Exporting A car onto Racer!!!

Hey guys iv made a basic shape of a car:

zxscreen3.jpg

1. How do i put wheels/tires on the car

2. how do i export it into racer so i can test it

3.I seriously dont know what a collision box is

4.I dont know what to put into the car.ini file

5. I should have never thought of making a car <>EDIT:This is my fist car so i will keep going and i need to be a little more patient.

1. Wheels are seperate models; you need to make them seperately in another Blender file. For the time being, simply use another car's wheels and .ini to get it right.

2. There's export files floating around somewhere on the net. DreamFactory may have them, IIRC. Follow the instructons included......you will need a supplemental program called "Python" to make everything work. Don't feel bad, it may take a few tries, but once it's done you won't need to set it up again. Typically, I export it out of blender, then import it into Zmodeler to scale and make sure it's right.

3. The latest version of racer uses a simplified version of the model you made to create a collision box. However, since it's so early in the stage of the model, racer will automatically calculate a box based upon the dimensions of the model.

4. Borrow another car's .ini......the ones for my Aviva is a good start and pretty easy to mod.

5. It's a bit intimidating, but once you get the basics down you'll be fine. :)

Thanks, 2o6! You rock!!! =D

You've just given me that little bit of hope, inspiration and encouragement that I needed! I was thinking of giving up on this, but thanks for that!!!

But, I do have a big problem, when i exported the car (DOF file) into racer along with a toyota corrola's car.ini only the wheels show up and the body doesn't can you help? If you want any screnshots of the ini or the ZX folder just ask me.

and another thing is how do i make my wheels on nothing and scale it to the model size? and at the end compile it. (Im using Blender :)

check the .ini, but I believe the name is "rhotana.dof"

You can steal a shader from any car. Just make sure you put the materials in the appropriate subject.

ok so now i renamed the

model
{
file=rhotana.dof

to

model
{
file=circle.dof

but when i open it in racer its not there.

and what is the shader file format, is it shadow.tga?

No.. tga is a texture format. Shader format is .shd (can still be opened in text editors).

its very basic but i do need to know how to get it into racer and i dont kno how to modify car.ini to my car and i was modeling with zmod just for trial and experience but my real car is in a dof file, i made a folder called CitroenZX
and 2o6 what are all those dof files you have rf, lt etc.

and in it i have:

circle.dof (my body)
car.ini (tell me if you want a copy of it im using 2o6 aviva car.ini but i dont know how to modify it)
views.ini(from 2o6)
car.shd(from 2o6)
car_nocg.shd(from 2o6)

but i still cannot see my car or body of it in racer:(

am i doing something wrong?

Have you put a texture on the body? Racer uses tga images - use Gimp, Paint.net, Photoshop..etc to create and edit them.

Which version of Blender did you get? The instructions vary slightly, but generally you select some faces and press 'U' to bring up UV options. Unwrap is the easiest, looks like this in 2.49b.

blenderuv.png

You'll need to set a viewpane to the UV editor to adjust where they show up, too (shown on the right here).

thanks will try and see for that and i have the version 2.49

Edit:I selected all my car for the unwrap thing but when i selected all my car i press 'u' then clicked on unwrap nothing happened??

am i doing something wrong

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back