k running as 2xAF and 4xAA with 4xSparseGridSuperSampling (significant performance consumer) also enabled. Running at 2650x1080, I get around 58 FPS right at the start of the race. I get some drops (down to 40fps min I think) when the action gets busy but nothing like yours.

For a grid of 22 Formula Abarth at Monza, it doesn't drop below 60 with the races I've run.

I have no clue whats going on..made some searches and tested some settings and stuff...and nothing.
Sometimes iits jumps to 30fps and then its decreasing to 2fps and so on.
Its like the GPU starts to work less and less...If i Alt-Esc the fps is going back to 80-90 and when i go back to game,fps starts to drop again and the image is in pieces scattered across the screen with some wierd color stripes and flickers...
EDIT*
Seems that in Replay fps doesnt drop below 30 on the grid and its up to 40-45 after the cars are spacing,cam view from last AI car from the grid. 24 AI cars

Last edited:
The temps are alright,no OC on the card...and it seems i dont have those wierd stripes,but as soon as i modify or add an event,i get that fps drop...strange is that the replay its fine,works ok...only when i race the custom event it happends.
I might leave it for now,no problem :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back