F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Videos

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what assists the driver is using though.... I hope he's got TCS on full. He's all over the road, on the grass, in the gravel... Tyre pick up is huge and there doesn't seem to be grip lost.

If the tyre pick up is only cosmetic it will be a HUGE disappointment..
Yes but there is no "Allow 25G lateral load turn in" assist, unless it is a new one for 2012:giggle:

Yes but there is no "Allow 25G lateral load turn in" assist, unless it is a new one for 2012:giggle:
I didn't last long on Full TCS in F1 2011. I switched to med-TCS quite early on because it seemed like you could never lose the back end, even pulling moves like this guy does. Because of my lack of exp in full TCS mode i don't remember what an Over-steery car would act like with TCS on full.
If he's got a lot of front wing on and full TCS maybe it could account for 25G lateral load turn in?

I admit, i may be grasping at straws here, but i would rather beleive the handling is not as bad as it appears with no assists on in the few video demos we've seen so far. *crossing fingers*

No podium celebration? Is there a reason? They say they will keep the good stuff in bad stuff out, the podium celebrations weren't bad, they just weren't detailed enough.

They said that a podium celebration would get too repetitive and players would just end up skipping it (which i think is utter BULLSH*T!).

Maybe I am getting old and miserable, but is it just me who sighs when I see yet another clip where the car is driven from the T Cam, and see that piece of crap they call a pit stop?

No interaction, drive into the pit lane to meet the line @ 180 MPH, cut to a stupid new cameras because it looks 'cool'. There's no improvement over F1 2011, bring back the F1 2010 pit stop at a minimum (without the hold in box forever bug).

Now .... where's my blood pressure pills? :unsure:

You can see the new penalty system at 4.45. I'm not sure if 7 second will be enough though.

Penalty system is definitely too short. U can tell that the Sauber doesn't get pass him unless he slows down ALOT. They should tweak this feature a little more.

He talks a lot about quite a few small features. But the "little things" matter, and this time they've seem to got the message from the f1 community. I like how they implemented more aero for a more realistic experience.

Maybe I am getting old and miserable, but is it just me who sighs when I see yet another clip where the car is driven from the T Cam, and see that piece of crap they call a pit stop?

I think CM just haven't found the optimal way to let u do a pitstop, because they obviously cannot let u hit the pitcrew, due to FIA licensing agreements. Perhaps we'll see more next year...

I think CM just haven't found the optimal way to let u do a pitstop, because they obviously cannot let u hit the pitcrew, due to FIA licensing agreements. Perhaps we'll see more next year...
I think they use this as an all encompassing excuse, to cover up for something they cannot or will not do because they don't want to.

Nobody is asking them to enable the hitting or injury of the pit crews. In F1 2010 you could overshoot the box if you didn't brake correctly, and it gently pushed the jack man backwards. This meant that the crew pushed you backwards a little, adding a delay to the pit stop. EDIT: Not forgetting that you had to hit the pit limiter button (if enabled)

They can add as many beautiful camera shots and angles as they like, it is still an F 2011 pit stop with no genuine improvements, and it does not compensate from the total lack of control over a crucial part of the race ....

But hey .... it's just my opinion :)

Luckily, at the moment there appears to be some genuinely better improvements elsewhere.....

Here is my another video:

Later today, I will posted interview with Paul.

That's a great video and shows a lot of great things. But what it doesn't show is corner cutting penalties. There should have been a few of those.

The other thing that really stands out is the guy in the Top part of the screen completes the last lap and a half without a front wing!!!!! And it doesn't seem to hinder him very much unless he hits a kerb. He stays very fast own the str8's. He should be going straight off at the corners without a wing.
EDIT - unless the damage was only set to cosmetic.....

I love how the back tyres are overheated when he spins them up and the alert stays on the screen to let you know. Can't wait to test how quickly this makes the grip level drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back