Ferrari 275 GTB vs Alpine A110 @ Mid Ohio - Thu 10th May, 2012

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Default GTC65: Ferrari 275 GTB vs. Renault Alpine A110
Track: VLM Mid Ohio non-chicaned ( download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (12 laps)

Note1: Default Cars & Skins Only ( Default list )
Note2: The car you will drive in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the entry list below. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1. For Race 2 you switch to the other car.
Note3: It is very easy to get a cut warning in Turn 1 of this track. So keep a bit distance to the kerb to avoid any penalty during the race (see post)
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito Ferrari
  2. Senad Subasic Alpine
  3. Stuart Thomson Ferrari
  4. Hans Sneep Alpine
  5. Jack Smith Ferrari
  6. Andrew Jarnell Alpine
  7. Rupe Wilson Ferrari
  8. Peter van Zanten Alpine
  9. Jacob Boonstra Ferrari
  10. Ross Garland Alpine
  11. Roland Warmenhoven Ferrari
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

I have every intention to be there, but won’t know for sure until thursday afternoon.:(
So I can’t signup yet but I’ll just pick the next available slot by then. Or ask to borrow Senad’s car if his luck hasn’t changed by then..;)

@Senad ,, hi i spent so many hours trying to solve a problem that i couldn't find ... i then took the plunge and reinstalled all win7 again and then my games... it took about 7 hours in total i must of waisted a lot more ... this is now my solution when thing get bad...
and it so good with a fresh system... only problem is i still crash... but this time its only a car not my system...:)

Had a blast tonight. Loved driving the Alpine. I was a full two seconds slower in the Ferrari, but it was still an enjoyable car to drive.

I had a nice race with Rupe in R1. Although I was in the Alpine and Rupe was in the Ferrari, our lap times were very similar. He'd blast away on the straights and I'd be all over him in the corners. Was really good fun but I just couldn't stay close enough to try a pass. I can't remember where I placed, but I was the highest Alpine.

I have no idea who the T2 missile was in R2 as only four cars are visible in my replay. :O_o: I don't really think it affected me though. I'd passed some of the Alpines off the start, but there was no way I was going to say ahead for more than a few corners. I think I finished 6th or something, but was the highest placed Ferrari.

I vote that the cars be treated as two different classes. Therefore, I got two 1st place finishes. :D

Race 1 in Ferrari. Had some really nice racing throughout the race and I really enjoyed the Ferrari. Was able to slowly climb up the field and was up past Jacob at one point. But on one of the last laps I managed to brake at the Alpine hay-bale instead of the Ferrari hay-bale and spun onto the grass. This let Jacob, Ross and Rupe through. Ended up with a very nice finish with less than a second between us all. Good stuff!

Race 2 in Alpine. Had some great racing throughout the race. Was able to catch Stu later in the race and had a great battle right up to the checkered flag.

Thanks to all of you that showed up and thanks for all the good racing tonight.

Race 1, Alpine.

Had a great start (for my standards), happy with that alone.
Hans was a bit feisty till turn 1, I'm going to attribute the bumping to eagerness of getting back to racing :p

After that, a couple of fun laps with Jack and Peter. Sorry if I caused too much grief there Peter.
Knut got by, nice driving from the back. I made a gap to Jack and Peter, and was driving alone till the end.

Looked fun up front, shame I didn't have the pace to follow at least.

Missed the start of race 2. Would've been a road block anyway.

