F1 teams reject minimum car weight rise & slam Pirelli's mandatory pitstop proposal

Howard Choularton submitted a new blog post:

F1 teams reject minimum car weight rise & slam Pirelli's mandatory pitstop proposal

Formula One teams this week overwhelmingly rejected a proposal put forward by Pirelli to introduce mandatory pitstops, due to fears it will harm competition. Three top teams also blocked the hike of the minimum weight limit, despite strong support from the community for the limit's rise.

Monday saw the meeting of the Formula One strategy group, and the arrival of a handful of new rules for the 2014 season, including...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Drivers such as Nico Hulkenberg may lose out, as they will be forced to lose weight to stay competitive.

I'll bet if Hulkenberg had ended up at Lotus, they wouldn't have been opposing the increase in minimum car weight limit.

I'm sorry to say that together with Pirelli, Bernie and the rest of F1 management, has slowly but surely messed up the best and most popular event in the world.
No more is the general enthusiasm as great as it once was, where drivers were pitted against one another in outright ability, and not as now being proposed to hand someone double points at the end of the season, just to manipulate a alternate result.

Poor,poor decisions by senile administrators.....

I agree with the above comment. It's become more and more false and turnng into a bit of a circus. I love F1 but decisions like double points for one race at the end of the season just make a bit of a mockery of it all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%