F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
guys, I don't want to talk something wrong, so correct me if I'm wrong but.....did you notice the "developer diary #1" shows far better shadows effects projected on the car objects (mirrors, antennas, etc etc), and these videos didn't show such effects...I know it's wrote on the screen "work in progress" but....I don't know, just an observation...

Compare the first seconds on Dev. Diary #1 (onboard with Schumi) with the Pit Stop on Silverstone video...and you will see the difference...

Anyway, the videos are nice, the game seems to be far better to drive and the visuals are nice...in some parts of this video the track looks like the real Silverstone...amazing track quality...the cockpit is nice, it's not just a steering wheel and the driver legs, now you can see some tools there..

guys, I don't want to talk something wrong, so correct me if I'm wrong but.....did you notice the "developer diary #1" shows far better shadows effects projected on the car objects (mirrors, antennas, etc etc), and these videos didn't show such effects...I know it's wrote on the screen "work in progress" but....I don't know, just an observation...

Compare the first seconds on Dev. Diary #1 (onboard with Schumi) with the Pit Stop on Silverstone video...and you will see the difference...

Anyway, the videos are nice, the game seems to be far better to drive and the visuals are nice...in some parts of this video the track looks like the real Silverstone...amazing track quality...the cockpit is nice, it's not just a steering wheel and the driver legs, now you can see some tools there..

Yeah I see what you mean dude but I think its just that the Melbourne race is usually given an evening spot due to TV requirements and Codies are trying to replicate this, thats why the shadows are more pronounced compared to the Silverstone video. One thing that looks stunning is on the rain video, when driving under the pirelli advertising banner you can see a reflection of it in the puddles on the floor.

One gripe is the look of the racing line, looks so crap and for those that use is before they get used to the tracks it looks like its going to confusing and distract people from the actual corner

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%