Good combo though, as Ross said, was fun getting left behind on the straights, and then buzzing around the Ferrari in the corners :thumbsup:

Once again what a great couple of race's. But the FUN actually started the night before with a great test session with plenty of banter... this for me is whats making it special... i'm sorry to say Ive not found this in race 07.. You guys have something special here... i'm glad to be a part of it...
As for the races... we all got our lap times down a bit ..We had to .. Knut was so quick in both cars,,,:notworthy: ... i was about the same 2 seconds of the Knut... so when you see him start from the back, you know it wont be long before i see him in my mirrors .. As knut made his move up the inside of me, he had me beat so it was better to follow as i wasn't making much progress on Ross ( But great fun Ross):D
i hoped i could follow and make a move on Ross, it worked i also got through but a couple of turns later Knut was pulling away and now i had Ross in my mirrors. Each of us quicker at certain points.. but both not wanting to do the silly thing and spin or crash...
by about lap 8 i was relaxed and enjoying it and then there was smoke up the track in front of me .
Ross and i were now in a 4 way battle to the finish... Great stuff....:)

Race 2 started with a little overshoot in corner 2 by another car... i was lucky and slipped through the gap and i was off and running for my life.. and once again i could see Knut making his way to the front again.. I had no answer to his moves. I tried to hold my lines and hit my apexes and be as smooth as would allow.. I could also see Jacob cumming up behind me ... Jacod was a full second faster per lap but i was trying hard and my nerve held out.. i saw him spin behind me and i was free for a bit. I knew he would catch me back up so i was watching waiting , and sure enough with 2 laps to go ..Jacob was catching .i wasn't pushing and just hoped i could hold on ... only just made it... but great Fun again... thanks guys for a great week of fun....:thumbsup:

Race 1. I see from replay that the boys at the back were having a good battle for several laps with me defending them quite successfully until I brushed a curb which sent me spinning. Senad and his gang flew by. I later came across Peter and I was slowly gaining somewhat until I lost focus approaching the first righthander corner and had a hard time getting back on track. Dam that gravel. Hans went by. We had a good battle until the end. How come you went into the pits at the end Hans.
Race 2. I was a little shaky in this car. Too bad because I was having some good racing with some others but I had too many unforced offs that took me out of the challenges that we were having, mainly Peter and Hans. On the last lap Stun and Knut were closing fast so I went off track to let them by just near the end and it looked like I came in third as we crossed the finish line. I felt like Mr. Bean. Nice view from there.
Fun as always, just need to be more consistant. Heard that before. Thanks Knut for the event. Wd done to all.

Great fun again!! Great selection of cars, and an awesome track! Besides being challenging yet great fun to go around on, what srikes me most about this track that it's so meticulously built with great attention to detail: the buildings, the trackside objects, but also the variations in tarmac surface, all in good harmony giving this track awesome atmosphere. And yet a really small download. Top Stuff!:thumbsup:

As Rupe mentioned the fun already started on wednesday night, having some good laughs on TS while doing some practice laps. And then come race night, where the fact that almost everyone who's racing is on TS as well really adds to the fun. Apologies to you all for the 'Dutch 101' class trying to solve a problem over TS.:whistling:

Race 1 in the Ferrari went better than expected, after a good start managed to keep Stun the leader in sight the whole race;) . Could do no more than try to follow though while Knut, having started from the back made his way towards me and Jacob behind me. Race was a few laps too short for him to get by - and past - me I guess, so finished 2nd.:)

Race 2 in the Alpine; it's a car I was more familiar with so got a little over-confident. Started in 2nd but a good start got me into the lead. As most of you know by now I'm not very good at that:D , so after less than 2 laps I was a little too confident going over one of the hills so went off to the left, whereas the track went to the right :confused:
Back to 8th or 9th, with two Ferrari's ahead; managed to catch them after a few laps, but the bunch in the lead, all in Alpines I think, were too quick to catch. Gained a few tenths every lap on Jacob in front, but that takes a while to close a 6 sec. gap. And by the time I was on his tail I went off again myself....:speechless:
So no great finish this time but sure as hell some great fun!!
Thank you, all my fellow racers, for that!:thumbsup:

And Thank You to Knut, for an excellent first event! If you keep this up, we're in for some treats!
BTW any chanche you could figure out some great matched cars on a sweet track, and then NOT test them yourself :D:roflmao:???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back